- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
Man City v RB Leipzig Tips - Hosts tipped to blitz the Germans
- Man City vs RB Leipzig predictions for Thursday's UEFA Champions League Group A first round match
- Man City have won all 4 Champions League matches against German teams last season
- RB Leipzig have lost 3 of their last 4 matches
- Will Pep Guardiola's side start their UEFA Champions League title challenge with a win in their Group A campaign at the City of Manchester Stadium on Thursday evening?
Can Pep Guardio;a guide his side do better than last year in the Champions League? (Getty Images)
Man City vs RB Leipzig Tips
Manchester City will look to carry their impressive domestic form to Europe when they start their UEFA Champions League campaign against RB Leipzig. This Group A match will be played at the City of Manchester Stadium on Thursday evening Australian time.
I am backing Manchester City to continue with how they have been doing domestically. Pep Guardiola’s side has been very impressive with their defence and are likely to keep a clean sheet as well. Leipzig’s troubles are likely to continue as they come to Manchester, where they lost 5-0 last season in the Champions League.
- Man City vs RB Leipzig Tips
- Head to Head
- Man City Form
- Man City Team News
- RB Leipzig Form
- RB Leipzig Team News
- Man City have won all 4 matches against teams from Germany last season (Champions League).
- Man City have won their last 3 matches (All Competitions).
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches (All Competitions).
- RB Leipzig have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (All Competitions).
- RB Leipzig have lost 3 of their last 4 matches against England clubs (Champions League).
- RB Leipzig have lost 3 of their last 4 away matches without scoring (Champions League).
Head to Head
This is the first time that Manchester City and RB Leipzig are about to face each other.
Man City Form
Manchester City defeated Leicester City 1-0 in the Premier League last weekend. That makes it three wins in a row for Man City with all three wins coming with a clean sheet.
Pep Guardiola’s side has won seven of their last eight Champions League matches with four wins coming with a clean sheet.
City are equally strong at home, winning six of their last seven Champions League home matches.
Man City Team News
Zack Steffen is the only absentee for Man City with Phil Foden and Kevin de Bruyne back to being fully fit. Benjamin Mendy remains out of contention after being remanded in custody.
RB Leipzig Form
RB Leipzig are coming off a demoralising 4-1 loss to Bayern Munich at the weekend. That makes it three losses in four matches in Bundesliga for Leipzig.
Leipzig have happy memories of last season, coming through a group that had Manchester United and PSG. However, they crashed out losing 2-0 in both legs to Liverpool.
RB Leipzig Team News
RB Leipzig are likely to miss Marcelo Saracchi as he rehabilitates from a ligament tear. Marcel Halstenberg is another notable absentee as Angelino built up his fitness last weekend against Bayern Munich.
Man City vs RB Leipzig FAQs
Where can I watch the Man City vs RB Leipzig live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Man City vs RB Leipzig live stream.
What time does Man City vs RB Leipzig kick off?
This Champions League match is being played at the City of Manchester Stadium at 6:00pm AEDT on Thursday, September 16.
Manchester City have been impressive in the Premier League after starting with a loss on the opening weekend. As they look to build up on their European ambitions, Pep Guardiola’s side will try for a win in the Champions League. Leipzig’s poor form makes City heavy favourites to win this.
I am backing Manchester City to keep a clean sheet in this UEFA Champions League match. Leipzig have struggled this season and could be put to task by an aggressive City team.
Best Bet: Man City Win Full-Time Result @-303.03 at betfair - 3 Units
Value Bet: Man City to Win to Nil Full-Time Result @128.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit