- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
Watford vs Liverpool Tips - Goals likely to flow in Ranieri's comeback match
- Watford vs Liverpool predictions for Saturday's Premier League 8th round match
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 5 of Watford's last 6 Premier League home matches
- Liverpool have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 Premier League matches
- Mohamed Salah has scored 8 goals in 6 Premier League matches against Watford
- Will Watford get some new manager luck at the Vicarage Road when Watford and Liverpool clash in this Premier League match on late Saturday night Australian time?
Is there a happy homecoming for Ranieri in his first game in charge at Watford? (Getty Images)
Watford vs Liverpool Tips
New manager Claudio Ranieri will have his task cut out in his first game as Watford’s coach when they welcome Liverpool. This Premier League eighth-round match will be played at Vicarage Road on Saturday night Australian time.
Watford have had a tough start to the Premier League season and responded to that by sacking manager Xisco Munoz before the international break. Claudio Ranieri has experience in the league but Liverpool will be a tough cookie. I am backing Liverpool to win this match that is likely to see goals on the higher side. Mohamed Salah is also likely to continue his scoring record against Watford.
- Watford vs Liverpool Tips
- Head to Head
- Watford Form
- Watford Team News
- Liverpool Form
- Liverpool Team News
- Watford have seen over 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Liverpool (All Competitions).
- Watford have lost 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 5 of Watford’s last 7 home matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 5 of the last 6 matches between Watford and Liverpool (Premier League).
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has 8 goals in 6 matches against Watford (Premier League).
Head to Head
There have been 34 matches between Watford and Liverpool in all competitions. Of these, Watford have won six and Liverpool won 24 with the remaining four ending as draws.
Last season saw Liverpool win 2-0 at home with Mohamed Salah scoring a brace. Watford responded with a 3-0 win at this venue with Ismaila Sarr scoring a brace and Troy Deeney adding a late goal. Incidentally, that result ended Liverpool’s unbeaten 44-match run in the Premier League.
Watford start this weekend matches in 15th place with seven points from seven matches. They have won two and drawn one, while losing four matches.
The Hornets have lost 1-0 to Leeds United in their last match before the international break. That made it four losses in their last six matches.
Playing at home, Watford have won, drawn and lost one match each so far. Their latest home match was a 1-1 draw against fellow strugglers Newcastle United.
Watford Team News
Centre-backs Christian Kabasele and Francisco Sierralta are out of action for the next couple of weeks. Watford are also likely to miss Joshua King’s services but Joao Pedro could make his first start.
Liverpool start this round of fixtures 2nd in the Premier League table with 15 points from seven matches. They are only one point behind leaders Chelsea, although just one ahead of four teams trailing them.
The Reds are unbeaten this season with four wins and three draws. However, they have drawn their last two league matches including a hard-fought 2-2 draw against Man City last time.
Playing away from home, Liverpool have managed two wins and a draw so far. Each of the matches saw Liverpool scoring three goals.
Liverpool Team News
The Brazilian duo of Alisson and Fabinho are likely to be out of this match due to their late return from international duty. Diogo Jota is unlikely to be fit in time to start, while Trent Alexander-Arnold is nearing full fitness.
Watford vs Liverpool FAQs
Where can I watch the Watford vs Liverpool live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Watford vs Liverpool live stream.
What time does Watford vs Liverpool kick off?
This Premier League match is being played at the Vicarage Road at 10:30pm AEDT on Saturday, October 16.
Watford will hope for some new manager bounce, but Liverpool will travel here keen to pick up full points. Mohamed Salah’s form is a blessing for the visitors, who will look to keep in touch with the Premier League leaders.
I am backing this match to produce over 2.5 goals. Salah remains my pick to score first, owing to his record against Watford.
Best Bet: Over 2.5 Goals Full-Time Result $1.57 at Sportsbet - 3 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Mohamed Salah Full-Time Result $4.00 at Ladbrokes Australia - 1 Unit