- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
- Sunday 3
- Monday 4
- Tuesday 5
- Wednesday 6
- Thursday 7
- Friday 8
- Saturday 9
Manchester City vs Aston Villa Tips - City to falter on the final day?
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa predictions for Monday's Premier League game
- The game will be played at the Etihad Stadium (01:00 AEST)
- City will win the league title if they match or better Liverpool's result
- Can Pep Guardiola's side in the season with some silverware?
- Preview, tips, stats and team news
Bernardo Silva of Manchester City. (Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)
Manchester City vs Aston Villa Tips
Manchester City simply need to match or better Liverpool's result on the final day to ensure that they lift the Premier League trophy this weekend. After a season that has been full of ups and downs, Pep Guardiola's side know they are a single win away from silverware.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Tips
- Head to Head
- Manchester City Form
- Manchester City Injuries & Team News
- Aston Villa Form
- Aston Villa Injuries & Team News
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa FAQs
Aston Villa arrive for this match looking to end the season on a high. While they currently sit someway clear of the relegation zone, Villa will want to ensure that they sign off their 2021/22 campaign on a high, rather than with a big loss to City.
- Manchester City have not lost in the league since February 19th (W8, D3) (Premier League)
- City have only lost twice at home this season (W14, D2, L2) (Premier League)
- Aston Villa have won seven of their 18 away games this year (W, D1, L10) (Premier League)
- Villa were beaten 2-1 by City in their last game (Premier League)
Head to Head
City beat Villa 2-1 on the road earlier in the season to see the side extend their winning run against Aston Villa to eight matches. Clearly, City have had the better of this encounter in the past, and they will win the title if they extend this winning run.
Manchester City Form
Manchester City were forced to share the points in a 2-2 draw with West Ham in their last match. In a thrilling comeback victory, City had to come from 2-0 down to claim a point that keeps top spot in their own hands.
With 14 wins at home and 28 victories in total, City are the big favourites to win the league title and ensure the side finish with some silverware this year. In what has been a gripping title race so far, it seems as though City are going to edge home on the final day of the season.
Manchester City Injuries & Team News
City have a full squad to choose from.
Aston Villa Form
Villa come into this one on the back of a fairly poor run of form that has only resulted in three wins in their last 10 at the time of writing. Their 3-1 win over Burnley was Villa's last away game, while they drew 0-0 with Leicester in their last game on the road before this.
While Villa are not perfect away from home, they have sprung a number of surprises on the road. In fact, Villa have managed to win seven times whilst travelling, one more than Manchester United have managed all season.
Aston Villa Injuries & Team News
Villa have a full squad to choose from.
Manchester City vs Aston Villa FAQs
What time does Manchester City vs Aston Villa start?
The match kicks off at 01:00 AEST on Monday, May 23.
We cannot see anything other than a City win in this one. The home side will want to round the season off with a bang, and we predict a heavy win for Pep Guardiola's side as they look to keep Liverpool at arms length in the league.
Daily Racing Rewards
Log in to see offers
18+ only. T&Cs apply. Stay in Control. Gamble Responsibly. Think! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au.
Top Betting Sites
29 June 2022
30 June 2022
01 July 2022