- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
- Sunday 3
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace Tips - Blues expected to win big
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace predictions for Saturday's English Premier League match
- Chelsea have won 16 of their last 20 matches against Crystal Palace including the last 7
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 7 of the last 9 matches between Chelsea and Crystal Palace
- Who will win the first match of the season at Stamford Bridge?
Chelsea are tipped to start with a win (Getty Images)
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace Tips
London rivals Chelsea and Crystal Palace start their English Premier League campaign with this match at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace Tips
- Head to Head
- Chelsea Form
- Chelsea Team News
- Crystal Palace Form
- Crystal Palace Team News
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace FAQs
Chelsea have high hopes of challenging for the title, while Palace are regrouping under a new manager and will be eyeing a move up the table. I am backing a home win, while over 2.5 goals also looks a good option.
- Chelsea have won 16 of their last 20 matches against Crystal Palace including the last 7 (Premier League).
- Chelsea have won 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have scored 13 goals in their last 4 matches against Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 7 of the last 9 matches between Chelsea and Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace have lost 6 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke scored in his last 4 league games and has 7 goals against Chelsea (Premier League).
Head to Head
Chelsea lead the overall record against Crystal Palace winning 28 of the 54 matches, losing only 11 while drawing the remaining 15.
Last season saw Chelsea win both the matches comfortably scoring four goals in each match.
Chelsea won 4-0 at Stamford Bridge with Jorginho scoring a brace via penalties. In the reverse fixture, Christian Pulišić scored a brace to complete a 4-1 rout.
Chelsea won the UEFA Super Cup with a win over Villarreal via penalties in Belfast. Thomas Tuchel’s side played three friendlies before that winning two.
The Blues defeated Bournemouth and Arsenal 2-1 before a 2-2 draw against local rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
Chelsea have won just twice in their last five opening home games of a Premier League campaign, drawing one and losing two.
Chelsea Team News
Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech was taken off in the Super Cup win over Villarreal with an arm injury. He is likely to miss this action. A lot of players, including Mason Mount and Jorginho have recently returned to training.
Crystal Palace Form
Crystal Palace appointed former Arsenal great Patrick Vieira as their manager ahead of this season.
The Eagles played five friendlies ahead of this match, winning four and drawing one. Most of those were against Championship sides or lower, while the latest was against promoted Watford.
Palace will feel the weight of this trip, as they have lost their last four visits to Stamford Bridge. The combined score on those trips was 11-2 and have lost 4-0 in this same fixture last season.
Crystal Palace Team News
Crystal Palace will miss long-term absentee Eberechi Eze who ruptured his Achilles tendon in May. Nathan Ferguson and Michael Olise are also out of contention.
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace FAQs
Where can I watch the Chelsea vs Crystal Palace live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Chelsea vs Crystal Palace live stream.
What time does Chelsea vs Crystal Palace kick off?
This Premier League match is being played at Stamford Bridge at 11:30pm AEDT on Saturday, August 14.
Chelsea have a great grip over Crystal Palace with their recent record. They will also be high on confidence after the Super Cup win.
I am backing Chelsea to win the match comfortably with over 2.5 goals. Looking at how Benteke has shaped up against Chelsea, a small wager can be had on the Belgian finding the net.
Best Bet: Chelsea Win Chelsea Win @-294.12 at Ladbrokes Australia - 10 Units
Value Bet: Over 2.5 Goals Full-Time Result @-105.26 at Sportsbetting - 2 Units
Anytime Goalscorer Tip: Christian Benteke Anytime Goalscorer @550.00 at Winnersbet - 1 Unit