- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
Chelsea vs Southampton Tips - The Blues are backed to get back to winning ways
- Chelsea vs Southampton predictions for Sunday's Premier League 7th round match
- Chelsea have won 2 of their last 3 Premier League home matches with a clean sheet
- Chelsea have won 4 of their last 6 Premier League matches
- Southampton have failed to score in their last 3 Premier League matches
- Will Chelsea get back to winning ways against Southampton at the Stamford Bridge Stadium in this Premier League clash on Sunday early morning hours Australian time?
Can Thomas Tuchel guide Chelsea back to winning ways? (Getty Images)
Chelsea vs Southampton Tips
Chelsea will hope to bounce back from their Champions League midweek blues when they host a struggling Southampton this weekend. This Premier League seventh-round match will be played at Stamford Bridge in the early morning hours of Sunday.
After a promising start to their season, Chelsea lost their way in the last two matches. The Blues would be desperate to not lose further ground in the Premier League race. Southampton, on the other hand, are struggling to even get a goal and that puts them at disadvantage for this trip which may end up in a loss without scoring.
- Chelsea vs Southampton Tips
- Head to Head
- Chelsea Form
- Chelsea Team News
- Southampton Form
- Southampton Team News
- Chelsea have won 2 of their last 3 home matches with a clean sheet (Premier League).
- Chelsea have won 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Southampton have lost 6 of their last 8 away matches (Premier League).
- Southampton have failed to score in 5 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).
- Southampton have failed to score in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
Head to Head
Chelsea and Southampton have met each other 108 times in all competitions. Chelsea have won 46 matches while Southampton have won 31 with the remaining 31 ending up in draws.
These two sides played out two draws last Premier League season. At Stamford Bridge, they played out a 3-3 draw with Timo Werner scoring a double. The return fixture saw the teams play out a 1-1 draw with Mason Mount scoring for Chelsea.
Chelsea start this Premier League round 3rd on the Premier League table with 13 points from six matches. They have won 4, drawn and lost one each.
The Blues are coming off a 1-0 loss to Juventus in the Champions League in a group match.
Playing at home this league season, Chelsea have won 2 and lost 1. Both their wins have come with a 3-0 score.
Chelsea Team News
Christian Pulisic remains Chelsea’s injury absentee, while N’Golo Kante is out after testing positive for COVID-19.
Southampton start this weekend Premier League matches 16th in the table with 4 points. They are only one point above the relegation zone.
The Saints have drawn 4 and lost 2 of their 6 matches this season, but have failed to score a goal in three matches.
Southampton have struggled on the road with 2 draws and 1 loss. However, they have held Manchester City to a goalless draw on their last trip.
Southampton Team News
Armando Broja is ineligible for selection against his parent club. Theo Walcott and Stuart Armstrong are back in training but are unlikely to start.
Chelsea vs Southampton FAQs
Where can I watch the Chelsea vs Southampton live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Chelsea vs Southampton live stream.
What time does Chelsea vs Southampton kick off?
This Premier League match is being played at the Stamford Bridge Stadium at 12:00am AEDT on Sunday, October 3.
Chelsea’s season is threatening to fall apart after the loss at Juventus made it two losses in a row. Thomas Tuchel will be desperate for a big win that gets their Premier League title race back on track.
I am backing this match to go Chelsea’s way. With Southampton struggling to find goals, I am backing the hosts to win with a clean sheet.
Best Bet: Chelsea Win Full-Time Result $1.40 at Sportsbet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Chelsea to Win to Nil Full-Time Result $2.20 at Winnersbet - 2 Units