Local Sporting Clubs to win a share of $75,000 with Sportsbet's #BackingTheBattler
- Local Sporting clubs can win a share of $75,000 via the 2020 Hotham on October 9
- 14 prizes are up for grabs including $25,000 for first place
- Each successful entrant is paired with a horse in Australia's richest race for battlers
- Full details can be found below
The Hotham is Australia's richest race for battlers and in 2020, Sportsbet have introduced #BackingTheBattler which extends to local sporting clubs in 2020.
$75,000 will be spread across all 14 runners in the #TheHothamIV for 2020 where each horse will be paired with a sporting club and every successful entrant will walk away with a share of the total prize, regardless of what position their horse finishes:
#BackingTheBattler is open to any local sporting club in Australia and to enter this competition, applicants simply have to:
- List their sporting club
- Provide a representative's name and contact details
- Upload a Video (preferably)
- Explain why their sporting club has struggled in 2020
The #TheHothamIV for 2020 is set to take place on October 9 at the Ballarat Racecourse and all applications can be completed by clicking here
The Hotham is selected by reverse ballot conditions, as in a maiden with the most starts and least prize money will get preference in the field.