- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
Tigers vs Rabbitohs Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Rabbitohs to wrap up NRL finals spot
- Wests Tigers and South Sydney Rabbitohs get NRL Round 18 underway.
- The game takes place at Bankwest Stadium at 7.50pm AEST on Thursday.
- South Sydney can wrap up a finals spot with a win.
- Wests Tigers can move to within two points of the eight with a win.
South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Wests Tigers get NRL Round 18 underway on Thursday (Getty Images)
South Sydney Rabbitohs can wrap up a finals spot with victory over Wests Tigers on Thurday night at Bankwest Stadium. It is ninth-placed Wests against seventh-placed Rabbitohs with the Tigers able to move to within a win of the finals if they get the better of the Rabbitohs.
Tigers Form & Team News
Wests recorded a stunning comeback victory last weekend when defeating Manly Eagles 34-32 thanks to three tries in the last 11 minutes.
The win ended a two-game losing run and boosted the Tigers' finals hopes and moved them to within four points of eighth-placed Cronulla Sharks, and six behind the Rabbitohs.
The negative for Wests has been their form against the better teams in the competition, with the Tigers 0-8 against teams 11th or higher on the ladder since the third week of the season.
Don't change a winning team is a common thought, and that is what Wests have done. Josh Reynolds and Russell Packer have been named on an extended bench depsite walking out at half-time of the game against Manly.
The Tigers team for Thursday is below:
1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal 14. Matt Eisenhuth 15. Elijah Taylor 16. Jacob Liddle 17. Sam McIntyre 18. Chris Lawrence 19. Tommy Talau 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Russell Packer
Rabbitohs Form & Team News
South Sydney's five-game winning run came to an end when they went down 22-16 to the Melbourne Storm last Friday night.
The Rabbitohs had been the NRL's form team prior to that loss, with the wins including a 30-point win over Manly and a 38-0 thumping of Parramatta Eels.
Souths have not lost to a team outside the top 8 since the season resumed, and a win over Wests would guarantee them finishing inside the top eight.
Dane Gagai is back for the Rabbitohs after a hamstring injury, and Liam Knight starts at prop in the absence of Junior Tatola. Jed Cartwright is on the bench.
The Rabbitohs team for Thursday is below:
1. Corey Allan 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Steven Marsters 5. Dane Gagai 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Liam Knight 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Jed Cartwright 16. Patrick Mago 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Jaxson Paulo 19. Ky Rodwell 20. Troy Dargan 21. Cory Denniss
Tigers vs Rabbitohs Head to Head
South Sydney won 18-10 when the sides met in Round 9 earlier this season, making it three wins in the last four head to heads. The Rabbitohs have covered the line in four of the last six clashes with Wests.
Tigers vs Rabbitohs Odds
Souths are $1.38 favourites to return to winning ways with the Tigers the $3.10 outsiders. The line has been set at +7.5 for Wests.
Tigers vs Rabbitohs Stats
- Wests Tigers have won 2 of their last 7 matches.
- Wests Tigers are 0-8 against teams 11th or higher since Round 3.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won 5 of their last 6 matches.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have not lost to a team outside the top 8 since Round 2.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won 3 of the last 4 matches against Wests Tigers.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have covered line in 4 of the last 6 matches against Wests Tigers.
Tigers vs Rabbitohs FAQs
What time is the Tigers vs Rabbitohs match?
The Tigers vs Rabbitohs match is played at 7.50pm on Thursday, September 10.
Where is the Tigers vs Rabbitohs match?
The Tigers vs Rabbitohs match is played at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney.
How can I live stream the Tigers vs Rabbitohs match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see our live streaming options for the Tigers vs Rabbitohs match.