- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Sharks vs Titans Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Cronulla to keep finals hopes alive
- Cronulla Sharks take on Gold Coast Titans on Saturday
- The Sharks are holding onto 8th spot on the NRL ladder
- Cronulla have won 6 of their last 8 games
- Sharks winger Ronaldo Mulitalo has scored 6 tries in his last 5 games
- Gold Coast Titans have lost their last 4 games against the Sharks by an average of 13 points
The Sharks beat the Titans 40-10 at Cbus Super Stadium on 4 July 2020 (Getty Images)
The Cronulla Sharks take on Gold Coast Titans at Jubilee Stadium in Sydney on Saturday. The Sharks’ winning run in the NRL came to a halt after a narrow loss to the Eels, can they bounce back against a rejuvinated Gold Coast Titans side?
Cronulla Sharks Form & Team News
The Cronulla Sharks are holding onto 8th spot in the NRL having won six of their last eight games. The two defeats came against the only two top eight opponents they faced in that run.
The Sharks beat the Warriors 46-10, St George Illawarra 28-24 and Brisbane 36-26 before a tough 14-12 loss against Parramatta. Cronulla scored three tries to two but Shaun Johnson missed all three conversions.
Ronaldo Mulitalo’s second try tied the match at 12-12, but Parramatta won a controversial scrum against the feed and won the game with a penalty.
Winger Ronaldo Mulitalo and back rower Scott Sorensen have been named to face the Titans despite suffering head knocks last week. Aaron Woods said on Wednesday that Mulitalo had passed HIA protocols.
Half back Chad Townsend and prop Andrew Fifita are expected to return in the coming weeks.
No major changes for the Sharks this week with Jack Williams replacing Teig Wilton on the bench. Toby Rudolf is named to start but will likely come off the bench.
1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Josh Dugan 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Siosifa Talakai 12. Wade Graham 13. Toby Rudolf 14. Connor Tracey 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Jack Williams 17. Royce Hunt 18. Teig Wilton 19. Briton Nikora 20. Braydon Trindall 21. Bryson Goodwin
Gold Coast Titans Form & Team News
Gold Coast Titans have lost nine of their 13 games this season but have shown some improvement in recent weeks. Justin Holbrook’ side lost three in a row including a brave 18-12 defeat to the Roosters.
The Titans bounced back with a 30-10 win over the Cowboys at Cbus Super Stadium. Anthony Don, Kevin Proctor and Alexander Brimson (2) scored in the first half to establish a 20-0 half time lead.
Gold Coast are aiming for back-to-back wins for the first time since Round 6, 2019.
Titans coach Justin Holbrook has name an unchanged squad.
1. Alexander Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Dale Copley 5. Phillip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Nathan Peats 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Tyrone Peachey 16. Jarrod Wallace 17. Sam Lisone 18. Corey Thompson 19. Jai Whitbread 20. Young Tonumaipea 21. Beau Fermor
Sharks vs Titans Head to Head
Cronulla Sharks have a 12-8 advantage against Gold Coast Titans with one draw in 21 matches. The Sharks have won their past four games against the Titans including a 40-10 victory in July.
Sharks vs Titans Odds
Cronulla Sharks are $1.37 favourites with Gold Coast Titans available at $3.75. A draw can be backed at $26.00.
Sharks vs Titans Match Up
The Sharks crushed the Titans 40-10 on 4 July. They had a better completion rate (83%-68%), more post contact metres (502-291) and kick return metres (229-63).
Sharks vs Titans Stats
- Cronulla Sharks have won 6 of their last 8 games.
- Cronulla Sharks have scored 24+ points in 6 of their last 8 games.
- Cronulla Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson has 18 try assists this season, the most in the NRL.
- Cronulla Sharks winger Ronaldo Mulitalo has scored 6 tries in his last 5 games.
- Gold Coast Titans have lost their last 4 games against the Cronulla Sharks by an average of 13 points.
- Gold Coast Titans have lost 3 of their last 4 games.
Sharks vs Titans FAQ
Can I watch the Sharks vs Titans live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Sharks vs Titans live stream online.
Where is Sharks vs Titans taking place?
Sharks vs Titans is being played at Jubilee Stadium in Sydney, Australia.
When does the Sharks vs Titans game kick off?
Sharks vs Titans is being played at 3:00pm AEST on Saturday 15 August 2020.
The Sharks beat the Titans 40-10 just over a month ago. Despite Gold Coast’s win last week, Cronulla can get back on track and cover the -8 handicap with Ronaldo Mulitalo continuing his try scoring form.
Best Bet: Sharks -8 Match Line Bet @1.91 at Unibet Australia - 2 Units
Anytime Tryscorer Tip: Ronaldo Mulitalo Anytime Tryscorer @2.10 at Sportsbet - 2 Units
First Tryscorer Tip: Ronaldo Mulitalo First Tryscorer @9.00 at Sportsbet - 1 Unit