- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Sea Eagles vs Tigers Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Tigers the value in high scoring game
- Manly Sea Eagles host Wests Tigers at Lottoland on Saturday
- Manly have lost their last 5 matches
- Wests have lost 5 of their last 6 matches
- Both sides have conceded 192 points in the last 6 matches
Wests Tigers are the value against Manly Sea Eagles (Getty Images)
The misfiring Manly Sea Eagles and Wests Tigers bid to arrest a slump in form when they clash at Lottoland on Saturday. Manly head into the game having suffered five straight defeats, while Wests have won one of their last six to wave goodbye to finals hopes.
Sea Eagles Form & Team News
Manly have slipped to 12th spot on the NRL ladder - a place below Wests Tigers on points differene - after a miserable run of form. From 6-5 and firmly in the finals picture, the Sea Eagles are now 6-10 after five losses in a row.
The Sea Eagles have conceded 26-plus in each of those five defeats, which include a 56-16 thumping by the South Sydney Rabbitohs two weeks ago and a 30-6 loss to Melbourne Storm last weekend. Manly have conceded 180 points in their five defeats.
Manly have opted not to ruish start man Tom Trbojevic back from his hamstring injury. Reuben Garrick and Joel Thompson are ruled out, while Cade Cust was a late withdrawal.
Lachlan Croker replaced Cust at five-eighth, while their could be an NRL debut for rookie Josh Schuster. Tevita Funa shifts to fullback and Abbas Miski is named on the wing, while Jack Gosiewski starts in the back row
The Sea Eagles team for Saturday is below:
1. Tevita Funa 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Brad Parker 4. Albert Hopoate 5. Abbas Miski 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Jack Gosiewski 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 15. Corey Waddell 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Josh Schuster 19. Morgan Harper 20. Morgan Boyle 21. Haumole Olakau’atu
Tigers Form & Team News
Wests Tigers have lost their last two games, conceding 38 points and 30 points in the process, and five of the last six. The two latest defeats were against two of the big guns in Sydney Roosters and ladder leaders Penrith Panthers.
The Tigers have an identical 6-10 record to Manly but they have picking off the fodder at the foot of the ladder. Wests have not beaten a team outside the bottom four since Round 3.
Wests coach Michael Maguire makes a number of changes to his side with AJ Kepaoa replacing the dropped Tommy Talau on the wing, Josh Aloiai starting at prop in place of the benched Matt Eisenhuth and Shawn Blore left out altogether. Josh Reynolds has also been cut from the squad.
Moses Mbye and Adam Doueihi switch positions in structural changes to the Tigers side. Mbye moves to fullback with Doueihi starts in the centres.
The Tigers team for Saturday is below:
1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal 14. Matt Eisenhuth 15. Elijah Taylor 16. Jacob Liddle 17. Sam McIntyre 18. Chris Lawrence 19. Tommy Talau 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Russell Packer
Sea Eagles vs Tigers Head to Head
Wests Tigers have won four of the last five head to heads, although did suffer the one defeat in the last meeting with a 32-12 success in Round 22 last year. Manly have won six of the last seven home matches against the Tigers.
Sea Eagles vs Tigers Odds
Manly start as favourites at $1.77 to end their run of defeats with Wests priced at $2.15 to win the game. The line has been set at +2 points in the Tigers' favour.
Sea Eagles vs Tigers Stats
- Manly Sea Eagles have lost their last 5 NRL matches.
- Manly Sea Eagles have lost 4 of their 5 games at Lottoland this season.
- Wests Tigers have lost 5 of their last 6 NRL matches.
- Both sides have conceded 192 points in their past six games.
- Wests Tigers have won 4 of the last 5 matches against Manly Sea Eagles.
- Manly Sea Eagles have won 6 of the last 7 head to heads at home.
Sea Eagles vs Tigers FAQs
Where is the Sea Eagles vs Tigers game played?
The Sea Eagles vs Tigers game is played at Lottoland in Sydney.
When is the Sea Eagles vs Tigers game played?
The Sea Eagles vs Tigers game is played at 5.30pm on Saturday, September 5.
How can I live stream the Sea Eagles vs Tigers match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see options to live stream the Sea Eagles vs Tigers match.
Given the way the two defences have performed of late, the overs on total points has to be the bet. The value is for Wests to win as small outsiders, or with the Tigers with a small start.
Best Bet: Over 42.5 Points Total Points @1.91 at Sportsbet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Wests Tigers +2 Handicap @2.00 at Ladbrokes - 2 Units
Result Bet: Wests Tigers Win Match Result @2.15 at bet365 Australia - 2 Units