Two of the better teams of the 2020 season clash on Saturday night as the Sea Eagles host the Panthers in Sydney.
Both teams are fresh off gritty wins against weaker opposition. Which team can build on the momentum of last week?
Sea Eagles Form & Team News
The Sea Eagles got back on the winner's list last week with a gritty win over the Cowboys. The win leaves them still outside the top-eight but just one victory away from the top-four, such is the nature of the 2020 NRL season.
Dylan Walker is named in the reserves as he nears his injury comeback. Sean Keppie replaces Jack Gosiewski on the bench.
The Manly Sea Eagles team for Saturday can be found below:
1. Brendan Elliot 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Brad Parker 4. Moses Suli 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Cade Cust 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Haumole Olakau'atu 19. Dylan Walker 20. Tevita Funa 21. Morgan Boyle
Panthers Form & Team News
The Panthers are leading the league and look to be a true premiership contender. The Panthers did what they had to do against an average Titans outfit to maintain their position at the top of the ladder but they cannot afford any slip ups if they are to stay at the top.
Viliame Kikau returns in the back row, with Tyrone May dropping back to the interchange. Matt Burton is out. Api Koroisau is named in the reserves as he pushed to comeback from injury.
The Penrith Panthers team list for Saturday can be found below:
1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Billy Burns 18. Apisai Koroisau 19. Matt Burton 20. Zane Tetevano 21. Charlie Staines
Sea Eagles vs Panthers Head To Head
This has been an even fixture over the last four matches, with the sides spliting the games 2-2.
The last two matches between these sides have been decided by four points or less.
Sea Eagles vs Panthers Betting Odds
The Sea Eagles are the $2.40 outsiders in this match with the league-leading Panthers the $1.57 favourites.
Manly gets a +4.5 head start against Penrith.
Sea Eagles vs Panthers Match Up
Dylan Walker vs Jarome Luai will decide this match.
No-one doubts that the clash between opposing halfbacks Daly Cherry-Evans and Nathan Cleary will be enthralling, but it's the battle between rival five-eighths Walker and Luai that could prove decisive.
Walker's return from an ankle injury will add plenty of spark to Manly's attack and he'll be keen to make a mark. Luai has cemented his position as Cleary's right-hand man and is proving he has the maturity and poise to be a top-flight No.6.
Sea Eagles vs Panthers Key Stats
- Cherry-Evans has scored a try in each of Manly's last four games
- The last two games between these two teams were decided by four points or less
- Manly are just one win away from the top-four