Two teams sitting at opposite ends of the ladder meet on Saturday as the Sydney Roosters
and Gold Coast Titans clash on Saturday afternoon.
Boosted by the major signing news of David Fafita, the Titans were tough against the Panthers at home only narrowly going down in the wet.
Will the Roosters inflict a massive beat=down on the Titans or can the Coasts cause an upset?
Roosters Form & Team News
The Roosters are sitting pretty in fourth on the competition ladder having won eight of ten games since the competition resumed in May.
Despite receiving a scare from the understrength New Zealand Warriors last week on the Central Coast, Trent Robinson’s men are all class and rarely string bad performances together.
Ryan Hall will return to the wing in place of Brett Morris (back) in the only change for the side, while captain Boyd Cordner remains on the Sideline due to concussion.
The Sydney Roosters team for Saturday can be found below:
1. James Tedesco 2. Ryan Hall 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Isaac Liu 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Christian Tuipolutu 19. Drew Hutchinson 20. Daniel Fifita 21. Egan Butcher
Titans Form & Team News
The Titans once again find themselves at the wrong end of the ladder this season, but the endeavour this season cannot be faulted.
Although coming up against competition leaders in Penrith last week, the Titans were enormous challenging the powerful Panthers outfit to only narrowly go down by eight points.
Keegan Hipgrave returns to the second-row in place of Sam Stone, while exciting speedster AJ Brimson has been named on the reserves list and is a chance of playing his first game for the year.
The Gold Titans team list for Saturday can be found below:
1. Corey Thompson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Dale Copley 5. Phillip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Nathan Peats 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Tyrone Peachey 16. Jarrod Wallace 17. Sam Lisone 18. Erin Clark 19. Sam Stone 20. Jai Whitbread 21. AJ Brimson
Roosters vs Titans Head To Head
Although the Roosters have won 11 of 18 games against the Titans, they have dominated in recent years claiming the last five battles dating back to 2017.
The Titans haven’t won in Sydney for over 14 months, last tasting success against the Manly Sea Eagles on May 24 2019.
Roosters vs Titans Betting Odds
The Sydney Roosters are the raging $1.06 favourites heading into Saturday with the Titans the $9 outsiders, the biggest of the round.
The Titans get a huge +21.5 head start in this contest.
Roosters vs Titans Match Up
Jared Waera-Hargreaves is one of the toughest front-rowers in the game and has been the heart and soul of the Roosters pack for years, but he faces a stiff test packing the scrum against Titans gun Moeaki Fotuaika.
Despite having a reputation as one of the toughest in the game, Waerea-Hargreaves was taken on last week by Jack Hetherington who seemed to ruffle the veterans feathers.
A big man with a massive motor, Fotuaika is one of the most promising props in the game and will be looking to take a lead out of from Hetherington’s book by challenging the Roosters leader. Never one to lie down, the veteran hardman Waerea-Hagreaves will be looking to reassert his dominance this week, with the Titans young gun directly in his sights.
Roosters vs Titans Key Stats
- The Roosters are the shortest priced favourites of the round paying $1.06 to win the game
- The Roosters need to score four points to reach 40,000 points scored by the club since 1908
- The Titans haven’t won in Sydney for over 14 months and will face the competition favourites