- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
- Monday 5
- Tuesday 6
- Wednesday 7
Roosters vs Broncos Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Roosters set to rout Broncos again
- Sydney Roosters and Brisbane Broncos meet at the SCG
- The game kicks off at 7.55pm AEST on Friday
- The Roosters won 59-0 when the sides met earlier this season
- The Broncos have lost the last six games in a row
Brisbane Broncos lost 59-0 to the Sydney Roosters this season (Getty Images)
Friday night footy looks set for a one-sided contest when the Sydney Roosters host Brisbane Broncos at the SCG. The Roosters smashed the Broncos 59-0 earlier this season and, if anything, the two sides are even further apart ahead of the NRL Round 16 contest.
Roosters Form & Team News
Sydney Roosters bounced back from defeat to Melbourne Storm by thumping Wests Tigers 38-16 last week. The win keeps the Chooks in fourth spot on the ladder with a 10-5 record for the campaign, but they are well and truly in a fight for a top-four finish.
The Roosters continue to pile on the points, boasting the best attack in the competition for points scored, they are also conceding plenty at the other end of late. Sydney have conceded at least 16 points in six of their last eight matches and that will an area of concern heading towards the finals.
Roosters captain Boyd Cordner return from concussion and Daniel Tupou is also back, with Matt Ikuvalu and Daniel Fifita ruled out. Nat Butcher drops to the bench.
The Roosters team for Friday night is:
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu 14. Freddy Lussick 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Daniel Fifita 19. Ryan Hall 20. Max Bailey 21. Egan Butcher
Broncos Form & Team News
Peter Gentle takes charge of the Brisbane for the remainder of the season after Anthony Seibold walked away, but can he mastermind a dramatic turnaround of fortunes for the misfiring Broncos?
Brisbane have lost six in a row and 12 of the 13 matches since the season restarted. With the worst defence in NRL, one which has conceded at least 28 points in each of the last six matches, it could be another tough day at the office.
The Broncos make changes again with Anthony Milford out with a hamstring injury and Sean O'Sullivan starting his first game of the year at five-eighth. Suspended Issac Luke's place is taken by Cory Paix with Brodie Croft also brought back onto the bench. Corey Oates could play after six weeks out.
The Broncos team for Friday night is:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jordan Kahu 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Sean O’Sullivan 7. Tom Dearden 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Cory Paix 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. David Fifita 12. Ben Te’o 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Brodie Croft 15. Jordan Riki 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Jamil Hopoate 18. Jesse Arthars 19. Pride Petterson-Robati 20. Tyson Gamble 21. Corey Oates
Roosters vs Broncos Head to Head
There has been nothing to split the two sides in recent years with the last 12 NRL matches being split 6-6. The Roosters did win the most recent match 59-0 earlier this season, and were 36-4 winners on the only previous meeting at the SCG.
Roosters vs Broncos Odds
The Roosters are just $1.04 favourites to win the game with the Broncos huge outsiders at $11. The line has been set at a massive -26.5 points for the Roosters, but that underlines just how poor the Broncos' form has been.
Roosters vs Broncos Stats
- Sydney Roosters have the best attack in the NRL this season.
- Sydney Roosters have won 11 of their past 13 games at the SCG.
- Sydney Roosters won the only previous match against Brisbane Broncos at the MCG.
- Peter Gentle is taking charge of the Brisbane Broncos for the first time.
- Brisbane Broncos have lost their last 6 matches.
- Brisbane Broncos have the worst defence in the NRL this season.
- Brisbane Broncos have conceded at least 28 points in their last 6 matches.
Roosters vs Broncos FAQs
Where is the Roosters vs Broncos game played?
The Roosters vs Broncos game is played at the SCG in Sydney.
When is the Roosters vs Broncos game played?
The Roosters vs Broncos game is played at 7.55pm on Friday, August 28.
How can I live stream the Roosters vs Broncos game?
Check out our live streaming hub to see all options on how to live stream the Roosters vs Broncos match.
This will be one way traffic. While the line looks huge, the Roosters are more than capable of covering it against this woeful Broncos side.
For added value, take the winning margin to be between 31-40 points.
Best Bet: Roosters -26.5 Handicap Line @1.91 at Sportsbetting - 3 Units
Value Bet: Roosters by 31-40 Alternative Winning Margin @4.50 at bet365 Australia - 1 Unit