- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
- Monday 5
- Tuesday 6
- Wednesday 7
Rabbitohs vs Storm Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Storm to edge blockbuster clash
- South Sydney Rabbitohs take on Melbourne Storm on Friday night
- The two sides clash at ANZ Stadium from 7.55pm AEST
- Storm have won the last 3 matches against the Rabbitohs
- Rabbitohs have won their last 5 matches in a row
Melbourne Storm and the South Sydney Rabbitohs clash in a blockbuster (Getty Images)
The airborne South Sydney Rabbitohs will face off against competition heavyweight’s Melbourne Storm in a blockbuster at Sunshine Coast at ANZ Stadium on Friday Night. The Rabbitohs have hit season best form after thrashing the Parramatta Eels last weekend, while the Storm proved their class to run over the top of the Manly Sea Eagles.
Rabbitohs Form & Team News
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have been nothing short of unbelievable in their last fortnight of football, thrashing the Eels 38-0 last weekend having demolished Many 56-16 the previous week.
Recording their fifth straight victory, the Rabbitohs have put in two of the most dominant consecutive performances by any team this season, winning their last two matches by a combined 94-16.
They will have to overcome the major loss of Latrell Mitchell who will be out for the remainder of the season after having surgery this week. Alex Johnston replaces Mitchell at fullback, while Dane Gagai returns at centre for Steven Masters.
The Rabbitohs team for Friday can be found below:
1. Alex Johnston 2. Corey Allan 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'a 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Liam Knight 16. Patrick Mago 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Steven Marsters 20. Troy Dargan 21. Ky Rodwell
Storm Form & Team News
Welcoming back superstar playmakers Cameron Smith and Cameron Munster, the Storm proved too strong last weekend as they recorded a 30-6 victory over the Sea Eagles.
While plenty of speculation has been focused about what Smith’s future holds, the Storm are beginning to gather vital momentum heading towards the finals.
Brenko Lee returns to the centres for Marion Seve (knee), and Riley Jacks joins the bench for Nelson Asofa-Solomona (calf).
Solomona’s injury has forced a reshuffle in the forward pack, with Tino Fa'asuamaleaui shifting to lock and Chris Lewis starting in the second-row.
The Storm team list for Friday can be found below:
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Isaac Lumelume 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Chris Lewis 13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 14. Nicho Hynes 15. Ryley Jacks 16. Albert Vete 17. Darryn Schonig 18. Sandor Earl 19. Max King 20. Aaron Pene 21. Kenny Bromwich
Rabbitohs vs Storm Head To Head
Since 1998, the Melbourne Storm have utterly dominated the South Sydney Rabbitohs, winning 27 of 32 matches. The Storm defeated the Rabbitohs 22-8 last time the pair met in Round 4 this season.
Rabbitohs vs Storm Betting Odds
The Storm have opened as favourites for the match at $1.50, with the Rabbitohs $2.60 to make it six straight wins. The line has been set at -4.5 for the Storm.
Rabbitohs vs Storm Match Up
Cody Walker and Cameron Munster are both Origin quality halves boasting some of the best offensive games in the competition. Despite both forming as integral pieces in their team’s success, Munster and Walker boast different offensive styles.
Rabbitohs five-eighth Walker possesses the unbelievable ability to snuff out any hole or weakness in the defence. Boasting one of the cleverest short passing and kicking game in the competition, he possesses the speed, footwork and sheer unbelievable ability to open up a chance from anywhere.
On the other side, Munster is a big-bodied half who thrives upon the Storm’s ability to beat their opposition to the ground. Playing behind arguably the best pack in the comp, Munster’s greatest strength is his running game built upon his career at fullback.
Rabbitohs vs Storm Key Stats
- The Rabbitohs have won their last 5 matches.
- The Storm have won 27 of 32 meetings between the clubs.
- Melbourne have won the last 3 head to heads in a row.
- Rabbitohs have defeated the Storm only once since June 26 2010.
Rabbitohs vs Storm FAQs
Where is the Rabbitohs vs Storm game played?
The Rabbitohs vs Storm game is played at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
When is the Rabbitohs vs Storm game played?
The Rabbitohs vs Storm game is played at 7.55pm on Friday, September 4.
How can I live stream the Rabbitohs vs Storm match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see options to live stream the Rabbitohs vs Storm match.