Manly take on South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night in a huge game for the Sea Eagles' finals hopes. Eighth-placed Souths are two wins clear of 10th placed Manly, who must win to stay in touch with the top eight.
Rabbitohs Form & Team News
South Sydney Rabbitohs occupy the last of the finals spots heading into NRL Round 15 with an 8-6 record for the season.
That has been boosted by a run of three straight wins over the St George Illawarra Dragons, Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys, all sides sitting in the bottom six of the ladder.
The Rabbitohs lose Liam Knight to suspension, so Bayley Sironen returns. Jack Johns has been named on the bench.
The Rabbitohs team for Saturday is below:
1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Keaon Koloamatangi 16. Patrick Mago 17. Jack Johns 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Corey Allan 20. Troy Dargan 21. Kurt Dillon
Sea Eagles Form & Team News
Manly Sea Eagles have slipped outside of the top eight after a run of three straight losses to ladder leaders Penrith Panthers, New Zealand Warriors and Newcastle Knights.
It is now just two wins from their last eight games and the Sea Eagles are needing a boost if they are to be involved in the fight for finals spots.
At 6-8 for the season and two wins adrift of the Rabbitohs, it is crunch time with this a finals-like contest.
Manly have named Reuben Garrick at fullback in place of Bendan Elliot, Jorge Taufua comes back on the wing and Martin Taupau starts at prop.
The Sea Eagles team for Saturday is below:
1. Reuben Garrick 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Brad Parker 4. Moses Suli 5. Tevita Funa 6. Cade Cust 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Sean Keppie 17. Haumole Olakau’atu 18. Morgan Boyle 19. Abbas Miski 20. Jack Gosiewski 21. Addin Fonua-Blake
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles Head to Head
The Rabbitohs have had the better of things in recent times, winning eight of the last 12 contests. That includes victories in the last two head to heads courtesy of 21-20 and 34-26 wins last season including in the semi-finals. At ANZ Stadium, Souths have won the last four matches played at the venue including that semi-final.
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles Odds
South Sydney are the $1.38 favourites to continue their winning run, with Manly priced at $3.10 to end their run of losses. The line has been set at -7.5 for the Rabbitohs.
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles Stats
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won their last 3 NRL matches.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won the last 2 matches against Manly Sea Eagles, and 8 of the last 12.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won the last 4 matches against Manly Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium.
- Manly Sea Eagles have lost their last 3 NRL matches.
- Manly Sea Eagles' last 3 matches have had a least 48 points.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have seen at least 56 points in 2 of their last 3 matches.