- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Dogs to cover against flying Souths
- South Sydney Rabbitohs and Canterbury Bulldogs get NRL Round 19 underway
- The sides clash at ANZ Stadium on Thursday
- The Rabbitohs have won 5 of the last 6 matches against the Bulldogs
- Seven of the last 8 games have had 38 points or less
Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs get NRL Round 19 underway (Getty Images)
South Sydney Rabbitohs host Canterbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Thursday to get NRL Round 19 underway. In a mis-match of a contest, Souths will start as strong favourites to condemn bottom side the Bulldogs to an eighth straight defeat.
Rabbitohs Form & Team News
Souths bounced back from a first defeat since July when edging a tight one 26-24 against Wests Tigers last weekend. It was the perfect response to the defeat to Melbourne Storm which ended the Rabbitohs' five-game winning run.
South Sydney sit in sixth place heading into the penultimate round of the regular season, but have plenty to play for. They could yet sneak a top four spot, but could equally finish in eighth place.
Cody Walker has been named despite picking up an injury in the win over Wests. Dane Gagai is banned, with Jaxson Paulo replacing him on the wing. Rookie Troy Dargan has been named among the reserves and could replace Walker if he doesn't come through a fitness test.
The Rabbitohs team for Thursday is below:
1. Corey Allan 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Steven Marsters 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Liam Knight 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Jed Cartwright 16. Hame Sele 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Tevita Tatola 19. Patrick Mago 20. Troy Dargan 21. Cory Denniss
Bulldogs Form & Team News
Canterbury have now lost seven straight having gone down 32-20 to Manly Sea Eagles last week. With a 2-16 record for the season, the Bulldogs remain rooted to the foot of the ladder.
A win in one of the final two matches of the season could see Canterbury avoid the wooden spoon, but they find the form to jump out of 16th spot and above fellow strugglers Brisbane Broncos?
The Bulldogs make a number of changes in the search of a win with Tim Lafai named in the centres, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moved to the wing and Nick Meaney dropped to the reserves.
Luke Thompson has overcome a calf injury and starts at prop, and Chris Smith come in at lock. Renouf To’omaga drops to the bench where Sione Katoa comes back into the side. Rookie forward Matt Doorey is ruled out with a knee injury.
The Bulldogs team for Thursday is below:
1. Will Hopoate 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Reimis Smith 4. Tim Lafai 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Jake Averillo 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Luke Thompson 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Chris Smith 14. Brandon Wakeham 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Sione Katoa 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Dean Britt 20. Tuipulotu Katoa 21. Nick Meaney 23. James Roumanos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs Head to Head
South Sydney Rabbitohs have won five of the last six matches against Canterbury Bulldogs. That includes a 26-10 win in Round 8 earlier this season. Seven of the last eight games have failed to break 38 points.
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs Odds
The Rabbitohs are short priced favourites at $1.10 with the Bulldogs heavy outsiders at $7.00. The line has been set at a huge +16.5 for Canterbury.
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs Stats
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Canterbury Bulldogs have lost their last 7 matches.
- Canterbury Bulldogs have lost by 14 points or less in 6 of their last 7 defeats.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won 5 of the last 6 matches against Canterbury Bulldogs.
- Seven of the last 8 games have had 38 points or less.
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs FAQs
Where is the Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs game played?
The Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs match is played at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
When is the Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs game played?
The Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs game is played at 7.50pm on Thursday, September 17.
How can I live stream the Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see the live streaming options for the Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs match.
After a couple of big wins, Souths have recorded their last two wins by six points and two points. Taking the Bulldogs with a big start is the play, as is under the total points given the history of head to heads between these two sides.
Best Bet: Bulldogs +16.5 Handicap Line @1.91 at Sportsbet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Under 44.5 Points Total Points @1.91 at bet365 Australia - 2 Units