Penrith Panthers and Canberra Raiders meet in one of the games of NRL Round 13 at Panthers Stadium on Saturday. It is first vs fifth with five points separating the two sides on the ladder in the race for the minor premiership, putting more pressure on the Raiders to win this than their hosts.
Panthers Form and Team News
Penrith Panthers sit on top of the ladder by a point with a 10-1-1 record for the season. They have won seven straight, including a huge 42-12 win over Manly Sea Eagles last week at Brookvale Oval as they advertised their premiership challenge in impressive fashion.
While the Panthers boast the fourth most points of any side, it is the tight defence that has been key with Penrith conceding more than 16 points just twice.
Charlie Staines is a doubt after picking up a hamstring injury.
The Panthers team for Saturday is below:
1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Mitch Kenny 19. Matt Burton 20. Billy Burns 21. Daine Laurie
Raiders Form and Team News
Canberra Raiders are on course for the finals, sitting in fifth place on the ladder with an 8-4 record. The Raiders won their last three games, but have struggled to dominate - winning by four points, six points and two points. That has been the story of the season for Canberra.
A knee injury has meant Semi Valemi is out for the Raiders.
The Raiders team for Saturday is below:
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Jordan Rapana 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Curtis Scott 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali’i 9. Siliva Havili 10. Dunamis Lui 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Hudson Young 14. Tom Starling 15. Joseph Tapine 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Corey Harawira-Naera 18. Sam Williams 19. Michael Oldfield 20. Kai O’Donnell 21. Matt Frawley
Panthers vs Raiders Head to Head
The Raiders have won the last two head to heads against the Panthers, but it is 6-6 from the last 12 contests. At Panthers Stadium, it has also been an even split of three wins each from the last six matches at the venue.
Panthers vs Raiders Odds
The Panthers are favourites to continue their winning run at 1.48. The Raiders have been posted at 2.65.
The line is -6.5 for the Panthers in this game.
Panthers vs Raiders Stats
- Penrith Panthers have won their last 7 NRL matches.
- Canberra Raiders have won the last 2 matches against Penrith Panthers.
- The last 12 head to heads have been shared 6-6.
- Canberra Raiders have won their last 3 NRL matches.