- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Panthers vs Eels Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Panthers to set NRL record with 13th win
- Penrith Panthers host Parramatta Eels at Panthers Stadium on Friday
- The Panthers are bidding for a 13th straight victory
- They would become the first team in the modern era to win 13 straight games in a season
- Parramatta Eels are the only team to defeat Penrith this season
Parramatta Eels are the only team to defeat Penrith Panthers this season (Getty Images)
The airborne Penrith Panthers will host the Parramatta Eels on Friday night in Round 18 of the NRL season. The Panthers have all but sewn up the minor premiership and stand on the edge of an NRL record, while the Eels are desperate to build momentum towards the finals after a lean month.
Panthers Form & Team News
The Panthers recorded a 25-12 victory over the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium last weekend, their 12th in a row to extend a club record. A win on Friday would see Penrith become the first team in the modern era to win 13 straight games in a season.
The boys from western Sydney have now won 15 of 17 matches this season, with a draw and a six point loss to the Eels their only defeat.
Isaah Yeo returns at lock from a head knock, pushing James Fisher-Harris to prop and Moses Leota to the bench.
Kurt Capewell has shifted to the reserves, while Charlie Staines has also been named on the reserves to return from a hamstring issue and may push for a spot in the 17.
The Panthers team for Friday can be found below:
1. Dylan Edwards, 2. Josh Mansour, 3. Brent Naden, 4. Stephen Crichton, 5. Brian To'o, 6. Jarome Luai, 7. Nathan Cleary, 8. James Tamou, 9. Api Koroisau, 10. James Fisher-Harris, 11. Viliame Kikau, 12. Liam Martin, 13. Isaah Yeo, 14. Tyrone May, 15. Spencer Leinu, 16. Moses Leota, 17. Zane Tetevano, 18. Mitch Kenny, 19. Kurt Capewell, 20. Matt Burton, 21. Charlie Staines
Eels Form & Team News
The Eels were premiership favourites earlier in the season, however, seemed to have lost their way in the last month.
They bounced back from their demoralising 38-0 loss to the Rabbitohs with a narrow 24-18 win over the Warriors, but it is far from clinical footy from Parramatta.
Reed Mahoney has been named to start the game at hooker, however, is very unlikely to play after a shoulder injury.
Ray Stone will start at hooker if Mahoney is out, while Andrew Davey is the only other change, replacing Marata Niukore (rib) on the bench.
The Eels team list for Friday can be found below:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Jai Field 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 14. Ray Stone 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 15. Andrew Davey 16. Kane Evans 17. Oregon Kaufusi 19. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Haze Dunster 19. Stefano Utoikamanu 20. Will Smith 21. Samuel Hughes
Panthers vs Eels Head To Head
The boys from western Sydney have barely been split, with the Panthers winning 20 of 41 head to head matches to the Eels' 21.
Both of their last two matches have ended at 10-16, with the Eels winning the latest battle earlier this season after the Panthers took the chocolates last year.
Panthers vs Eels Betting Odds
The Panthers are $1.33 favourites for the match, with the Eels $3.40 to cause an upset. The line has been set at +8.5 for Parramatta.
Panthers vs Eels Match Up
Reagan Campbell-Gillard left the Panthers at the end of last season and will be itching to rip into his former teammates this weekend.
However, if he is to win the battle in the middle he will have to get over the top of James Fisher-Harris who is one of the form players in the competition.
Both big hitters, Fisher-Harris also boasts fantastic footwork and ball skills, and will be a handful for the Eels.
Panthers vs Eels Key Stats
- Penrith Panthers are bidding to become the first team in the modern era to win 13 straight games in a season.
- The last two matches between Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels have ended 16-10 at full time.
- Parramatta Eels have failed to win back-to-back matches in the last six weeks.
Panthers vs Eels FAQs
What time is the Panthers vs Eels match?
The Panthers vs Eels match is played at 7.55pm on Friday, September 11.
Where is the Panthers vs Eels match?
The Panthers vs Eels match is played at Panthers Stadium in Sydney.
How can I live stream the Panthers vs Eels match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see our live streaming options for the Panthers vs Eels match.