- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Knights vs Cowboys Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Improving Knights to continue rise
- Newcastle Knights host North Queensland Cowboys on Sunday
- The NRL Round 15 game concludes NRL Round 15 and kicks off at 4.00pm AEST
- The Knights are bidding for a third win in a row
- The Cowboys have won four of the last five head to heads
Mitchell Pearce will be key for the Knights (Getty Images)
The Newcastle Knights host the North Queensland Cowboys on Sunday to close out Round 15 of the NRL season. The Cowboys' nightmare continued last week as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against the Rabbitohs, while the Knights scraped home against the Sea Eagles.
Knights Form & Team News
After a frustrating final 20 minutes which included two denied tries, the Knights finally put the Sea Eagles away to record a 26-24 victory last week.
Last weekend's win was the first time this season the Knights had won back-to-back games, with Blake Green's addition freeing up Mitchell Pearce and Kalyn Ponga in attack.
Daniel Saifiti (knee) has been replaced in the front-row by his twin brother Jacob Saifiti, with Pasami Saulo joining the bench.
The Knights team for Sunday can be found below:
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Hymel Hunt6. Blake Green 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Kurt Mann 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Josh King 17. Pasami Saulo 18. Brodie Jones 19. Tex Hoy 20. Chris Randall 21. Jirah Momoisea
Cowboys Form & Team News
After what has been a horrid season for the boys up north, the Cowboys finally looked home against the Rabbitohs leading 30-24 with five minutes remaining. However, they capitulated to lose 31-30.
It is little coincidence the Cowboys played their best football in months following the return of halfback and captain Michael Morgan, who was outstanding in his second game back from injury.
Reuben Cotter replaces Jake Granville on the bench in the only change.
The Cowboys team list for Sunday can be found below:
1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Tom Opacic 4. Connelly Lemuelu 5. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 6. Ben Hampton 7. Michael Morgan 8. Josh McGuire 9. Reece Robson 10. Jordan McLean 11. Mitchell Dunn 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Reuben Cotter 15. John Asiata 16. Emry Pere 17. Francis Molo 18. Shane Wright 19. Jake Clifford 20. Corey Jensen 22. Justin O'Neill
Knights vs Cowboys Head To Head
The Knights and Bulldogs can barely be separated in the 37 head-to-head matches between the two clubs, with the Knights taking out 19 matches to the Cowboys 18.
The Cowboys came away 32-20 victors over the Knights last time they met in Round 7 this year, which also happens to be the last time the Cowboys won a game.
Knights vs Cowboys Betting Odds
The Cowboys are $3.50 to repeat their victory over the Knights from earlier in the season. Newcastle are 1.31 favourites to exact revenge, while the line has been set at -8.5 for the Knights.
Knights vs Cowboys Match Up
Mitchell Pearce and Michael Morgan are two fantastic players and are the keys to unlocking their sides success. Pearce, along with Kalyn Ponga, looks to have reaped the rewards following the acquisition of Blake Green two weeks ago. The Knights halfback boasts a terrific running game and will be vital in leading his sides charge towards the finals.
On the other hand, Cowboys captain Morgan enters this weekend's match with just as much pressure as ever. A premiership winner with the Cowboys in 2015, this is Morgan’s second year as captain and is a year which will test every inch of him. Missing most of the year due to injury, he was fantastic last weekend scoring a double and will be vital towards rebuilding the Cowboys, not only this year but beyond.
Knights vs Cowboys Key Stats
- The Knights are bidding to win three games in a row for the first time this season.
- The Knights have won five of their last seven matches at home.
- The Cowboys have won four of their last five matches over the Knights.
Knights vs Cowboys FAQs
Where is the Knights vs Cowboys game played?
The Knights vs Cowboys game is played at the McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle.
When is the Knights vs Cowboys game played?
The Knights vs Cowboys is played at 4.00pm on Sunday, August 23.
How can I live stream the Knights vs Cowboys game?
Check out our live streaming hub to see all options on how to live stream the Knights vs Cowboys match.