- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
Eels vs Storm Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Storm to win top four clash with Eels
- Parramatta Eels and Melbourne Storm get NRL Round 15 underway
- The game kicks off at 7.50pm AEST on Thursday at Bankwest Stadium
- Storm have won their last 8 NRL matches
- Storm have won their last 4 matches against the Eels
Melbourne Storm have won eight in a row (Getty Images)
It is a top-four clash as the Parramatta Eels and Melbourne Storm go head to head at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney on Thursday night. The heavyweight contest sees third-placed Eels bid to bounce back from defeat last week against the Storm, who sit second after a run of eight straight victories.
Eels Form & Team News
Parramatta Eels suffered just a third defeat of the season when losing 14-12 to St George Illawarra Dragons last Friday. With an 11-3 record for the season, they remain firmly in the hunt for the minor premiership.
Where the Eels have been struggling is on the scoreboard, with Parramatta held to 18 or fewer in five of their last six matches. They need to develop much more of a ruthless streak heading into the business end of the season, although the second strongest defence in the league is helping to paper over the tryscorer cracks.
The Eels are unchanged from the two-point loss to the Dragons.
The Eels team list for Thursday can be found below:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. Ray Stone 15. Marata Niukore 16. Kane Evans 17. Oregon Kaufusi 18. Andrew Davey 19. Haze Dunster 20. Will Smith 21. Brad Takairangi
Storm Form & Team News
Melbourne Storm are a team in form having won their last eight in a row. That includes two victories over reigning premiers Sydney Roosters, the most recent being a 24-6 win last weekend.
With the best scoring record and defence in the league, Melbourne are a dangerous force at present. Their last five wins have been by 18 points or more and they are taking some stopping with this kind of momentum.
Storm are forced into two changes with Sandor Earl coming in for Suliasi Vunivalu on the wing and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui replacing injured Dale Finucane at lock.
The Storm team list for Thursday can be found below:
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Sandor Earl 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 14. Nicholas Hynes 15. Tom Eisenhuth 16. Albert Vete 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Marion Seve 19. Chris Lewis 20. Cooper Johns 21. Darryn Schonig
Eels vs Storm Head to Head
Storm have won 19 of the last 26 matches against the Eels, including the last four straight. It has been a domination of late with Melbourne running out 64-10 and 32-0 winners last year.
Eels vs Storm Odds
The Eels are favourites at $1.60 with the Storm $2.35 outsiders. The line has been set +4.5 points in Melbourne's favour.
Eels vs Storm Stats
- Parramatta Eels have passed 18 points in only 1 of their last 6 NRL matches.
- Melbourne Storm have won the last 4 matches against Parramatta Eels.
- Melbourne Storm have won their last 8 NRL matches.
- Melbourne Storm have won their last 5 NRL matches by 18 points or more.
Eels vs Storm FAQs
Can I watch a Eels vs Storm live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Eels vs Storm live stream online.
Where is Eels vs Storm taking place?
Eels vs Storm is being played at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney, NSW.
What time does Eels vs Storm start?
Eels vs Storm is being played at 7.50pm AEST on Thursday 20 August 2020.
Melbourne Storm lose another two key men for this, but in their current form it is hard to pass up the odds on offer for a ninth straight win. Take Storm with the handicap start as a safe option, particularly as the Eels don't do a lot of scoring.
Best Bet: Storm +4.4 Handicap Line @1.90 at Sportsbet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Storm to Win Match Result @2.35 at PlayUP - 2 Units