- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
- Monday 5
- Tuesday 6
- Wednesday 7
Eels vs Broncos Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Matterson value to make an impact
- Parramatta Eels and Brisbane Broncos meet on Friday night
- The Eels can take a step closer to sealing a top four finish
- The Broncos have lost the last 9 games in a row
- Brisbane are one point away from their worst season for points conceded
Ryan Matterson is value to score a try for Parramatta Eels (Getty Images)
The Parramatta Eels host the Brisbane Broncos on Friday in Round 19 of the NRL season. The Eels are currently in fourth position on the NRL ladder and looking to seal their spot in the four, while the Broncos are hoping to avoid the wooden spoon for the first time in their history.
Eels Form & Team News
The Eels will be hoping to confirm their top four position this weekend with a win separating themselves and the Raiders in fifth position.
The Eels are looking to bounce back from last weekend's loss to competition favourite Penrith Panthers, a match they were beaten 20-2 in.
Reed Mahoney has been named to return from a shoulder injury which saw him miss last week's match, replacing Ray Stone (thumb) at hooker.
The Eels team for Friday can be found below:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Jai Field 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. Will Smith 15. Andrew Davey 16. Kane Evans 17. Oregon Kaufusi 18. Haze Dunster 19. Stefano Utoikamanu 20. George Jennings 21. Daniel Alvaro
Broncos Form & Team News
The Broncos have come under immense criticism this season, and it was their attack that faced the brunt of it after a disappointing match against the Titans last week.
Going down 18-6, the Broncos attack provided no variation and was easily handled by the Titans. It is now nine defeats in a row for this sorry Brisbane side.
Ben Teo and Joe Ofahengaue will start the game in the front-row following the loss of monumental leader Payne Hass (family) and Rhys Kennedy (suspended).
Tyson Gamble replaces Sean O’Sullivan (dropped) at five-eighth, with Ethan Bullemor and Jamil Hopoate returning to the bench.
The Broncos team list for Friday can be found below:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Richard Kennar 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Tom Dearden 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Issac Luke 10. Ben Te'o 11. David Fifita 12. Alex Glenn 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Jamil Hopoate 16. Xavier Coates 17. Ethan Bullemor 18. Kobe Hetherington 19. Pride Petterson-Robati 20. Sean O'Sullivan 21. Jesse Arthars
Eels vs Broncos Head To Head
The Eels and the Broncos have barely been split in 43 games, with the Eels taking out 22 to the Broncos 21.
The Eels, however, have utterly dominated the Broncos in their last two meetings, flogging them 34-6 and 58-0 in their last two matches.
Eels vs Broncos Betting Odds
The Eels are unbackable odds of $1.07 to defeat the Broncos at $9.00. The line has been set at -18.5 for Parramatta to cover.
Eels vs Broncos Match Up
Patrick Carrigan and Nathan Brown are both the spiritual leaders of their respective sides, led by their quick line speed and aggressive defence.
Despite Brisbane's tough season, Carrigan has been a consistent performer for the Broncos each week. A strong ball runner, Carrigan is already the leader of a young Broncos pack and will have to stand up following the loss of Payne Hass.
On the other hand, Brown is leading a dominant Eels pack hell bent on building momentum into the finals.
Eels vs Broncos Key Stats
- The Eels have beaten the Broncos 92-6 in their last two matches combined.
- The Broncos are on the verge of 10 straight losses.
- The Broncos only need to concede one more point to suffer their worst defensive season in history.
Eels vs Broncos FAQs
What time is the Eels vs Broncos match?
The Eels vs Broncos match will begin at 7.55pm on Friday, September 18.
Where is the Eels vs Broncos match played?
The Eels vs Broncos match is played at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney.
How can I live stream the Eels vs Broncos match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see the live streaming options for the Eels vs Broncos match.
The Eels should roll through the Broncos as expected, but there is no value in the win markets. The Broncos defence has been shaky all season, especially on the edges where Ryan Matterson looks great value as an anytime try scorer.
Best Bet: Ryan Matterson Anytime Tryscorer @2.75 at Sportsbet - 2 Units