St George Illawarra and the Sydney Roosters
kick off round 13 of the 2020 NRL season needing wins for very different reasons.
The Tricolours can string three-straight wins together on Thursday, but a defeat could see them drop outside the top-four. The Dragons were poor last week against the Rabbitohs and cannot afford to lose games if they are to force their way back into the top-eight.
Dragons Form & Team News
We saw the best and the absolute worst of the Dragons last week, with the Big Red V scoring the opening three tries before conceding four unanswered to lose by 12 points to the Rabbitohs.
The loss leaves them two wins away from eighth spot and in dire need of a win.
The big selection news for the Dragons is the omission of Corey Norman, who has been dropped to the reserves.
The St George Dragons team for Thursday can be found below:
1. Matthew Dufty 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Euan Aitken 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Ben Hunt 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jackson Ford 14. Tristan Sailor 15. Josh Kerr 16. Trent Merrin 17. Tyrell Fuimaono 18. Jacob Host 19. Corey Norman 20. Jason Saab 21. Kaide Ellis
Roosters Form & Team News
A shaky period which saw the Tricolours lose two of three matches against the Storm and Raiders, the Roosters are on a roll, winning two-straight games over the Warriors and the Titans. Sydney currently sit inside the top-four but a loss on Thursday could see them slip outside.
The Roosters will be without superstar Kyle Flanagan, who has been ruled out of the team.
The Sydney Roosters team list for Thursday can be found below:
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Tautau Moga 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Jacob Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Josh King 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Herman Ese'ese 18. Tex Hoy 19. Jirah Momoisea
Dragons vs Roosters Head To Head
The Roosters have won four-straight games against the Dragons and six of the last seven.
All four wins in favour of the Roosters have been in double figure margins.
Dragons vs Roosters Betting Odds
The Dragons are the $4.25 outsiders heading into Thursday with the Roosters the strong $1.22 favourites.
St George get a +11.5 head start on Thursday night.
Dragons vs Roosters Match Up
Matt Dufty vs James Tedesco will decide this contest.
The Dragons custodian has been his team's best over the past two months and will have to continue to provide the attacking spark if St George Illawarra are to have a chance against the Roosters. Another double against the Rabbitohs gave Dufty 10 tries for the season, good for fourth on the 2020 try-scoring table. Tedesco has been quiet in the past fortnight but he cannot be doubted at any point. He has just four tries for the season and hasn't crossed since his hat-trick against the Bulldogs in Round 5.
Dragons vs Roosters Key Stats
- The Roosters have covered the line in five of their last six night matches against the Dragons
- James Tedesco has scored at least one try in nine of his last 13 away appearances against opponents from New South Wales
- Each of St. George Illawarra's last four matches have gone over the total match points line