- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Dragons vs Raiders Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Dragons to push the Raiders close
- St George Illawarra Dragons host Canberra Raiders on Saturday
- The game gets underway at 3.00pm AEST at Win Stadium in Wollongong
- The Raiders have won 3 of the last 4 head to heads
- The Dragons' last 4 games have been settled by no more than 4 points
Canberra Raiders defeated the St George Illawarra Dragons at GIO Stadium in Round 8 (Getty Images)
St George Illawarra Dragons entertain Canberra Raiders at Win Stadium in Wollongong on Saturday. Defeat will end the Dragons' slim finals hopes, while the Raiders can keep the heat on the top four with victory.
Dragons Form & Team News
The Dragons have slipped to 6-11 for the season after losing their last two matches. They went down to the Gold Coast Titans 14-10 before losing a golden point decider 23-22 to North Queensland Cowboys last weekend.
St George sit 11th spot, six points adrift of the Cronulla Sharks in eighth. The Dragons need to win their remaining three games and still hope for a miracle to make the finals.
The Dragons hand an NRL debut to Cody Ramsey, who starts on the wing in place of Mikaele Ravalawa. Paul Vaughan comes back in following suspension along with Kaide Ellis, with Josh Kerr and Blake Lawrie dropped to the bench and Tyrell Fuimaono to the reserves.
The Dragons team for Saturday is below:
1. Matthew Dufty 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Euan Aitken 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Ben Hunt 10. Josh Kerr 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Billy Brittain 15. Jackson Ford 16. Tyrell Fuimaono 17. Kaide Ellis
Raiders Form & Team News
The Raiders lost last week's big game as they went down 18-6 at home to the Sydney Roosters. The defeat leaves Canberra a win adrift of the Chooks in fifth place on the ladder.
Canberra have won six of their last eight and still harbour hopes of breaking into the top four. They will be bouyed by the fact they haven't lost to a team outside of the top four places since Round 6.
The Raiders name the same team as last week, although Sia Soliola could return from a facial fracture after being named among the reserves.
The Raiders team for Saturday is below:
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Semi Valemi 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Jordan Rapana 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali’i 9. Tom Starling 10. Ryan Sutton 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine 14. Siliva Havili 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Hudson Young 17. Corey Harawira-Naera 18. Sam Williams 19. Matt Frawley 20. Matthew Timoko 21. Iosia Soliola
Dragons vs Raiders Head to Head
The Raiders have won three of the last four matches between the sides, including a 22-16 victory in Round 8 earlier this season and a 36-14 success in last year's only clash. Interestingly, two of the last five matches have ended in a draw after 80 minutes.
Home advantage at Wollongong has counted for little for the Dragons, with the Raiders winning four of the last five head to heads at Win Stadium.
Dragons vs Raiders Odds
Canberra are clear favourites to win the game at $1.42. St George Illawarra Dragons are $3.10 with another draw in normal time available at $23.00. The line has been set at +7.5 points for the Dragons.
Dragons vs Raiders Stats
- St George Illawarra Dragons have lost 5 of their last 7 matches.
- St George Illawarra Dragons' last 4 matches have been decided by four points or less.
- Canberra Raiders haven't lost to a team outside of the Top 4 since Round 6.
- Canberra Raiders have won 3 of the last 4 matches against St George Illawarra Dragons.
- Canberra Raiders have won 4 of the last 5 matches against St George Illawarra Dragons at Win Stadium.
Dragons vs Raiders FAQs
What time is the Dragons vs Raiders match?
The Dragons vs Raiders match is played at 3.00pm on Saturday, September 12.
Where is the Dragons vs Raiders match?
The Dragons vs Raiders match is played at Win Stadium in Wollongong.
How can I live stream the Dragons vs Raiders match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see our live streaming options for the Dragons vs Raiders match.
The Dragons have been involved in some close games of late and were only beaten by six points when these sides met in Round 8. They shouldn't turn around the form but can make a good shake of things again.
Best Bet: Dragons +7.5 Handicap Line @1.91 at Sportsbetting - 2 Units
Value Bet: Raiders by 1-12 Winning Margin @3.10 at Sportsbet - 1 Unit