Two teams looking to record bounce back wins kick off round nine of the 2020 NRL season as the Cowboys host the Roosters in Townsville.
The Cowboys were dismantled by the Eels on Friday night while the Chooks' winning run came to an end against the Storm in a golden point thriller.
Who will get their season back on track this Thursday night?
Cowboys Form & Team News
North Queensland is reeling after a 38 point loss to the Parramatta Eels last week in Sydney. Against a team who had arguably their best player out in Mitchell Moses, the Cowboys conceded four first half tries to be effectively out of the contest at the main break.
The Cowboys are still only one win outside finals contention but their points differential has them 44 behind the Tigers in eighth position.
Young prop Tom Gilbert is free to return from suspension and could bolster a forward pack, while the club will likely be cautious with Jack McLean, who is battling a calf complaint.
The North Queensland Cowboys team from last week can be found below:
1. Valentine Holmes 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Tom Opacic 4. Esan Marsters 5. Justin O’Neill 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh McGuire 9. Reece Robson 17. Francis Molo 11. Shane Wright 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Ben Hampton 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Peter Hola 18. Reuben Cotter
Roosters Form & Team News
The Roosters were stunned by the Storm last week, conceding a 22-12 lead to lose in extra time. The Tricolours will have to overcome another injury after Daniel Tupou underwent surgery last week for an ankle syndesmosis injury.
Ryan Hall is likely to replace Tupou, while Boyd Cordner and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves will need to prove they have overcome head knocks sustained in last week's loss.
The Sydney Roosters team from last week can be found below:
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Nat Butcher 14. Poasa Faamausili 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lindsay Collins
Cowboys vs Roosters Head to Head
The Cowboys vs Roosters fixture has been an even one in recent times.
The last six matches have been split 3-3 between the teams with only one match in the last four a double figure margin.
Cowboys vs Roosters Betting Odds
The Cowboys are the $4.50 outsiders heading into Thursday night, with the Roosters the $1.20 favourites.
The Cowboys get a +12.5 head start in the match line betting.
Cowboys vs Roosters Match Up
The battle of the fullbacks is an enthralling one with Valentine Holmes going head-to-head with James Tedesco. Val failed to make a big impact last week against the Eels while Teddy was his usual creative self against the Storm. Both men are capable of winning the game singlehandedly, but Tedesco's consistency gives him the edge in this one.
Cowboys vs Roosters Key Stats
- The Roosters have scored the first try in every match this season
- The Roosters win 80 per cent of the time as favourites
- The Cowboys are one of only three teams to have conceded over 200 points this season