- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
- Monday 5
- Tuesday 6
- Wednesday 7
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Manly to win battle of out of form sides
- Canterbury Bulldogs and Manly Sea Eagles meet in NRL Round 18
- Both sides have lost 6 in a row ahead of the clash at ANZ Stadium
- Manly Sea Eagles have won the last 3 head to heads
- The game gets underway at 6.00pm AEST
Manly Sea Eagles defeated the Canterbury Bulldogs in Round 3 this season (Getty Images)
Manly Sea Eagles get the chance to bounce back from last week's heartbreaking loss when they face bottom side Canterbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Friday. Manly lost 34-32 to Wests Tigers after conceding three late tries, but meet a Bulldogs side which has lost six in a row.
Bulldogs Form & Team News
Canterbury Bulldogs' form has failed to pick up and they look destined to finish with the wooden spoon. Last week's 18-14 defeat to Gold Coast Titans made it six losses in a row and Canterbury remain with just two wins for the season.
The Bulldogs are struggling for points, scoring more than 20 just three times all season. That isn't the worst in the competition, but improvement is needed if they are to win the final three rounds of the campaign.
Canterbury have opted for Jake Averillo to replace injured Kieran Foran in the halves, while Luke Thompson comes in for Aiden Tolman.
Marcelo Montoya and Kerrod Holland have been dropped. Jayden Okunbor comes back in and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moves to centre. Brandon Wakeham is named on the bench.
The Bulldogs team for Friday is below:
1. Will Hopoate 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Jake Averillo 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Aiden Tolman 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Luke Thompson 14. Brandon Wakeham 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Matt Doorey 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Dean Britt 20. Tuipulotu Katoa 21. Tim Lafai 23. Chris Smith
Sea Eagles Form & Team News
Manly's faints finals hopes were extinguished on Saturday when they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The Sea Eagles conceded three tries in the last 11 minutes as Wests claimed a dramatic 34-32 victory.
Manly have also lost six games in a row to go from 6-5 for the season to 6-11. The Sea Eagles have conceded 26-plus in each of those six defeats and shipped a total of 214 points in those losses.
Last week's impressive debutant Josh Schuster is out, as is Jorge Taufua. Abbas Miski and Cade Cust are into the starting line-up and Ben Trbojevic is named among the reserves and could make a debut.
The Sea Eagles team for Friday is below:
1. Tevita Funa 2. Albert Hopoate 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Abbas Miski 6. Cade Cust 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Jack Gosiewski 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Haumole Olakau’atu 19. Luke Metcalf 20. Morgan Boyle 21. Ben Trbojevic
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Head to Head
Manly Sea Eagles have won the last three clashes against the Canterbury Bulldogs, the most recent a 32-6 victory in Round 3 this season. At ANZ Stadium, the Bulldogs have won the last four meetings. Manly have covered the line in five of the last six matches between the sides.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Odds
Manly Sea Eagles are favourites at $1.42 with the Canterbury Bulldogs $2.90 to end their wait for a win. The line has been set at +6.5 points for the Bulldogs.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Stats
- Both sides have lost their last 6 matches.
- Canterbury Bulldogs have scored 20+ points just three times all season.
- Manly Sea Eagles have won the last 3 matches against Canterbury Bulldogs.
- Manly Sea Eagles have covered the line in 5 of the last 6 matches against Canterbury Bulldogs.
- Canterbury Bulldogs have won the last 4 matches against Manly Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles FAQs
What time is the Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match?
The Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match is played at 6.00pm on Friday, September 11.
Where is the Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match?
The Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match is played at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
How can I live stream the Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see our live streaming options for the Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles match.
The Bulldogs have had similar opportunities to win games this season, but haven't taken them. That should be the same outcome against Manly.
Canterbury are struggling for points, but that is the one thing the Sea Eagles aren't troubled by. Back Manly to continue their record of covering against Canterbury.
Best Bet: Manly -6.5 Handicap Line @1.91 at Sportsbet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Manly by 1-12 Winning Margin @3.10 at Sportsbetting - 1 Unit