Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters Betting Tips
Two in-form Sydney teams meet on Monday to close out round five of the 2020 NRL season as the Bulldogs host the Roosters at Bankwest Stadium.
Both outfits come into this match up following stellar performances against bottom four teams and will be looking to build on that as the season progresses.
Bulldogs Form & Team News
The Bulldogs returned to their best form last week, hammering the Dragons 22-2 in a sparkling display. The Dogs were boasted by the addition of star Kieran Foran to the side, who was able to hit the ground running and make a positive impact for Canterbury.
Christian Crichton replaces Kerrod Holland on the interchange. The Bulldogs have won three of their four games at Bankwest Stadium. Centre Reimis Smith was suspended for kicking for one game at the judiciary on Wednesday night. The Dogs are yet to announce who will come into the starting side with Crichton and reserve Morgan Harper the main candidates.
The Bulldogs team for Monday can be found below:
1. Will Hopoate 2. Nick Meaney 3. Kerrod Holland 4. Jake Averillo 5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6. Kieran Foran 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Adam Elliott 14. Christian Crichton 15. Renouf To'omaga 16. Dean Britt 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Ofahiki Ogden 20. Brandon Wakeham 21. Morgan Harper 22. Jack Cogger
Roosters Form & Team News
The Roosters officially became the outright favourites for the NRL Premiership after a 59 point hammering of the Broncos on Friday night. It was a display of consummate professionalism from the Chooks, who were on from the opening whistle.
In a massive boost to an already stellar team, reigning Dally M Medallist
James Tedesco returns to the line up after missing the win over Brisbane.
The Roosters team for Monday can be found below:
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Victor Radley 14. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Sitili Tupouniua 19. Mitchell Aubusson 20. Ryan Hall 21. Lachlan Lam
Bulldogs v Roosters Head to Head
The Roosters have dominated the Bulldogs over the last three years, winning seven-straight games against their opponents. Canterbury has only won three games over a six year stretch against the Tricolours.
Bulldogs v Roosters Betting Odds
The Bulldogs are the $7 outsiders at Sportsbet
to cause a boilover on Monday.
The Roosters are the $1.10 favourites heading into round five, and the line is set at -18.0 for the reigning premiers.
Bulldogs vs Roosters Match Up
Opposing five-eighths Kieran Foran and Luke Keary are the most influential players in their teams. Canterbury need Foran to keep standing up if they're to shock the Roosters, while Keary's ascent towards the top
Bulldogs vs Roosters Key Stats
- The Roosters have won their last seven games against the Bulldogs
- Josh Morris has scored a try in each of his last four appearances with his team as an away favourite
- James Tedesco has been the first try-scorer in three of Sydney's last four day matches in Sydney