An interesting match up awaits footy fans on Sunday with the Bulldogs hosting the Eels at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
This is a massive danger game for the Eels, who could slip out of the top-four if they show the same level of complacency the Knights did last week against a plucky Bulldog outfit.
Can Parramatta continue its dominant run of form over the Dogs?
Bulldogs Form & Team News
The Bulldogs recorded just their second win of the season, defeating the in-form Knights in Newcastle. Canterbury scored the opening three tries of the match and were able to withstand a second half barrage from Newcastle to claim the points.
Tim Lafai replaces Kerrod Holland at centre. Jack Cogger and Sauaso Sue join the interchange.
The Canterbury Bulldogs team for Sunday can be found below:
1. Nick Meaney 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Tim Lafai 4. Jake Averillo 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Kieran Foran 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Luke Thompson 14. Jack Cogger 15. Sione Katoa 16. Sauaso Sue 17. Ofahiki Ogden 19. Kerrod Holland 20. Renouf To'omaga 21. Chris Smith 22. Reimis Smith
Eels Form & Team News
Parramatta conceded top spot on the ladder this month but still remain in the hunt for a top-four berth after a spirited win over the Tigers. After giving up a try within the first two minutes of play the Eels knuckled down to record the 10 point win, which gets their premiership campaign back on track.
Kane Evans has overcome a calf issue while Oregon Kaufusi (broken hand) has also been cleared to play The pair replace of Brad Takairangi and Stefano Utoikamanu.
The Parramatta Eels team list for Sunday can be found below:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. Andrew Davey 15. Marata Niukore 16. Kane Evans 17. Oregon Kaufusi 18. Brad Takairangi 19. Stefano Utoikamanu 20. David Gower 21. Will Smith
Bulldogs vs Eels Head To Head
The Eels have dominated the Bulldogs in recent times, winning seven of the last nine matches between the sides.
The last two matches were low scoring affairs, with a combined 26 points scored by both teams.
Bulldogs vs Eels Betting Odds
Despite their giant slaying efforts last week the Bulldogs come into this match as the huge $6.50 outsiders, with the Eels the $1.12 favourites.
The Eels will have to overcome a -17.5 handicap if they are to cover the line on Sunday.
Bulldogs vs Eels Match Up
Kieran Foran and Dylan Brown is the match up to watch.
When the Bulldogs play well, Kieran Foran is a major reason, and after a great game last week against the Knights the five-eighth will be keen to keep that form
going against his former club. Eels No.6 Brown has grown enormously in
2020, perfectly complementing Mitchell Moses and feeding the outside
Bulldogs vs Eels Key Stats
- Maika Sivo has scored at least one try in each of Parramatta's last five day matches
- Parramatta has covered the line in seven of its last nine matches as a favourite
- The Eels have won seven of their past nine games against the Bulldogs