Friday night footy see the high flying Storm facing off against the dismal Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.
Both teams come into the round 11 clash on the back of very different results, with the Broncos struggling to stay alive in season 2020 while the Storm continue to go from strength to strength.
Broncos Form & Team News
Brisbane would be devastated with their last round performance, failing to score while conceding 48 points to the Wests Tigers. This match was on the back of a spirited win over the Bulldogs where the Broncos had looked to turn a corner.
Brisbane will undergo a switch-up on Friday, with Anthony Milford moving to fullback for the injured Tesi Niu, Tom Dearden starting at halfback and Brodie Croft donning the No.6 jersey.
The Brisbane Broncos team for Friday can be found below:
1. Anthony Milford 2. Herbie Farnworth 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Darius Boyd 5. Xavier Coates 6. Brodie Croft 7. Tom Dearden 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Cory Paix 10. Payne Haas 11. Joe Ofahengaue 12. Tevita Pangai Junior 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Tyson Gamble 15. Rhys Kennedy 16. Jamil Hopoate 17. Ben Te'o 18. Richard Kennar 19. Ethan Bullemor 20. Pride Petterson-Robati 21. Kobe Hetherington
Storm Form & Team News
The Storm are the hottest team in the league right now, and after a hard-hitting 36 point win over the Gold Coast Titans last Friday night. Melbourne is just one point away from top spot on the ladder and could end the round in first.
There aren't any changes for the Melbourne Storm heading into Friday night.
The Melbourne Storm team for Friday can be found below:
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Paul Momirovski 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Brandon Smith 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane 14. Marion Seve 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Albert Vete 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Chris Lewis 19. Suliasi Vunivalu 20. Ryley Jacks 21. Darryn Schonig
Broncos vs Storm Head to Head
Melbourne has the wood over the Broncos, winning their last seven meetings dating back to 2016. When we go even further back the dominance is further underlined, with the Broncos winning just twice across the last 19 matches.
Broncos vs Storm Betting Odds
The Broncos are the massive $8 outsiders heading into Friday night with the Storm at the $1.08.
Brisbane gets a +18.5 head start on their opponents.
Broncos vs Storm Match Up
Anthony Milford faces off against Cameron Munster in a match up that the Brisbane playmaker simply cannot afford to lose. Milford has the talent to be a top-flight playmaker but is yet to reach his potential. Munster successfully returned from injury last week against the Titans and will be looking to wreak havoc in his clash with Milford.
Broncos vs Storm Key Stats
- Melbourne has covered the line in each of its last six matches against Brisbane
- Josh Addo-Carr has scored a try in Melbourne's last six matches at Suncorp Stadium
- Paul Momirovski has been the first try-scorer in three of his last five appearances with his team as a favourite
- A win on Friday night would be Melbourne's eight-straight success against Brisbane