- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Broncos vs Panthers Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Panthers to hammer struggling Broncos
- Ladder leaders Penrith Panthers visit struggling Brisbane Broncos on Thursday
- The game at Suncorp Stadium gets NRL Round 17 underway at 7.55pm AEST
- Penrith have won a club record 11 games in a row
- Brisbane have lost their last seven games
Penrith Panthers can make it 12 wins in a row (Getty Images)
Ladder leaders Penrith Panthers look set for a wide-margin victory when they take on the struggling Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday. The Panthers have won a club record 11 games in a row, while the Broncos are on a seven-game losing run.
Broncos Form & Team News
The Broncos are in serious danger of finishing with the wooden spoon after slipping to a seventh straight defeat when going down 58-12 defeat to the Sydney Roosters last week.
The Canterbury Bulldogs are a win worse off at the foot of the table, but there is very little life left in this Brisbane line-up which has the worst defence in the competition having leaked 523 points in 16 games. It is for that very reason that the Broncos could end up finishing bottom of the pile.
The Broncos shuffle the pack once once again with the suspended Joe Ofahengaue replaced by Payne Haas at prop, and Corey Oates returning on the wing. That sees Herbie Farnworth move into the centres.
Issac Luke also returns in the hooker role with Cory Paix dropping to the bench, while Brodie Croft is dropped to the reserves and Jordan Kahu is left out altogether.
The Broncos team for Thursday is below:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Richard Kennar 6. Sean O’Sullivan 7. Tom Dearden 8. Payne Haas 9. Issac Luke 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. David Fifita 12. Ben Te’o 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Jordan Riki 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Jamil Hopoate 18. Jesse Arthars 19. Pride Petterson-Robati 20. Tyson Gamble 21. Brodie Croft
Panthers Form & Team News
Penrith remain on course for the minor premiership after extending their club record run of victories to 11 in a row last week with a 30-6 win over Wests Tigers. Four of the last five wins have been by 16 or more points.
It has been a near perfect season for Penrith, with just three points dropped all campaign. The Panthers are three points clear of Melbourne Storm in second place and can take a step closer to finishing top of the ladder.
The Panthers welcome back Viliame Kikau from suspension, and Moses Leota starts at prop for the concussed Isaah Yeo with James Fisher-Harris shifting to lock.
Hooker Api Koroisau has been named among the reserves but could start if proving he is over a calf injury. Kurt Capewell returns from injury on the bench.
The Panthers team for Thursday is below:
1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. Moses Leota 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. James Fisher-Harris 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Kurt Capewell 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Apisai Koroisau 19. Billy Burns 20. Matt Burton 21. Pat Hollis
Broncos vs Panthers Head to Head
The Panthers have a poor record against the Broncos, who have won the last four matches between the sides. The most recent was a 12-point victory in Round 22 last year.
Penrith have also lost seven of the last eight meetings at Suncorp Stadium.
Broncos vs Panthers Odds
The Panthers are the shortest priced favourites of NRL Round 17 at just $1.06. The Broncos are huge $9.50 with the line set at +22.5 points for Brisbane.
Broncos vs Panthers Stats
- Brisbane Broncos have lost their last 7 NRL matches.
- Brisbane Broncos have conceded more points (523) than any other team this season.
- Brisbane Broncos have won the last 4 matches against Penrith Panthers.
- Penrith Panthers have won their last 11 NRL matches.
- Penrith Panthers have lost 7 of their last 8 matches at Suncorp Stadium.
Broncos vs Panthers FAQs
Where is the Broncos vs Panthers game played?
The Broncos vs Panthers game is played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.
When is the Broncos vs Panthers game played?
The Broncos vs Panthers game is played at 7.55pm on Thursday, September 3.
How can I live stream the Broncos vs Panthers match?
Check out our live streaming hub to see options to live stream the Broncos vs Panthers match.
Brisbane Broncos have an excellent record against the Penrith Panthers, and in any other season they would seem a very attractive price.
But these two sides are far apart from previous seasons. This should be another heavy defeat for Brisbane, and Penrith can cover the handicap comfortably.
Best Bet: Panthers -22.5 Handicap Line @1.91 at PlayUP - 2 Units
Value Bet: Panthers by 31-40 Alternative Winning Margin @4.25 at bet365 - 1 Unit