- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Broncos vs Dragons Betting Tips, Preview & Odds - Dragons to slay Broncos
- Brisbane Broncos take on St George Illawarra Dragons on Friday
- The NRL Round 15 game kicks off at 7.55pm AEST
- The Broncos have won just one of their last 12 matches
- The Dragons have won the last 3 head to heads
- St George begin life under interim coach Dean Pay
Dragons can celebrate another win against the Broncos (Getty Images)
The Brisbane Broncos host the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 15 of the NRL season on Friday night. The Dragons recorded an extremely brave victory to send out coach Paul McGregor a winner in his final game. For the Broncos, things couldn’t get any worse.
Broncos Form & Team News
Once the most powerful club in the league on and off the field, the pride of Queensland rugby league has fallen completely off the cliff in 2020. Their second-half demolishing at the hands of the Canberra Raiders epitomised their season.
Payne Hass (suspended) and front-row partner Thomas Flegler (shoulder) are both out, replaced by Joe Ofahengaue and Rhys Kennedy who will start in the front-row, with Ethan Bullemor and Jamil Hopoate joining the bench.
Anthony Milford returns for Brodie Croft (dropped), Jordan Kahu will play his first game this season for Jesse Arthars, and Issac Luke starts at hooker for Jake Turpin (broken hand).
The Broncos team for Friday can be found below:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jordan Kahu 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Anthony Milford 7. Tom Dearden 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Issac Luke 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. David Fifita 12. Ben Te'o 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Jordan Riki 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Jamil Hopoate
Dragons Form & Team News
The Dragons put in a massive performance last week against competition heavyweight Parramatta Eels, led by Ben Hunt and Cameron McInnes.
Interim coach Dean Pay will coach his first game as an NRL head coach this weekend, with the club stating the role is his to lose over the final six rounds of the season.
Paul Vaughen has been recalled following his enforced two-week quarantine for breaking the NRL COVID bubble rules, replacing Tristan Sailor on the bench.
The Dragons team list for Friday can be found below:
1. Matthew Dufty 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Euan Aitken 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Ben Hunt 10. Josh Kerr 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tyrell Fuimaono 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Jacob Host 15. Kaide Ellis 16. Korbin Sims 17. Paul Vaughan
Broncos vs Dragons Head To Head
The Broncos have won 23 of 40 meetings against the Dragons, however, St George have had the wood over the Broncos winning their last three meetings.
The Broncos and Dragons haven’t faced each other yet in 2020, with a Corey Norman field goal sealing a 25-24 victory for the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium in their latest battle last year.
Broncos vs Dragons Betting Odds
The Dragons are short $1.28 favourites for a side that has won only four games all season. That is because the Broncos are on a long losing run, with Brisbane $3.75 to snap it in this game. The line has been set at -10.5 for the Dragons.
Broncos vs Dragons Match Up
Katoni Staggs and Zac Lomax may play on opposite sides of the field, but both young guns have been shining lights in tough years for their respective sides. Attacking centres with a strong running game and the skills to match, Staggs and Lomax are key attacking targets for their respective sides.
Both have enjoyed a fantastic season to date, and with a possible State Of Origin berth at stake for either player, whoever is able to stamp their dominance on the game will hold the key to their side's chances.
Broncos vs Dragons Key Stats
- The Dragons have won the last three matches against the Broncos.
- The Broncos have won one of their last 12 matches since the season resumption.
- The Broncos have the worst attack and defence in the league
- The Broncos' for and against record of -251 is 103 points worse than the last placed Bulldogs.
Broncos vs Dragons FAQs
Can I watch a Broncos vs Dragons live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Broncos vs Dragons live stream online.
Where is Broncos vs Dragons taking place?
Broncos vs Dragons is being played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, QLD.
What time does Broncos vs Dragons start?
Broncos vs Dragons is being played at 7.55pm AEST on Friday 21 August 2020.