Racing punter lands $56,000 from a $10 multi
- A horse racing punter lands a big multi
- The four-leg multibet paid more than $56,000 for a $10 bet
- The bet was placed by a TAB customer
Defibrillate was the final leg of the winning multibet (Getty Images)
A racing punter landed a extra special Christmas present when landing more than $56,000 from a $10 multibet across Boxing Day racing.
The punter collected over $56,000 from a four-leg racing multi involving three meetings.
The TAB customer in question pocketed $56,108.50 from a $10 multi at odds of $5610.85 on these races:
- Bowery Breeze to win Race 3 at Randwick - $4.60
- Symphonette to win Race 6 at Morphettville - $3.50
- All Time Legend to win Race 7 at Randwick - $8.50
- Defibrillate to win Race 8 at Caulfield - $41
“As 2020 draws to a close, this TAB customer has put their hand up for one of the most audacious multis to be collected this year,” TAB’s Trent Langskaill said.
“Even though they were not raging odds-on favourites, the first three winning legs of this multi were secured in relatively comfortable fashion with each galloper saluting by at least one length.
“The last leg required the Patrick Payne-trained Defibrillate to win the Lord Stakes at odds of $41 and it was only his second start in the last twelve months.”