Race 1 - 12:05PM TAB HIGHWAY CLASS 3 HANDICAP Tips (1200 METRES)
They don't get much more honest than 7. ART CADEAU who beat a useful country galloper in Exotic Deal on debut and has followed that with five consecutive runner-up finishes and last campaign, was beaten only 1.2 lengths combined from four attempts which included two Highway appearances.
He was slow out of the small field when resuming at Kembla Grange, which isn't common for this gelding and in what was just a dash home over the 1000m, did as well he could to grab second. Provincial level back to Highway grade is always worth respecting and with a cleaner getaway, can give a good sight up front.
6. Monica's Star is putting together a tidy record with three wins and three placings so far from her six starts to date which included a return victory on October 9. Although very well in after the 3kg claim, the map is a query from a wide gate and her worst performance did come on a Heavy track.
The kinder draw for 4. Depth That Varies
gives him a chance to bounce back third-up albeit he generally does get back early irrespective whilst 12. Denman Unlimited
is much more talented than her price suggests ($41.00 @ bet365
). Can be hit or miss but was sound fresh at the Provincials and was runner-up to a subsequent listed winner in Shalwa only four starts back.
Race 2 - 12:40PM SCHWEPPES HANDICAP Tips (1400 METRES)
1. ENCHANTED HEART holds winning form when she finds it (her prior four wins were a pair of back-to-back victories) and following a rather soft third-up victory on the Kensington circuit, does look well placed to continue that trend here where she only goes up one kilo in the same grade.
What is more noteworthy is that two of her three starts on heavy tracks have resulted in comfortable wins with her only miss coming via the $400,000 Provincial Championships Final back in the autumn where she was set too big a task from the rear but was heavily supported ($17.00-$9.00).
Although coming straight from midweek Maiden company is a decent leap, 10. Ellsberg is a galloper with a future and dropping a whopping 5.5kg for his trouble, should be there for a long way. He recorded a similar time to the 1300m Benchmark 72 on that program which is impressive for a debut effort.
2. Xanthus arguably should've won fresh and although one-paced second-up, the 1400m now should suit but the heavy track is a big query as it is with 9. Perfect Radiance who resumed with a Provincial win. This daughter of Snitzel has a stack of talent but was beaten five lengths in her only attempt on wet ground where she also over-raced.
Race 3 - 1:20PM TRESEMME HANDICAP Tips (1200 METRES)
Godolphin five-year-old 1. SEGALAS is no world beater but is a very honest performer and back to a Benchmark 78 against her own sex following a forgivable return at Canterbury in September, she's superbly placed with the 3kg claim of inform apprentice Tom Sherry.
The form from that event reads very well with Black Magnum beating The Bopper (Listed winner last Saturday), Switched winning her next outing and the winner Chat is well in the market for Sunday's $200,000 Goulburn Cup. Segalas has only finished outside the top three once in 10 starts on soft or heavy tracks and does look to find her race here.
2. Intrepidacious put in a career best performance when leading throughout to score fresh at Warwick Farm. The wide alley here in a race with more pressure drawn inside of her is the knock but the penny may have finally dropped now.
The price ($16.20 Sportsbetting
) for 10. Bring The Ransom
does look a little large large given she won fresh on a heavy track last time in and her two most recent trials have been excellent whilst stablemate 8. Miss Einstein
did burn punters over the late autumn, she was thereabouts the whole time and won on a Heavy 10 by nearly seven lengths last spring.
Race 4 - 2:00PM FUJITSU GENERAL HANDICAP Tips (1900 METRES)
After being a hard one to catch early days, 5. KIRWAN'S LANE has developed into a very consistent galloper with three wins from his last four outings and was unlucky not have added another one when racing in restricted room for a midfield finish over this track and trip back in June.
The son of Charm Spirit rounded them up with ease on October 14 and triumphed in his one heavy track start by a big margin earlier in the year. Providing they can run on from out wide on this Rosehill circuit, then there's no reason why he can't continue the picket fence as a proven weight carrier on wet ground.
11. Archanna is a three-quarter sister to the Autumn Sun and although she had every chance on October 10, the testing conditions could be to her advantage given the brilliant debut victory on a Heavy 8 back in April.
Chris Waller is represented further by 10. Relucent
who finished next to Archanna in that outing and 3. Across Dubai
who is the top three or four mix at a big price ($27.00 via Sportsbet
) given his strong finish behind Kirwan's Lane albeit it's hard to see him turning the tables on that winner even with a little weight swing in his favour.
Race 5 - 2:40PM RENDR DELIVERY SPRINT Tips (1100 METRES)
The Maher & Eustace-trained 12. MACROURA returns for her second campaign after recording a hat-trick of victories to start her career and despite going around as a well-respected $7 chance in the Group One JJ Atkins, had come to the end of her preparation despite still finishing seventh of 18.
She was coming off wet tracks and onto a Good 3 that day whilst she resumes here on a heavy track with just 54.5kg on her back courtesy of the three-year-old fillies' allowance. Macroura has trialled up twice, which included a sharp piece of work behind the smart Written Beauty and whilst her opposition are more seasoned, she might just simply be better than this lot.
9. Plaquette made our blackbook file following some slick late splits to just miss on October 10 where the drop in trip was against her. Has clearly been more effective on the top of the ground to date which is the knock as otherwise she'd have probably gone on top here.
Although holding form deeper into his work has been a surprise for 1. Black Magnum, he's proving to a very consistent sprinter and he defeated a last start Listed winner in The Bopper on October 5. He warrants respect as does 3. Irish Songs who's much better placed back to this level third-up.
Race 6 - 3:25PM KYPREOS GROUP ROSEHILL GOLD CUP Tips (2000 METRES)
The Rosehill Gold Cup Cup is a very open way to start Saturday's quaddie with many highly exposed acceptances still hanging around for some late spring riches versus some that seemingly still have upside left.
One that is projecting to peak now stepping to 2000m at her fourth run in is 10. NIMALEE. She's still a big query at this sort of level although the third at Group Three level behind Emeralds and Greysful Glamour isn't the worst reference. The daughter of So You Think has been kept up the mark with a strong recent trial and from barrier two, should get every chance from a forward position.
13. She's Ideel only has the 13 starts to her name but has much class as any of her opposition and only the slow tempo beat her in the St Leger. The barrier is again bad but if there's petrol in the tank coming back from a 2600m tilt which was on a short turnaround, then she's the one to beat with even luck.
Another that could put in a peak performance is 9. House Of Cartier who is searching for the ten furlongs now and although 3. Wu Gok looks massively under the odds off some terrible recent efforts, he's in the calculations purely because of the wet track.
Race 7 - 4:10PM YES YES YES STAKES Tips (1300 METRES)
There's little doubt that 1. GYTRASH is the best horse in this race (arguably the best sprinter in Australia too with Classique Legend now gone) and although no match for a brilliant winner in The Everest, showed his customary fight to grab yet another feature podium finish.
Given a hard run 1200m has been a slight query in recent times, that issue seemingly presents itself further at 1300m albeit you're doing well to find something that jumps off the page to beat him in this line-up. His best performance at six furlongs was on a Soft 7 with 59kg which resulted in an easy victory. He looks the obvious and that might just prove to be the case.
Off a slashing fresh effort behind Libetini and The Everest winner; Classique Legend, 8. Deprive
did look a look a good thing in the Sydney Stakes and although not disgraced in a two-length defeat, the performance was below expectations. He can improve with a faster tempo and represents value in the field ($13.00 @ bet365
Include the honest 5. Wild Planet as an exotics chance along with 4. Imaging whose early spring form has him in the mix.
Race 8 - 4:50PM IRON JACK GOLDEN EAGLE Tips (1500 METRES)
The early favourite a long way out from the 2020 Golden Eagle was 1. ALLIGATOR BLOOD who with this $7.5 million target in mind, hasn't done much wrong this time in with a big closing effort fresh and beat all bar Flit in the Silver Eagle lead-up where he was a month between runs, so expect him to strip much fitter.
He's double his true price due to the heavy conditions which admittedly, is a complete unknown but he is $7 for the risk in a feature where a peak run is otherwise predicted and is the galloper with the best credentials. The wet track has now brought more opposition into calculations, but as it stands, he's still the one to beat.
4. Dawn Passage is a galloper that's seemingly forgotten about. He was at the end of his preparation when trying to back-up as the well supported Group One Stradbroke favourite only two starts ago. After making a wide run in the Silver Eagle fresh, he only peaked on that effort late.
On the back-up and off some slick sectionals last week on a heavy track, 18. Icebath now has claims as does the very classy Godolphin mare 13. Colette who's been heavily supported now finding more favourable conditions under foot. Wetter the better for those mares.
Race 9 - 5:25PM QUAYCLEAN HANDICAP Tips (1400 METRES)
In an open event to end Saturday's Rosehill program, the Team Hawkes-trained 13. SURREAL STEP is capable of bouncing under more suitable conditions following a fresh tilt in The Silver Eagle where he may have just run his race before it all started after playing up in the gates.
Still got to take him on trust although was beaten under three lengths despite being the last across the line and in a race without much speed on paper, he can land straight there from barrier one. All winning form for this four-year-old has come on either soft or heavy tracks.
Looking to land outside of him early from out wide or potentially even cross will be Ryan Maloney aboard 6. Fender. His last start effort in the Kosciuszko was plain but there's less pressure here and he's undefeated on wet ground. He looks to get every chance on the map.
3. Dancing Gidget has again drawn poor but did run the best last 200m and 600m in a leader dominated race a fortnight back. Is well in this with some luck early whilst 5. Stockman was only just shaded for his last 600m in that same event. The son of Tavistock ideally needs much further than 1400m but the testing nature of this track may just give him a sniff.