Race 1 - 12.10pm IVE > Print Handicap Tips
5. HELL HOUND looks a very good horse in the making after what was a barnstorming first-up win at Terang when very green down the straight. That win rated 10-lengths above standard which indicates we could be dealing with one of the most promising two-year-olds in the country here. Best bet of the day.
1. Port Albert was solid on debut behind Cannonball in a listed race at Caulfield where experience came to the fore. Nick Ryan is flying and you just cannot pen his horses.
8. Royal Invader is bred for speed and did win a Stawell jumpout. Aggressive placement is key.
6. Colorado Cruz is another debutant who jumped out well enough to warrant respect.
Race 2 - 12.45pm Tobin Brothers Celebrating Lives Handicap Tips
7. THE NEPHEW finished second to the SA Derby fav last start in Detonator Jack over 2100m and the 2400m looks ideal. Prime Thoroughbreds have had their horses flying of late and although he is not the type that jumps off the page as the winner, he looks a proper stayer that can attack the line, with a touch of brilliance in this company.
9. Witchachar Star recorded a strong placing behind Point Nepean and Through Irish Eyes last start at Caulfield which looks well and truly good enough form for this. Does he have the brilliance of the favourite?
5. Agnelli loves to run an honest race as he did again last week to fill third spot. Expect another honest placing.
3. Harmysian was not far from them in the Point Nepean race last start after making the pace.
Race 3 - 1.20pm Ladbroke It! Handicap Tips
13. GREY WHISPER is a very consistent four-year-old and is the one I would love to back each-way at the price. She is adaptable on all surfaces so whatever this track throws up she is going to handle. The stable are not going to take her to town for no reason and while an open affair, this doesn't look out of reach.
7. Governor Landy did enough last week to finish less than two-lengths from the winner in much stronger company last week. No shock to see him win this.
12. Skywolf got the job done first-up off a long break, but now the task is to go on and repeat the effort, hopefully not putting in a flat one.
1. Jucconi is hard to knock given he is three from four, but there are better bets at the price today.
Race 4 - 1.55pm Ladbrokes Split Multis Handicap Tips
3. OCEAN MISS is three from three first-up and there's no reason as to why that cannot continue here. She looks to have returned well with two jumpouts under the belt, winning the last one on soft ground at Pakenham. She loves the sting out of the track and that is exactly what she gets here. Should head the market.
7. Cirrina comes from the firing Moroney yard which can't do a thing wrong at the moment. Happy to forget last start where the backmarkers were best suited in a very strong race.
9. Commands The Field put an overdue win on the board last start, although it was a bunched finish which is slightly concerning.
1. Agreeable has always had the class to win a nice race, but does tend to find one or two better.
Ocean Miss - $6.50Sandown Race FourBET HERE
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Race 5 - 2.30pm Senet Gambling Law Experts Handicap Tips
3. LEMPICKA was looking for more ground last start at Caulfield and gets that here over 1300m. The first-up win was very impressive and she backed that up with a good second. Fourth-up in the prep now, trainer Ken Keys will be hoping for a big effort from a filly that he rates very highly in his stable.
6. Paper Dragon is a silly price here. Although she comes up in class quickly, she has won her last two starts quite well, beating some tough horses at Swan Hill last time.
1. Literary Magnate finished off last prep with a fourth placing in the Thousand Guineas which reads very well for this, but she needs further than 1300m against these.
12. Allegretta won like a good horse first-up last time in but it may have been too much in town subsequently. Has trialled up well.
Race 6 - 3.10pm Behind The Barriers "Boxing Challenge" 14/5 Tips
9. DESTINATION looks a nice each-way price here, coming into the race third-up and in weaker company than what he faced last start. The Godolphin gelding made good ground last time and was eye-catching first-up. Back to 1000m looks the key in what is going to be a strongly run race.
7. Sacred Palace put a deserved win on the board last time and may be the one to quickly build wins into his prep. Has a stack of talent.
3. Zorro's Dream loves to run a big race without winning. He's too short to have my cash in what is a strong race.
4. Sir Kalahad is a chance if the heavens open and this track chops out quickly.
Race 7 - 3.50pm Tile Importer Handicap Tips
2. BELLE SAVOIR is a filly that I have a big opinion of, winning like a proper metro horse first-up and getting flattened at a crucial stage last start at Caulfield. Not sure she would have won as she was that tad flat, but I like the way she did not give up the chase to the line. She has had a tick-over jumpout so fitness is no query.
12. Tahlequah was huge first-up and put them away second-up in maiden grade. The form ties in with Flash Feeling who is the clear second market elect.
7. Flash Feeling has been great this campaign, a little stiff not to win last time when in some restricted room (although there were many hard luck stories).
7. Carlisle is fit and will make his own luck in front after beating the older horses last start. Each-way if you are looking for one at a price.
Race 8 - 4.25pm Ladbrokes Anniversary Vase Tips
With up to 35mm due between Friday and Saturday, we are going to be playing on a rain effected track which is exactly what 1. BUFFALO RIVER needs to show his best form. He has won two tune-up trials leading up to this event and has finished in the top two five times from seven first-up events. Clearly the class horse in the race.
5. Regardsmaree would be my top selection on slightly firmer ground, but this predicted rain makes me nervous. His best form has been on top of the ground and that is the reason he has only seen five rain effected tracks over 26 starts.
12. Beaufort Park hit the line super again last week in weaker grade, although the race rated okay. The predicted rain probably helps bring him into the event but I wish this was over a mile to see his best.
8. Thought Of That resumes who will run an honest race, looking for more ground as the prep unfolds.
Race 9 - 4.55pm Thoroughbred Club Handicap Tips
5. LYRICAL LAD was solid first-up at Sandown behind Hosier which is a brilliant form reference. He loves rain effected the ground and I am counting on the fact that they will be getting their toe right in by this time of the day. Ben Allen hops back aboard who has a great affiliation with him with two wins and a placing from six goes.
Looking back at the run, 4. Kinane looks to be finding some form after hitting the line well in a strong race fresh. Was Caulfield Cup favourite a couple of years ago, but he fell away pretty quick. Bouncing back?
6. Sir Davvy has drawn the carpark but gets back anyway so that is not too much of a negative. Love his turn of foot but he is going to have to be very good to win in a field of this size.
8. Basarwa is as honest as the day is long, finishing a great second placing last time at Mornington.