- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
Sandown Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for September 25
- Sandown hosts Underwood Stakes Day on Saturday
- The track is rated a Good 4 with up to 5mm of rain due before race day
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for September 25
Sandown hosts a Group One meeting on Saturday. (Getty)
Sandown hosts a nine race program on September 25 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Sandown Tips for September 25
- Race 1 - 12.10pm Tobin Brothers Celebrating Lives Handicap Tips
- Race 2 - 12.45pm IVE > Print Handicap Tips
- Race 3 - 1.20pm Tile Importer Handicap Tips
- Race 4 - 1.55pm Jim Moloney Stakes Tips
- Race 5 - 2.30pm Ladbrokes Sandown Stakes Tips
- Race 6 - 3.05pm The Big Screen Company Handicap Tips
- Race 7 - 3.45pm Quayclean Underwood Stakes Tips
- Race 8 - 4.25pm BECK Probuild Testa Rossa Stakes Tips
- Race 9 - 5.05pm Evergreen Turf Handicap Tips
- Sandown FAQs
Our Sandown best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Sandown Tips for September 25
Race 1 - 12.10pm Tobin Brothers Celebrating Lives Handicap Tips
7. DIAMONDS INTHE SKY looks a good play in this race with a mad speed expected in front, where this girl is hard fit and can camp right on the leaders heels. Although this is a stronger than what she faced last start, a two length fifth to Probabeel two starts back reads well for a race of this nature. Brett Prebble takes the mount who is a main riding with confidence.
4. Esta La Roca comes back from facing the likes of The Inferno last start who contest Friday night's Moir Stakes to benchmark level, so she looks well placed. My negative is that she is going to have to be very fast and very tough, while I can see her and Twist Of Fury cutting at each other in front.
3. How Womantic comes into the race first-up so may be left vulnerable if they go quick, but she does have the class to win if wound up.
5. Twist Of Fury will be in front half-way down the straight, but expect her to get swamped late in the piece.
Race 2 - 12.45pm IVE > Print Handicap Tips
12. SIRILEO MISS looks well placed after a dominant win first-up where all she needed was a push button turn of foot to take an opening, putting her rivals to the sword. Having drawn barrier four, she is going to get exactly the same run once again, just need that ounce of luck to pounce on any gap that arises and then explode through the middle.
18. Cambourne was second to our top selection, but I do feel he had every chance of beating her. He does get a 2.5kg weight swing, but could he be a horse that is a touch overhyped after looking a star early?
11. Legend Of Zorro ran well first-up at Swan Hill in a deep race, but does always improve second-up having yet to miss the top two. Expect a competitive performance.
6. Milton Park won well at Cranbourne last start, and the 1400m is right in his swinging zone.
Race 3 - 1.20pm Tile Importer Handicap Tips
7. TAUNTING pulled up lame last start after some heavy support at Moonee Valley. He has shown immense talent to date when winning in Adelaide, and Michael Hickmott has openly said that this is the best horse he has ever trained. If he has come back 100% fit, then he'll take a whole lot of beating.
2. Sandy Prince ran super off a hectic tempo, only beaten by a VRC Derby contender who relished the speed in front. If he can bounce back off that massive effort, he is the one they need to catch.
3. Linas Legend was backed as if unbeatable last start and won accordingly, but has opened up quite short in a quality field.
10. Extreme Flight will be suited to racing at Sandown with his get back and run on racing pattern, but he just needs to now prove himself in this grade.
Race 4 - 1.55pm Jim Moloney Stakes Tips
2. ZOUZARELLA now faces her new test of 1400m, although she has always looked a miler winning over 1200m. If she improves off the last run and does run the trip, she will be very hard to beat at this track where she can build into her race and launch down the outside.
3. Mac 'N' Cheese is the filly that can beat her up to 1400m, but I was hoping that these two would not clash again until the mile of the Thousand Guineas. Zouzarella may just have an edge now, but this filly packs one powerful finish and will go with her for a long way.
8. Fortunate Kiss was second behind Lina's Legend last start, but does bump into the top two selections of the Thousand Guineas here.
5. Literary Magnate finished third in the Atlantic Jewel Stakes but there looks more improvement in the top two fillies than this one.
Race 5 - 2.30pm Ladbrokes Sandown Stakes Tips
4. ROMANCER was luckless in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes last week, finishing just over four lengths from the winner. That was just a track gallop so on the week back-up he looks well suited and now up to 1500m. The early sprints he was racing in have really hardened him up and sparked some new life into him, seemingly wanting to win races again. He is the clear value in the race,
2. Elephant fell a trunk short in the Feehan Stakes behind Superstorm, where he had Sierra Sue behind who came out to win the Rupert Clarke along with Nonconformist who was also a winner last week. This looks a nice race for him now.
6. Cherry Tortoni was huge first-up and is yet to miss the top two when second-up. Is he ready to be peaking now or possibly in a Group One mile in the coming weeks?
3. Harbour Views shocked many first-up with a big win over Cherry Tortoni and Ayrton. He needs a repeat performance but has always had great talent.
Race 6 - 3.05pm The Big Screen Company Handicap Tips
1. DR DRILL was enormous at Moonee Valley last start when wide for the entirety of the trip, running third to the very smart Degraves and Heart Of Puissance, an arguably stronger race than this. Josh Richards has not been in as good of form of late as what we saw a month ago, but he takes 3kg of this boy's back, making him very hard to beat.
9. Don't Doubt Dory hugged the rails last start and won well at Moonee Valley. He will get another similar run here and prove one of the major players.
5. Floating Artist has won his last two starts, the latest riding the pace and kicking clear of the late charging Defibrillate.
7. Skyman was ridden more forward last start but that did not seem to work, so expect a quieter ride and maybe even a better result.
Race 7 - 3.45pm Quayclean Underwood Stakes Tips
It is the 2. ZAAKI show on Saturday, but he is not a betting prospect at $1.30. He was dominant first-up in the Tramway and he is the deserved Cox Plate favourite from that effort. The small field plays into his hands with his turn of foot, with only getting boxed in (which won't happen) the only thing that can beat him. Group One win number two is at his mercy on his way to the $5M feature.
5. Probabeel is probably the best horse he has ever faced, being a three-time Group One winner and one of the best mares in Australia. She is the one who can take it up to Zaaki if for some reason he is not as good as we think.
4. Superstorm won the Feehan Stakes well but takes on two top-liners here. I will be cheering for him for my pocket from a futures bet, but I doubt he can win.
3. The Chosen One attacked the line beautifully in the Feehan Stakes and will be even more suited once he reached a mile and a half.
Race 8 - 4.25pm BECK Probuild Testa Rossa Stakes Tips
6. CHAILLOT is unbeaten in three starts first-up and is expected to go well once again after two trials under the belt. She carries just 54kg with the only little query being barrier two and where exactly she ends up in running. We know she packs a powerful finish, and given clear air she is going to be hard to hold out.
7. Lord Vladivostock was in a ripping vein of form before his break, and there is no reason why he cannot return a winner with a forward racing pattern.
1. So Si Bon returns for yet another prep and will give his backers a sight. He is two time winner and two time place getter from 10 first-up attempts.
3. Ironclad was as flat as a tack on resumption in Adelaide, but did pull up with excuses. He jumps up against some better horses off a flat run which does concern me a little.
Race 9 - 5.05pm Evergreen Turf Handicap Tips
11. FLEXIBLE could map to win this race from barrier four, spending no fuel to take the one out one back position. She held off a smart one in Fillies and Mares 78 class last start and will be greatly improved second-up and up to 1800m. She was less than two lengths away from Duais in an Adrain Knox which is ripping form for this. Best bet of the day.
8. Thought Of That is the second hope in the race who will go forward and prove hard to catch. He just will need to work across from the wide gate and likely roll along in front, which may just leave him a sitting duck for Flexible.
3. Aussie Nugget closed off his race at Moonee Valley last start with intent, but barrier one for a backmarker does zero favours.
15. Hasseltoff will get back and run on as always, but will be giving some good chances a big head start.
What time is the first race at Sandown on Saturday?
The first race at Sandown jumps at 12.10pm.
Who is the best bet at Sandown?
We are siding with Flexible as the best bet at Sandown.
How can I live stream the Sandown races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Sandown races.
Flexible and Sirileo Miss will run as our best bets of the day.
Romancer will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Flexible To Win $3.10 at Sportsbet - 4 Units
Next Best Bet: Sirileo Miss To Win $5.50 at TAB - 4 Units
Value Bet: Romancer Each Way $11.00 at Neds - 2 Units