- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Sandown Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for June 12
- Sandown hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track will race in the soft to heavy range
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview.
Sandown hosts nine races on Saturday (Getty)
Sandown hosts a nine race program on June 12 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Sandown best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Sandown Tips for June 12
Race 1 - 11.40am Clanbrooke Racing Handicap Tips
5. RANVEER started favourite down the straight last prep, only to be beaten by Profiteer who started favourite in a Golden Slipper. That performance and the spruik on him holds a lot of merit in this race where he takes on another spruiked horse with a win on the board.
2. Hurtle is that horse, winning on debut by nearly six lengths on the synthetic, running his opposition into the ground. Horses coming off synthetic wins coming into the city have a great strike rate and it would be no shock to see him win again.
1. Mimosas has a great turn of foot as he showed in his Flemington when ducking and diving off of heels. Looking forward to seeing him over a little further than the 1000m.
10. Vinlago was not far of Mimosas two starts back but was a little flat last start. At $81, he can be thrown into exotics.
Race 2 - 12.15pm Tile Importer Handicap Tips
With most of the main chances drawn wide, we will be sticking with the one that isn't and that is 14. MR MOOJ. He ran home well second-up over 1800m at this track and will appreciate the mile and a half journey here. Will Price's claim takes him down to 52.5kg, and with a good gate he can settle probably in the box seat.
9. Carrie draws wide but loves sting out of the ground. She was a good winner last start and generally holds form once found,
15. Shakespeare was an eye-catcher last start when getting a long way back and surging to the line, only just missing an all the way winner. 2400m is a tick, but the wide gate is a cross.
6. Jayrod Too will likely try and cross to lead, but will have to work from the wide gate. Queen Jamie Kah is on.
Race 3 - 12.50pm Ladbrokes Split Handicap Tips
5. QUIETLY DISCREET has the synthetic to city form that we look for after bolting in last start by three lengths. The Stokes stable are currently on the crest of a wave, but the only worry for this girl is the wet track as she is yet to show much when give is out of the ground.
1. Diamonds is so consistent and ran into some very smart horses last time out when looking the winner half-way down the straight. Gemma Reilly has this girl flying and we do not want to be jumping off of her.
10. Retrovailles will appreciate a wet track after winning on debut by four lengths at Geelong in sticky conditions. She has come up short, but there is no doubting that there is a motor under the bonnet.
4. Sensationalisation was well at Warrnambool two back before not quite reaching the mark in the Inglis Guineas. Wet track is no negative.
Race 4 - 1.25pm Ladbrokes Handicap Tips
3. PARMIE enjoys the sting out of the ground and is always a better horse second and third-up from a spell. She was good first-up in a strong race behind Plaquette and now comes back in grade for this assignment.
13. Tan Tat Harmony is a swimmer and will be hoping for a heavy deck. She was very good first-up at Caulfield but was not far away last start in the Plaquette race. This is the form line I feel is going to come to the fore in this event.
14. November Dreaming needs it wet to show her best which she has not shown this prep. There is ability there, but it is a matter of whether she wants to be there on the day.
1. Why Choose Her was great first-up in the Plaquette race and is another who enjoys soft conditions.
Race 5 - 2.05pm Ladbrokes Bet Ticker Handicap Tips
1. DR DRILL was very good, almost pinching the R A Lee Stakes in Adelaide last start over the mile, only beaten by an in-form galloper from the Michael Hickmott yard. He is yet to miss the top two over this trip in four starts and gets in well at the weights with the claim of Matt Cartwright.
5. Bedford is very short although does enjoy wet ground. He ran well behind Yonkers last start who is in a great vein of form, while he is also a two-time winner third-up so he has to be given a big chance.
9. Spring Choice won well here five weeks ago and has been freshened up, although you would hope he has been kept right up to the mark to run the trip out strong.
8. No Effort is very honest and is expected to finish in the top four or five as she regularly does.
Race 6 - 2.45pm Ladbrokes Cash In Handicap Tips
16. LA CHEVALEE is a great wet tracker and has produced two good runs this prep, now coming into her prep third-up and at her top. She draws favourably in gate six and gets Michael Poy back aboard who has ridden her four times for two wins and a second. The horse she ran second to last start, Kurabui, would trounce this lot so this girl will go down as the best bet of the day.
15. Prince Of Helena looks to be on the quick back-up after a win on Monday where he proved too classy. Something to note is that he is going from a synthetic win to the city.
10. Ocean Miss draws wide and is always a horse who needs luck. Had she got that luck last start, she wins, but it is hard to take such a short price about a horse who can strike trouble.
7. Tooradin has won both starts this time in and looks to be living up to some potential that he has promised. This is tougher than what he has faced, but it would be no shock to see him rise to the occasion again.
Race 7 - 3.25pm Ladbrokes Blended Multi Handicap Tips
7. FIELD OF ROSES could be a roughie to back in this, last start finishing fourth behind Riot And Rose, beating home Seb Song who is the favourite in this event. She is going to settle back and spend no fuel, hopefully getting to the outside and close off well. She has form around most of these horses from her last two starts, so she has to be given a chance being beaten only one length two back and beating the favourite home last start.
6. Standoff comes from Flemington where she beat subsequent winner Snickerdoodledandy in what was a good effort. Her best form is at Flemington but the win last start held so much merit.
3. Seb Song wants the give out of the ground and gets that here. Expect a showing that represents market expectations this time.
9. Sarodec loves the wet ground but just got caught in a slow lane at Cranbourne last start. Back to the mile and expect him to roll in front at a juicy price.
Race 8 - Ladbroke It! Handicap Tips
At bolter's odds, I am giving the old boy 16. KALASHANI LAD a big show second-up and on a rain effected Sandown, his perfect conditions. He was not beaten far first-up with a big weight, but has been much better with a little less weight on his back. This is not the easiest of 84 races, but with Dean Yendall aboard, up in trip and a likely heavy track, we are going to see the best of him today and he is worth a spec at $61.
10. Segalas has been state jumping, running just over four lengths from Lost And Running two back before failing to fire at Doomben last start. A wet track is much to her liking.
8. Corner Pocket is in a great vein of form, winning all three starts this time around. My only doubt with him is a very sticky track and a wide gate.
2. Defiant Dancer is running well without winning, so expecting something similar again here.
Race 9 - 4.35pm Ladbrokes Punter Assist Handicap Tips
14. EXPRESS PASS was great first-up and looks to have found the right race with just 51kg on his back thanks to the valuable claim of Matt Cartwright. He is a second-up winner and enjoys the soft ground, so we have another two ticks for him here. From barrier four, expect him to drop out as usual and look to swing wide, hopefully storming right over the top of them.
12. Zipping Boy has won two on the bounce and has clear ability with five wins from eight starts. He goes up a cog here but has tactical speed to be the one to catch.
6. All Too Royal is the class of the race but just did not show up last prep. He is a four time winner when first-up so he can't be discounted at a nice price.
7. Bless Her did enough first-up behind Sartorial Splendor and will benefit greatly from that outing.
What time is the first race at Sandown?
The first race at Sandown jumps at 11.40am.
Who is the best bet at Sandown?
We are siding with La Chevalee as the best bet at Sandown.
How can I live stream the Sandown races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Sandown races.
La Chevalee and Express Pass will run as our two best bets of the day.
Kalashani Lad is the clear value bet.
Best Bet: La Chevalee To Win @380.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Express Pass To Win @360.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 8 Units
Value Bet: Kalashani Lad Each-Way @6000.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit