Race 1 - 12:20PM The Agency Real Estate Handicap Tips (1300m)
5. KIR ROYALE is aiming for a winning hat-trick and while it appeared a moderate BM64 field at Canterbury, the time stacked up well for that December 17 card. Down in the weights here, she should roll across and land outside of Titanium Power early, with the main query here being the soft track.
1. I Say Hello brings the best form, being edged out fresh by Lady Of Luxury, a brilliant Gold Coast winner last week. Was group placed last autumn, but the subsequent Soft 7 effort was poor.
2. Titanium Power is hard fit, in form and the likely leader. Bounced back at Warwick Farm on January 5, albeit that was handed to him on a platter.
6. Kanazawa was brilliant on debut, then plain at start two. Was he ridden a little warm or was that an end of prep run?
Race 2 - 12:55PM Davali Handicap Tips (1100m)
3. METALLICITY is a half-brother to dual group-winning juvenile Catch Me and this colt has been super impressive via both lead-up trials. After reeling his rivals in easily in the fastest two-year-old trial on the December 21 set, he was equally as impressive at Rosehill, again in strong time for that class.
1. Flashing Steel chased strongly to win a Warwick Farm heat on January 10, which was contested on a Soft 7. He looks likely to get back from a wide draw and try to blend in late in the piece.
2. Frozen Prince improved greatly from a September hit-out to the December 30 trial, which has been common of late with these Portelli juveniles.
5. Northern Beaches was a $1 million dollar yearling and travelled sweetly in his sole trial before the handbrake was applied.
Race 3 - 1:30PM TAB Highway Handicap Tips (1500m)
14. MORGENSTERN was never in contention second-up, but with the blinkers on and plummeting in the weights with the 3kg claim, could be a big improver from a better draw. He launched off a strong speed to win fresh and was consistent through his last prep, handling most conditions in the process.
4. Banju backed up a brave second-up run to salute in the January 1 Highway, where he was again wide, but still managed to pull away late. That's tougher to achieve at Rosehill, however.
6. King's Trust is a regular Highway competitor and is generally thereabouts with the right run. Can he take advantage of the kinder draw?
3. Absolute Trust goes 1350m to 1500m with a month between runs, but had a tick-over trial. His provincial return was solid.
Race 4 - 2:05PM Midway Handicap Tips (1200m)
6. SKY COMMAND resumes, a filly that ate up the wet tracks in her first campaign when giving Sneaky Paige and Dragonstone windburn, while the two trials ahead of this have been strong. With just 55kg and a perfect draw, she needs to be winning this Midway level if stakes grade is on the agenda.
10. Evening Bride is flying for Edward Cummings, resuming off a long break to record two stylish wins this prep and respecting the Josh Parr engagement, as he was riding Saquon through the spring.
4. Osamu has whacked away in both Summer outings and off an average lead-up trial, he may have just needed the racing. He strips fitter again.
2. Saquon has talent, while he's suited back in distance and on soft ground. Their tactics can be hit or miss with him though.
Race 5 - 2:40PM Hyland Race Colours Handicap Tips (2000m)
8. SWORD POINT bolted in to win a Canterbury maiden and while just rolled as an odds-on chance in a BM64 following that, it was a rare poor steer by J-Mac, setting the colt far too big a task with 60kg. That winner (Sweet Ruby) is underrated and for the rise in trip/grade, he carries just 52kg on Saturday.
2. Dhakuri is a big, strapping Godolphin gelding and after an inconsistent stretch, has won his last two, going up in the weights as a result for staying in a BM78. He may want it a drier than a Soft 7.
5. Niffler won her first three before rising to this grade, where she's recorded two seconds. Had every chance last week and the 2000m is a query.
1. Amica got a black-type placing in the Belle Of The Turf and while she's one-paced, does bring handy overall form to this.
Race 6 - 3:15PM Acy Securities Handicap Tips (1500m)
3. BLESK always needs a bit of luck with his racing pattern, but he's so honest and in a small field, yet more of a rolling early tempo with For Valour and Caesars Palace pushing across, it may just play into his hands late. Is coming out of BM78's with more depth and gets relief with the Tom Sherry claim.
has to be some chance from the back at long odds ($19.00 @ bet365
), given she likely settles next to the fav. Has won twice in this grade, beating Tricky Gal on a heavy track in the first of those.
8. Speed Legend had his chance on January 1, although gets a good weight swing on For Valour from that and there isn't much between them.
1. For Valour upset Toomuchtobear last start, making it four wins from six starts this campaign. Carries an extra 2.5kg here.
Blesk - $3.90Rosehill Race Sixbet now
18+ only. T&Cs apply. Stay in Control. Gamble Responsibly. Think! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au.
Race 7 - 3:55PM Schweppes Handicap Tips (1100m)
2. THE BOPPER somehow paid $4 in a BM78, looking a near moral on return and despite being tardy away, class prevailed. While they won't want to repeat that route, riding him with a sit could be his go and they have options now irrespective. He's got stakes class ability and is well placed to win again.
5. Mr Mosaic has been kept fresh after dueling with Marway, where he was entitled to tire, but pulled out plenty late. Tycoonist and Wisdom Of Water have come from that December 4 event.
1. Belluci Babe won first-up last prep before a Group 3 third and arguably should've won that. Hasn't prevailed on a wet track, which is the knock.
3. Dream Circle drops sharply in trip, but soft ground suits and he was stakes placed at 1100m in his last Rosehill attempt.
Race 8 - 4:35PM Ranvet Handicap Tips (1350m)
5. SUPER EFFORT looks the each-way play in an open affair. Joining the Ryan & Alexiou yard last winter, he won two of his first three before a runner-up to the handy Brigantine, spotting 7.5kg to that colt in the process. The chasing effort on Boxing Day was sound and soft/heavy ground is no issue.
1. Fashchanel was scratched last Saturday, which was presumably due to the track, but it didn't get as testing as predicted, so they may have missed the boat. This isn't a vintage BM78, however.
4. Mensa Missile gets the blinkers back on and after lumping big weights, is better suited on this scale, as it isn't a strong race for the benchmark.
8. Golden Gorge
brings mostly inferior form, but this is worth a look after the Moruya effort. One of exotics at a big price ($26.00 @ Neds
Race 9 - 5:20PM Rosehill Bowling Club Handicap Tips (1200m)
11. KEY LARGO isn't doing himself any favours at the barriers, but is bursting to win. After a pair of seconds to start the prep, he found nothing but backsides third-up before launching when it was all over and they've dodged the Midway to carry 3kg less in a BM78. Barrier eight is a suitable draw for him.
is a chance at good odds ($16.00 @ Sportsbet
), having saluted comfortably via a BM78 tilt in winter and he generally comes to hand early in his campaigns. Draws well and the recent Rosehill trial was faultless.
10. Fastconi effectively had another barrier trial first-up on New Year's Day over 1000m and can improve sharply at 1200m. Wet track is a plus.
1. Liberty Sun drops from listed grade and is well in with 58kg considering. Had chances at this level prior to that though.
Race 10 - 6:00PM Ned Whisky Handicap Tips (1100m)
1. IRISH ANGEL will get back and likely come wide, which isn't ideal at Rosehill, but wetter the better for this mare, who bolted in via this grade first-up on a Heavy 10. With Switched, Salina Dreaming and Lepreezy drawn out, they should run along here, which will allow Irish Angel to finish off late.
2. Salina Dreaming hasn't trialled since December 7 and has been scratched since then, so the market here is crucial. She's won her last three fresh attempts, beating The Face in the second of those.
6. Steel Diamond goes up in the weights, but gets a gun senior aboard and she chased Lady Of Luxury fresh. I'd love to see them more positive.
10. Star Cherie is short at $5 off modest provincial form last prep, although has upside, as that was only her second prep.