Race 1 - 11:20AM BOWERMANS COMMERCIAL FURNITURE HANDICAP Tips (1400 METRES)
Gelded following a disappointing effort in the Inglis Nursery was 2. VOLCANIC ROCK who had also had the blinkers applied prior to his return on May 22, where he stuck on honestly behind Overmann who was bursting to win a race. He was very workmanlike in his trials, so expecting improvement second-up and the extra 100m is a tick. This is a little easier.
4. SINBA was a brilliant debut winner in fair time for Maiden class when defeating older rivals at Newcastle and although was set a task, had his chance if good enough at Gosford. Blinkers on and back to 1400m, he does have X factor in a field that might lack quality.
We'll get a better gauge on 1. Cape Breton here, a Chris Waller-trained colt who did enough to win on debut at Canterbury. The time for that 1250m victory was poor for that May 26 program, however this isn't all that much harder.
7. Royalzel was unsuited on debut via the tight Wyong circuit over 1100m but bolted in when stepping up to 1300m at Kembla Grange. The blinkers have been applied for start three.
Race 2 - 11:55AM TAB HIGHWAY CLASS 3 HANDICAP Tips (1100 METRES)
Returning with a big win on the Tamworth program was 1. ICE IN VANCOUVER who was excellent in his first campaign, recording comfortable back-to-back victories before a flop in the Kosciuszko but there were genuine excuses post-race (cardiac arrhythmia). Is drawn wide although looks one of the more talented sprinters on the NSW country circuit.
Another with a wide draw is 6. Patino Ruby who after opening favourite, the market didn't want a bar of her in that return, with the 1200m just a bridge too far first-up. Back to 1100m is plus for now and she can improve.
With so much speed engaged n this Highway dash, it could play right into the hands of 10. Foxie La Belle
who is now third-up and a wide gate did her no favours a fortnight ago. Don't mind her as an each-way/exotics hope at a big price ($41.00 @ Sportsbet
3. Nicci Trix draws kinder than most of the on-speed brigade here and freshened-up off a strong Taree win, has won a recent trial by a big margin. She's hard to knock.
Race 3 - 12:30PM BISLEY WORKWEAR HANDICAP Tips (1800 METRES)
The worry for 10. WICKLOW is that he was a little slow away in two otherwise good trials ahead his Australian debut at Newcastle, where he was much classy for Maiden company after sustaining a wide run. That May 18 event has produced a few subsequent winners and this is not a strong city race. Another poor start from gate four is the obvious query.
I have no idea how 13. Always On Show couldn't win a Class 1 two starts back at Mudgee but she improved following that, as easily of the closers in a leader dominated race on May 19. To 1800m, she has to be a good chance off that effort.
3. Caesars Palace
was narrowly defeated by a handy Go Troppo before recording dominant back-to-back victories, the last of those at Provincial level. Draws for another soft run and in form at the right time for this. There's a shade of overs about his current quote ($15.00 @ PlayUp
6. Too Much Caviar bolted in at Newcastle before getting pipped late by Easy Campese on May 19. While he boxed-on fairly and maps well here, there was more merit to the run of Always On Show who is nearly triple the odds here.
Race 4 - 1:05PM FUJITSU GENERAL HANDICAP Tips (1400 METRES)
At a big price in an open race, we'll take the punt on 11. KEY who although was safely held at cricket score odds, recorded the second fastest last 600m of the 1100m Listed Denise's Joy, a trip that's too sharp. Following a three-length debut victory in New Zealand, she followed that with placings at 1400m and then 1600m, the latter being at Group Three level.
Recording back-to-back Provincial victories to start the Autumn, 10. Astero deserves a crack in town and she draws for a soft run throughout from gate two. The form around Titanium Power, who she defeated fresh is starting to stack up okay.
While 5. Tycoonist would ideally want any potential rain to be at a minimum, he's crying out for this seven-furlong trip and although well held behind Gravina last week over 1200m, he was hitting the line late.
isn't far off a peak and gets the winkers on now third-up off a fair effort on the Kensington circuit. She got stronger as her last campaign wore on, defeating Great News in November which does read very well for this at double figure odds ($20.50 @ Sportsbetting
Race 5 - 1:40PM ACY SECURITIES HANDICAP Tips (1200 METRES)
Leaning the way of 6. JAILBREAK at the each-way odds but it's hardly a race to be confident in. A four-year-old that has his races spaced out, he resumed with a narrow win at Canterbury before embarking on Country Championships campaign, but this gelding doesn't get 1400m. Well beaten but sticking on in the Wagga Town Plate, the subsequent trial win was good.
With three runs under his belt, 12. Rammstein does appear somewhat the obvious here with the Blondeau and I Am Power form appearing a little stronger but given the way he mixes his form, I can't trust him enough, especially as favourite.
There was money at big odds for 1. Snowzone fresh and he was okay in that return effort on May 15 despite lacking the turn-of-foot at 1100m. Maybe a run short still but the extra 100m is a tick and this event is no harder (Dream Circle won again last week).
8. Royal Banquet is set to resume, a galloper that won his first four starts, including a winning hat-trick last winter before racing wide throughout on August 8 and was then spelled. Has less convictions than most of these albeit has drawn poorly.
Race 6 - 2:20PM THE AGENCY REAL ESTATE HANDICAP Tips (1500 METRES)
11. ZING may made it interesting had she drawn a gate fresh, given this mare does have the ability to settle closer but she's still rattled home, recording the fastest last 600m/200m of that May 15 event while the daughter of Zoustar had trialled up superbly ahead of that return. Expect her to settle much closer from gate three and any rain would be a plus.
Not sure what to do with 2. Love Tap, a galloper that could well blow this field away on class and off a long spell, it was just a run at Doomben. Fitter, up in trip and given he only had the one trial, could easily improve on Saturday.
Despite just having the one win to her name, there's no doubting 10. Air To Air is talented, however, she does herself no favours with her racing pattern. Now back to Benchmark company for the first time this campaign, she could easily lob in a race of this strength.
5. Great House returns, an import that won by a big margin in his Australian debut and was then a $2.50 favourite when third behind Yonkers and Realm Of Flowers, which certainly needs to be respected in a 78 despite it being a 1500m event.
Race 7 - 3:00PM XXXX WINTER CUP Tips (2400 METRES)
New Zealand visitor 4. THE GOOD FIGHT makes some appeal, especially if the predicted rain arrives. Following a nice return run with victory in the Group Three Roturua Cup, he's absolutely bolted in there despite enduring a wide run. The gelding finished second in his one attempt at Rosehill when spotting 7.5kg to the winner and is clearly a much more seasoned stayer now.
8. Parry Sound is starting to get costly but is still racing consistently and was unlucky not to prevail two starts back before being narrowly denied in the Lord Mayors Cup by the in-form Polly Grey. Ideally, he'd prefer a good track but isn't hopeless on soft going.
Producing the run of that Lord Mayors Cup was 11. Stockman who interestingly backed-up last Saturday in a 78, with the 6.5kg weight pull for No Compromise being the difference there. Hard fit and stays at 2400m, this race does look the target.
I feel 5. Costello
is going better than his price suggests ($21.00 @ bet365
) although he has drawn poorly, The son of Americain was fair fresh in a fast run Hawkesbury Cup before going 1600m-2000m second-up, so there should be more improvement to come.
Race 8 - 3:40PM PRECISE AIR HANDICAP Tips (1800 METRES)
While 12. MUBARIZ is well up in grade, it might just be a case of right place/right time with this Waller-trained gelding who is improving with every start and is facing a lot out of form opposition here. Barrier 10 is potentially a little sticky but he plummets in the weights to 53.5kg off a second-up victory over this track/trip, so there's still upside and he handles any surface.
Kathy O'Hara will have to bite the bullet and push forward on 6. Pandano from a wide draw, who was defeated two starts back as a short favourite in the Provincial Final and didn't have much luck when cluttered up at a key stage in the Scone Cup.
Anything worse than a Soft 5 will be the query with 15. La Grisa, who was the 'sectional star' behind Mubariz on May 22 when rattling home from the rear off little spell. She drops down to 52kg but likely spots them a start.
10. Milkman could be the blowout at bolters odds ($34.00 @ Sportsbet), a gelding that was going terribly before the blinkers were applied prior to his last start at Doomben when getting home third. He was well supported that day ($18-$9).
Race 9 - 4:20PM ROSEHILL BOWLING CLUB HANDICAP Tips (1200 METRES)
Working her way through the grades quickly in her first preparation was 12. EXPAT who resumed in the Listed Denise's Joy in what was just an even run but she was constantly chasing in that hard run affair. On seemingly a weekly basis, we see Mark Newnham runners improve to win off similar efforts and in the last from Rosehill, this filly maps to get full control from the front.
6. Majestic Shot won her first four races in stylish fashion before putting in a flat one on April 14 at the midweeks and off a freshen-up, bounced back, finishing off strongly for second on May 15. Maybe riding her that bit colder at this stronger level is the key?
Although 4. Starla doesn't win out of turn, she's consistently thereabouts, especially in these 78's where she finishes in the money more often than not. She caught the eye fresh but is one that won't want too much rain ahead of Saturday.
If that rain does come, it will give 11. Sahra a genuine sniff. A second-up winner on a Heavy 8 at Canterbury before stepping up to this grade on May 22, she was three-wide throughout there.