- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
- Tuesday 27
- Wednesday 28
- Thursday 29
Mornington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for March 20
- Mornington hosts their Cup day program
- The track is currently rated a good four
- Justin Darcy provides his best bets of the day
The Mornington Cup will be run and won on Saturday (Getty)
Mornington hosts a nine race program on March 20 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Mornington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Mornington Tips for March 20
Race 1 - 12.15pm Cleanaway Sustainability Sires Tips
2. DAILY BUGLE is a lovely horse which he showed on debut when beating a well spruiked Lindsay Park galloper before bumping into Lightsaber at Sandown at his subsequent start. He was then too far back in an on-pace dominated Sires Produce at Flemington, so again stepping up in trip and finding a much weaker a smaller field will play to his advantage with his short sprint.
1. Micro was the third place getter in the Sires where he was in restricted room, but still was good through the line. He is the one they have to beat but $2.20?
5. Puppeteer is an interesting one here coming into the race first-up with a big aim in Sydney in the back of connections minds. He has always looked a nice mile/staying type of three-year-old which his jumpouts have also suggested, but he is one who we know is not over the top and will run the trip out.
6. Swamp Vixen beat an okay field at Ballarat first-up, beating a horse who ran well in the Sires so his form ties in to those at the top of the market in this event.
Race 2 - 12.50pm Asset Painting Services Handicap Tips
4. GRAND PROMENADE is a very good horse on his day who just found himself in races not run to suit when last in work. He was brilliant fresh last campaign at Moonee Valley behind the smart Shandy before running fourth to Affair To Remember before finding himself in a very fast run race third-up when favourite. If he is fit enough to run a strong 2000m, he is the best horse in the race.
6. Takumi has had a freshen-up after his third placing at Flemington over this trip back in mid-February, but he is good enough if he has retained the residual fitness to run the trip out.
8. Mahashakti has gone through the grades quickly this prep that has seen her win at Fillies and Mares 70 level at Moonee Valley. Another horse who has had a freshen-up, she just needs to be fit to be competitive.
7. Snoano is a changed horse after winning his last two races, the latest very impressive at Sandown over 2400m. He deserves his crack at Saturday level but back in trip?
Race 3 - 1.25pm IDS Security Handicap Tips
This is the value race of the day.
I love 8. FLORESCENT STAR as a Filly, putting together two great wins this prep, first-up at Stony Creek in what was a display of a horse who loves the wet, before going on to Kyneton on a good track and belting a Fillies and Mares 64 field. This is her next step but being at her home track is advantageous as is having so much gate speed from a good draw.
2. Witchfulthinking will be looking for a touch further, but she has jumped out very well and looks to be flying again this time in. Will Price has ridden her at her last three starts.
7. Wild Charlotte dominated a nice race at Stony Creek where the third placed horse has subsequently won. She will get back in the running and look for the pace to be clapped on early.
6. Incredulous Dream is the one they need to beat with a win over Yes Baby Yes fresh last prep, but she has been well and truely found in the market.
Race 4 - 2.05pm Mornington Peninsula News Group Handicap Tips
12. MARABI looks a Stakes class horse going through her grades and should be able to tick this race off with her early gate speed and being able to simply hold that speed for the entirety of the race. If she comes here, they will not get near her but she is also accepted for Moonee Valley.
3. Maritana is the one I want to be with if the favourite is not here off the back of some good performances early on last campaign. She was four lengths from Diamond Effort and Lyre when fresh last prep before winning her next two here taking her unbeaten record at Mornington to three. She is well over the odds in an open race.
11. Foxy Lady was building to her win at Moonee Valley last start off the back of two city placings. She is in-form and poses as a place chance.
10. Vici beat home Foxy Lady two back at Moonee Valley when showing a great turn of speed. Not sure what happened at his latest effort but he drops 4kg on that run for this race.
Race 5 - 2.45pm tbsc.com.au Handicap Tips
12. MISS BOSETTI is a track and trip winner, having won her debut here on a soft track over Euphoric Summer and Aysar. She was city competitive throughout the summer, but her first-up effort this time in was very poor at Warwick Farm. She was too good when going for a soft kill at Newcastle before being tested in the $500k Inglis Dash at Flemington. She was only six lengths from the winner, but this looks aa much easier assignment on paper and from a cheap draw, she gets the dream run in behind the speed.
2. Humzz has won and placed around the track and trip, proving that he is in good form by winning two of his last three with big weights. He goes up in class now but does drop 2kg in weight which will suit him. If he jumps he is the one they are going to have to get past because he is so tough.
4. Causeway Girl is the third horse to have won around Mornington and is dropping back sharply in class after contesting summer stakes races including the Rubiton Stakes. She is generally at her best a little lower in the weights but this is the weakest field she has faced in some time.
6. Not Enough Effort was good at his first two runs for the prep before being cast wide third-up at Moonee Valley. A softer draw sees him get his chance today.
Race 6 - 3.25pm Quayclean Mornington Guineas Tips
2. DOM TO SHOOT is a Group One WFA place getter in WA and was fantastic in his first-up run in Victoria, running fifth to Tagaloa. He was too keen in the Australian Guineas so put a line through that effort. He is a lovely type and finds himself in the weakest race he has faced in some time. Barrier 11 forces his hand to go back, but there does look enough speed for him to get over the top of them. He looks the obvious.
10. Vidiano was too strong first-up over 1400m and will appreciate every step of the mile here. The form from his first prep is strong enough to prove a factor is the favourite does not show up.
4. Let's Karaka Deel is a horse that I cannot wait to see what he does once he reaches 2000m this prep. The 2500m was probably one step too far in the Derby but his prior run in the Norman Robinson was fantastic when not running the race to suit. Follow him after today.
3. Cumberbatch was too strong at Flemington holding off the unlucky Annavisto, but he still has the win next to his name. His one run over the mile was average but is he a better horse now?
Race 7 - 4.10pm Neds Mornington Cup Tips
Giving 6. NONCONFORMIST one more go but I am beginning to think that this big Group One or big race that he is meant to win is never going to come. There is no doubt he has the talent, but when it is time for him to step up and win, he just does not win. He did win the Coongy over 2000m in the spring, but that was a very moderate race and had the dreamiest of run imaginable. He does look overs in this race off the back of an Australian Cup run where he was five wide the trip, but now is his time to stand up in a much weaker event.
7. Mount Popa is the testing material from Sydney with a strong win over the in-form Sacramento last start. This race seems a bit of a plan from the Hawkes stable to get him into the Caulfield Cup so that they can take him through the grades next time around. From a good draw, he is going to be hard to beat.
4. Irish Flame was good last week behind Persan which should top him off nicely for this race. He may not have the top class that some of these look to have, but he has enough to be in the finish.
2. Chapada was placed third in the Australian Cup but getting around Mornington will be his task. Flemington is his best track.
Race 8 - 4.50pm Neds Hareeba Stakes Tips
A great race this with 1. ANCESTRY the hardest to beat around the tight bend. He was simply too speedy at Moonee Valley last week when bolting in the Abell Stakes subsequent to contesting the Oakleigh Plate. He handles all conditions and it was announced this morning that he is heading here instead of Moonee Valley so he is a must on top and the best bet of the day.
5. Felicia is a little gun Mare who is so consistent once she strikes form, and has a lot of class on her side. She will be targetting the Sangster this prep so this looks a good kick off point.
3. Sirius Suspect was swamped in the Newmarket, proving one step too far for his level. This is a much more suitable race, so if he can get a nice run and not be pestered too much, he is a danger.
12. I'm Telling Ya gets back to his home track where he has to be considered a place chance off his form to date. Cannot see him winning but the home track plays into his favour.
4. Brooklyn Hustle goes in for second if she heads here which is unlikely.
Race 9 - 5.25pm Catanach’s Jewellers Handicap Tips
Not the easist way to finish off the program, but going with the import 11. MARCHONS ENSEMBLE who has been impressing at the trials. He comfortably won a Cranbourne trial and has been picked as one to follow by many trial experts. OTI rarely invest in lightly raced horses who are below average, so this could be the way to go to finish off the day.
9. Imperial Lad has been around the money all prep and expecting him to be once again with Pike in the saddle. He will go forward and likely take up the running, hoping to find a length on the bend.
13. Merchant Of Voice is a nice horse going forward, last start recording a good win over Imperial Lad at Sandown. The big field at Mornington could be the down fall.
6. Wyclif was good through the line behind Fighting Harada first-up, so up to the mile second-up suits and it would be no shock to see him in the finish.
What time is the first race at Mornington?
The first race at Mornington jumps at 12.15pm with the last race to jump at 5.25pm.
Who is the best bet at Mornington?
We are with Ancestry as the best bet at Mornington.
How can I live stream the Mornington races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Mornington races.
Ancestry and Grand Promenade will run as our best bets of the day.
Florescent Star will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Ancestry To Win @180.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Grand Promenade To Win @320.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 7 Units
Value Bet: Florescent Star Each-Way @850.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 3 Units