Moonee Valley hosts an eight race program on January 22 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Moonee Valley Tips for January 22
- Race 1 - 12.40pm Dominant.com.au Handicap Tips
- Race 2 - 1.15pm Dominant Cleaning Solutions Handicap Tips
- Race 3 - 1.50pm Mirasan.com Handicap Tips
- Race 4 - 2.25pm Mia Kleer Hand Sanitiser Handicap Tips
- Race 5 - 3.00pm Ladbrokes Fast Withdrawals Handicap Tips
- Race 6 - 3.40pm Dominant – Protecting your Brand Handicap Tips
- Race 7 - 4.20pm Mirasan Hand Sanitiser Handicap Tips
- Race 8 - 5.00pm Dominant Sanitation Solutions Handicap Tips
- Race 9 - 5.40pm Dominant Plant Powered Cleaning Handicap Tips
- Moonee Valley FAQs
Our Moonee Valley best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Moonee Valley Tips for January 22
Race 1 - 12.40pm Dominant.com.au Handicap Tips
1. UNFLINCHING has won both outings at short courses, including his last start here at The Valley. He is a colt with a very high cruising speed that he can sustain through to the line, so this 1000m journey is going to be his best. A small field is ideal and I am expecting him to be too speedy again.
5. Duchy Of Savoy has plenty of class and should have gone close here in the winter. Her first-up win had some real quality to it.
3. Rock Artist has raced in some strong company of late and will appreciate the smaller field, along with weaker quality opposition.
2. The Superintendent won well at Sandown last start and is hard fit.
Race 2 - 1.15pm Dominant Cleaning Solutions Handicap Tips
8. SUMATRA is out of Blue Diamond winner Earthquake, so she is bred to have plenty of speed as a two-year-old and most of all, ability. Loved her trial win at Warwick Farm and with Jamie Kah in the saddle, a debut win could be on the cards.
3. Eros went down by the barest of margins on debut at Geelong as an odds-on favourite and will be better for the run.
2. Counttheheadlights is on debut for team Maher & Eustace and was stylish in a Cranbourne jumpout win.
5. Resevoir Dog is another debutant from the Busuttin & Young stable, but may get a touch further over her career.
Race 3 - 1.50pm Mirasan.com Handicap Tips
5. DAQIANSWEET JUNIOR has recorded a winning hat-trick, last start defeating Nerve Not Verve, who has franked the form with a second last week. He was also a winner here two starts back, showing that he can handle the tight track, but does will need a fair track to win, as he'll get back/
1. Good Idea is building to win a race soon, and has saluted here before, so it is hard to knock him. The Adelaide Cup will be his aim for the prep.
2. In A Twinkling toughed it out at Flemington last start, quite flat-footed. but he kept coming at the line. 2500m will be up his alley.
3. Starcaster will be suited to a smaller field, but just needs to settle in front.
Race 4 - 2.25pm Mia Kleer Hand Sanitiser Handicap Tips
1. SAVING was never in doubt when winning here on New Year's Eve with Tom Stockdale in the saddle, going quick enough to hold an uncontested eve but not burning the fuel at the same time. Expect similar tactics from this gelding in a race where there isn't a stack of speed.
2. Salto Angel is not doubt the class of the race, but she just lacks a turn-of-foot. The further the better, so 2500m is a tick.
4. Lost Impact was as tough as nails when winning here two starts back after racing three wide the trip. This is no harder.
7. Wellsford made some ground along the fence at Flemington and can run a cheeky race in what is a weaker event.
Race 5 - 3.00pm Ladbrokes Fast Withdrawals Handicap Tips
5. WINSUM won well Pakenham first-up and has been kept fresh for this race, which I think will work in his favour. We saw his form die off as his prep got longer last time in, so being kept fresh looks the key. He has stakes class ability and this could be the prep where we see that quality shine through.
2. Yulong Command has come up as fav and although he makes his own luck on the speed along with being a winner here, I just feel the x-factor is with our top selection.
7. The Last Napoleon has a barnstorming finish on him, so the top four looks within reach.
3. Sam's Image is generally around the mark, but probably lacks something on the top two.
Winsum - $2.70Moonee Valley Race FiveBET HERE
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Race 6 - 3.40pm Dominant – Protecting your Brand Handicap Tips
9. MARIMENKO is an ex-Hong Kong galloper who looked good in Australia last prep, winning two of his three starts. He bolted in first-up last prep and looked destined for Saturday grade and I expect him to reach even greater heights this time in. Thinking he starts fav come jump time.
11. Sharp Response was a blackbooker for us last time after a great first-up run at Flemington in a very strong race. Clearly the horse to beat if Marimenko is not wound up to win.
4. Alburq has placed twice at The Valley and was strong through the line at Flemington in a good form race last time.
1. Deep Dive is third-up and should be ready to peak now.
Race 7 - 4.20pm Mirasan Hand Sanitiser Handicap Tips
12. UNANIMOUS should have won at Flemington and although coming to Moonee Valley. he draws wide, which is where he wants to be. At both of his last two starts, he has been in behind runners and trying to weave through, but now he gets the chance to come around them with one swooping run.
4. Fundraiser comes into this second-up off the back of a solid first-up run at Flemington. Drawn for the one-one spot.
10. Galactic Fury won well at Mornington last start, but now has to take a step up in grade, although ticks the short course box.
6. High 'N' Dry had his day in the sun two starts back, but will be around the mark as usual.
Race 8 - 5.00pm Dominant Sanitation Solutions Handicap Tips
13. SACRED PALACE returned in great fashion, spotting the leader miles at Terang, but weaving through and really attacking the line hard to just miss High Cost. We saw a brilliant win from him a Caulfield to end last prep and although this is a touch stronger, he has always promised a good win.
14. Florescent Star is an owner's dream, running honestly against the boys last start when giving them weight, but now drops down in the weights and gets Dean Holland back aboard - both big ticks for her.
11. In The Boat was entitled to tire late last start and still stuck on to win bravely. I have a feeling he had a horse chasing that isn't genuine, which is my concern.
8. Pioneer River has produced two big wins down the Flemington straight and now has the task of bringing that form to Moonee Valley.
Race 9 - 5.40pm Dominant Plant Powered Cleaning Handicap Tips
11. PATRIKA GOLD won like a star on debut at Terang, and although it is a big jump in grade from that to a competitive BM70, she certainly looked city class on talent. Important to note that she was subject to a big betting plunge in that race from $13-$3.60, so the stable know how good she is.
2. Mariamia is a sharp mare, who is a two-time winner around The Valley. It would be no shock to see her win this race.
6. Gabeira ran well in the In The Boat race last time at Caulfield, but I can't see Moonee Valley suiting her style of racing.
12. Night Of Delight was involved in a massive betting plunge at Yarra Valley. Watch the market again.