- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
Moonee Valley Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for September 4
- Moonee Valley hosts Feehan Stakes Day on Saturday
- The track is currently a Good 3, but rain is predicted
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for September 4
Degraves will run as our best bet at Moonee Valley. (Getty)
Moonee Valley hosts a nine race program on September 4 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Moonee Valley Tips for September 4
- Race 1 - 12.30pm PFD Food Services Handicap Tips
- Race 2 - 1.05pm Drummond Golf Handicap Tips
- Race 3 - 1.40pm Inglis 2022 Yearling Sales Series Plate Tips
- Race 4 - 2.15pm Powerflo Solutions Handicap Tips
- Race 5 - 2.50pm Mitty's McEwen Stakes Tips
- Race 6 - 3.30pm 3 Point Motors Atlantic Jewel Stakes Tips
- Race 7 - 4.10pm Ladbrokes Chautauqua Stakes Tips
- Race 8 - Clamms Seafood Feehan Stakes Tips
- Race 9 - 5.25pm Ladbroke It! Handicap Tips
- Moonee Valley FAQs
Our Moonee Valley best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Moonee Valley Tips for September 4
Race 1 - 12.30pm PFD Food Services Handicap Tips
6. FORGOT YOU is currently my top selection for the VRC Derby so I am holding this horse in high regard as he steps up in trip. He attacked the line fantastic first-up at Flemington after being held-up in a little bit of traffic. Moonee Valley will not be his circuit going forward, but on a wet track and up in trip, things may-well just play into his hands at an each-way price.
3. Sandy Prince has strung two wins together, including a nice all the way win last start on what was a track that suited on-pace runners. I can't have him as short as he is but he is a winning chance.
4. Sealion ran second to Sandy Prince at Sandown, but I feel there is more improvement left in this horse as he was 1000m up to 1400m, so at 1500m after that seven-furlong effort looks ideal.
9. Venting charged home from the back of the field at Bendigo first-up to score and will just need a bit of pace on to be running a similar race.
Race 2 - 1.05pm Drummond Golf Handicap Tips
8. MR BRIGHTSIDE has shown a great turn-of-foot in his last three wins, beating a very smart Eagles Crag on August 11. The market found him on the jump and the gelding handles all track conditions, with his most impressive win coming on a Soft 7, so there is zero reason to doubt him at all heading into this event.
9. Alcyone surprised most first-up with a big win up along the inside at Sandown, really putting the 78 field to the sword. Naturally he gets further, so the mile will not be a worry in the world, with the only worry he may be flat second-up off a big run first-up which we can see from time to time.
15. Worsfold was given none last start when out the back and on the fence on a day to be nearer to the lead, but overall his performance was good once again.
4. Nikau Spur beat Worsfold last start, but swap the runs the two horses had and you'd have a different result.
Race 3 - 1.40pm Inglis 2022 Yearling Sales Series Plate Tips
Going with the SA raider 6. TAUNTING. He has just been way too good in his last two wins, and has since trialled to keep his fitness up to the mark. Is yet to see a good track, so the wet ground is not a worry in the world. Being by Brazen Beau, I am hoping that they stick to sprinting, given the sharp change up speed he has.
2. Generation stuck on well last start behind Ingratiating, but I think he is a horse who needs to roll along out in front rather than be coiled up. From a wide gate, expect him to push forward and give them something to chase.
13. Bifrost was a good winner on the synthetic last start and the horse he beat has subsequently bolted in. No knock from me.
12. The Duke Of Dubai is well over the odds after an all the way win at Sale last start. Draws the inside and will be the one pushing Generation at the top.
Race 4 - 2.15pm Powerflo Solutions Handicap Tips
9. DEGRAVES looks one of the better bets of the day with queries over the rest of the field. I am putting a cross through last start where he just did not look to handle a fast tempo off a break between runs, but now two things play to his favour; one being that he takes great benefit from the run and two, that there is not anywhere near as much speed predicted. Can land in the box-seat.
5. Pancho ran one of the fastest times ever recorded over this track and trip last start, putting away the haters (including me) who doubted his ability. Can lightning strike twice?
8. Heart Of Puissance could well be the best horse in the race, but is clearly has issues, being scratched a few weeks in a row. Could blow them away, but would prefer to watch here.
12. Coolth was fantastic last start behind Floating Artist when showing a sharp turn-of-foot, although this race is much harder.
Race 5 - 2.50pm Mitty's McEwen Stakes Tips
I can't split the top two in the market, so going with the one at the better price in 8. SEPTEMBER RUN who is a star. She was huge first-up last prep in the Lightning Stakes when almost nailing Nature Strip before she defied a track pattern to finish fourth in the William Reid.
3. Portland Sky is the horse to beat from a map point of view, where he rides the pace both off a fast and slow tempo, still showing a great kick either way. He dead-heated in the Oakleigh Plate last season before running second to star galloper Masked Crusader in the William Reid.
4. Bold Star is handy around Group Two/Three level. but he faces a tough ask against the top two in the market.
1. The Inferno was too keen first-up, so back in trip looks up his alley, but he still needs to really lift.
Race 6 - 3.30pm 3 Point Motors Atlantic Jewel Stakes Tips
3. SCORCHED EARTH is the one who is primed to win after a great first-up run behind Gimmie Par and Heresy, and draws nearer to the inside here which is ideal for her on-pace pattern. She has won here and is unbeaten at 1200m, so this looks the perfect race for her. A stakes win here would really boost her pedigree, so let's hope she might be too fit and primed for them.
All eyes will be on 8. Argentia after her dominant debut win where she had subsequent winner Invincible Caviar left in her wake. Moonee Valley and 1200m is the question for her now and how far back she will get from an inside gate.
7. Zouzarella made a big impression when winning here first-up with a beautiful looping run from the back of the back of the field. Another that lacks the tactical speed, but has a motor.
11. Commands The Field is one that we do not want to let slip under our guard. The run first-up was huge and I could not turn you off something small each-way.
Race 7 - 4.10pm Ladbrokes Chautauqua Stakes Tips
4. AYSAR was very average first-up but he has since trialled up nicely and I just have to give him another look, especially at the double figures. He is drawn to get a lovely run behind the speed and use that dash we have seen in the past to advantage. More the place than the win, but I am prepared to go again.
2. Wild Planet was Group One placed first-up last time behind Eduardo over this trip so the class is there. The speed will be on and he just needs a cart to be the one finishing over the top of them late.
14. Bella Nipotina was smashed last start and scored well, although I can't have her at the current quote with some very good horses in the event.
7. Away Game draws the carpark, but she was enormous last start from the back of the field.
Race 8 - Clamms Seafood Feehan Stakes Tips
4. SUPERSTORM was huge in defeat in the Lawrence last start and looks primed second-up at the mile where he has been an Australian Guineas and All-Star Mile runner-up. He galloped well around here earlier in the week, so I am confident that he will get around the track, it will just be a matter of how much of a start he gives the speed. I am convinced he wins a Group One.
11. Elephant needs to measure up to WFA class, but his time when winning last start was similar to that of the Lawrence that day. He has nice tactical speed, a great turn-of foot and plenty of upside left.
14. Sierra Sue won the PB Lawrence last start and is striking in a good vein of form at the moment so you cannot leave her out. It would be no shock to see her win again, although hse is well found.
7. Nonconformist did what he does best last start and that was find trouble in the run. With a clear passage, he has the ability to match it with these.
Race 9 - 5.25pm Ladbroke It! Handicap Tips
3. SKYMAN would have been the best of the day had he drawn kinder, but he still gets the nod based off his great effort last time. He finished second over the 1500m trip here behind Viral who he meets again, except this is the horse I am expecting to really sky-rocket with improvement. Brett Prebble is a man on a mission at the moment and can bring us a home a winner.
2. Hi Stranger is racing in career best form and again will be afforded every chance with a beautiful smother in the run before looking for some clear air on the bend. If he finds it, he can win.
6. Winning Partner relished a hot tempo last start, but my worry is that he may be left a little flat-footed if they are not going at that tempo once again.
1. Cormorant is an interesting runner, being one of Lloyd's coming from overseas. He beat Russian Emperor and finished fourth behind Tiger Mothlast year.
Moonee Valley FAQs
What time is the first race at Moonee Valley?
The first race at Moonee Valley jumps at 12.30pm.
Who is the best bet at Moonee Valley?
We are siding with Degraves as the best bet at Moonee Valley.
How can I live stream the Moonee Valley races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Moonee Valley races.
Degraves & Scorched Earth will run as our best bets at Moonee Valley.
Aysar will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Degraves To Win $4.40 at Palmerbet - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Scorched Earth To Win $5.00 at Ladbrokes Australia - 8 Units
Value Bet: Aysar Each-Way $13.00 at Topsport - 2 Units