- Thursday 15
- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
Moonee Valley Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for March 13
- All-Star Mile Day is on Saturday at Moonee Valley
- The track is currently in the good range with rain scheduled
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for March 13
All-Star Mile Day will be held on Saturday. (Getty)
Moonee Valley hosts All-Star Mile Day on March 13 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Moonee Valley best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Moonee Valley Tips for March 13
Race 1 - 12.15pm Ladbroke It Grand Handicap Classic Tips
1. FANCIFUL TOFF was a dominant winner last start at this track and trip, lapping up the 2500m. Prior to that he had put in a very good performance here over 2040m in a strong race. He is drawn to get a similar run to what he did last start, where he can stalk the pace and peel out on the turn and hopefully get the better of his rivals.
7. Coin Collector pulled up with some issues behind Guns Ablazing on a leaders track last start and has been given plenty of time to recover. Of course, the five weeks between runs is not ideal, but he has some class on his side the the tactical advantage over many rivals.
4. Aurora's Symphony has won three on end up on the pace, but the last 100m of the 2500m is the concern.
9. Rising Archie has placed behind Aurora's Symphony at his last two but does struggle to win. The 2500m for him looks idea, although his one attempt at the trip was a fail in the SA Derby.
Race 2 - 12.50pm Charter Keck Cramer Valley Pearl Tips
7. SCORCHED EARTH took out the SA Magic Millions a fortnight ago in awesome style, leading all the way to win by more than five lengths. Prior to that she was on the speed when second to Arcaded in the Blue Diamond Prelude so there is more than average ability under the bonnet. From a soft gate and with Oliver on, so she goes in as the best bet of the day.
8. Glitter 'N' Gold was impressive on debut at Ballarat when coming from last to win by more than a length. She will give the favourite a big start which is the worry.
1. Predetermined held them all at bay first-up at Sandown including 2. Montana Flash who he meets again. He draws wide and will likely sit outside the favourite.
4. Dio brings down the Sydney form where he was beaten by six length in a Silver Slipper. He does need to lift but that form is strong.
COOLMORE CLASSIC DAY: Rosehill Race-By-Race Preview
Race 3 - 1.25pm Xtreme Freight Handicap Tips
2. TOO CLOSE THE SUN ran first-up in the Futurity Stakes where he was out sped but was not beaten all that far. Up to 2040m second-up look perfect, let alone speaking of his second-up record which reads four starts for three wins. He has the fitness advantage over the top weight and looks the one to beat.
1. Persan went to another level last prep, from kicking off in a 1400m Wangaratta Maiden all the way to running fifth in a Melbourne Cup. He needs to come back after such a long prep but has a lot of class on his side and is the best horse in this race.
5. Hang Man has been good this prep, but now comes to Moonee Valley, a track that does not suit his racing pattern all that well.
4. Blenheim Palace was super first-up but put in a flat one at his latest. Prepared to forgive that run and would not be shocked to see him finish in the minors here.
Race 4 - 2.00pm Ranvet Abell Stakes Tips
2. AGE OF CHIVALRY is one of those horses who can be hard to catch, but is always competitive no matter what race he is in. He was good without winning last time in, but was a narrow second to Viridine in Listed grade first-up which he probably should have won. With clear room he looks a great bet at his current quote.
3. Ancestry faded in a high pressure Oakleigh Plate first-up breaking his win streak. Back to a small field and to Moonee Valley are both ticks, so it would be no shock to see him bounce back to his best form.
1. Dollar For Dollar is as consistent as they come, placing in Group One company last prep and holding his form until he went to Sydney for The Everest. He raced in restricted room first-up last prep and can give this a shake if he gets the lead at his own tempo.
7. Pandemic is one of those horses who has not reached his mark yet, but can let punters down. His win in the Xmas Stakes two back was very good, but he is going to get back and give some proper horses a fair start.
QTIS JEWEL: Gold Coast Best Bets
Race 5 - 2.35pm Dalton Consulting Engineers Alister Clark Stakes Tips
1. CHERRY TORTONI is clearly the one to beat after finishing second in the Caulfield Guineas when settling last and beating all bar the outsider Lunar Fox. He managed to take out the Moonee Valley Vase last prep at this track and trip where he was simply to good in wet conditions. If we see anything like that run then he is your winner.
9. Parure was too good for a smart one in the Autumn Classic and looks as if she will only improve up in distance. She does need to prove how good she is against Cherry Tortoni though.
2. Yulong Werther is a funny horse, never in the race first-up at Caulfield but hitting the line a little better second-up behind Parure. Maybe he is now looking for this extra trip?
5. Explosive Jack went to Tasmania and won Tassie Derby which is a much lower class than this. Any rain around will not hurt his chances.
Race 6 - 3.15pm Adapt Australia Country Mile Series Final Tips
A wide open affair but sticking with Jamie Kah from a good gate with 14. FIORENTE LASS. She is a Mare who can settle back or show good speed, so I am hoping that Jamie utilises the good gate and can boot up somewhere near the pace. She has a strong enough turn of foot to win this race where some main dangers have drawn wide.
4. Maximak will enjoy any rain around with her form on a wet track very good, in-fact that is where all of her wins have come. The mile is a tick and most importantly in this race, she has drawn a gate.
3. Irish Playboy is not only well bred but a smart galloper, winning four of his eight career starts and placing in another two. He will have to get back from the wide barrier, but he is arguably the most talented horse in the race.
18. Just Stellar is a chance if she gets a run. She loves Moonee Valley and although pretty flat last time out, the win two back here was impressive.
SA SELECTIONS: Morphettville Tips
Race 7 - 3.55pm Powerflo Solutions VOBIS Gold Reef Tips
4. NAVAREZ does not go any further than a mile as his form suggests with his most two recent fails over further than 1600m, while his better runs have been at 1600m. Barrier one for a leader around the Valley is always ideal and with Jamie Kah on the confidence only grows. This is the horse the market has missed early.
10. Real Sensation put together an almighty win at Stawell last start and although this is a step up in class, this is the one that has the scope to potentially become a city grade horse.
2. Conceited was unlucky not to finish a touch closer at Flemington last week but I am not convinced that is super strong form.
3. Saltpeter finished third in that race mentioned last week but again, how strong is that form and does it measure up to our top two selections?
Race 8 - 4.40pm All-Star Mile Tips
What a race! If we see a good four to soft five track, the race is between 10. ARCADIA QUEEN and 11. Probabeel, but if we see some rain than 6. Mugatoo and 9. Russian Camelot come right into the race.
As an on top selection, I find it hard to look past Arcadia Queen who was brilliant first-up in the Futurity Stakes when chasing Probabeel. Up to the mile is much more suitable and second-up from a perfect barrier, I would be a little surprised to see her not turn the tables on the Kiwi Mare. The news this morning of her shifting a plate is not ideal, but I am sure the camp will not run if injured.
Mugatoo was brilliant in a Cox Plate last prep when three-wide the trip and still running on for fourth. Any rain about brings the two Mares back to the field and him into the race. He looked very good in a gallop at Moonee Valley Tuesday morning.
Probabeel will want a firmer track, but still ran honourably in a Cox Plate last year. It is fair to say that her best distance is a mile but she has a tricky gate and some weather worries to contend with.
12. Shout The Bar is the one at odds that can run a cheeky race. She won the Empire Rose last prep over a mile before finishing fourth in the Mackinnon to Arcadia Queen. She gets the cosy run and goes on the wet and dry.
Russian Camelot cannot be discounted and has to go in exotics if the rain comes.
Race 9 - 5.20pm Chandler Macleod Grand Handicap Sprint Tips
Since they Gelded 10. THE BILLIONAIRE, he has become a different horse. I know there were always big wraps on his ability as a two-year-old, but his mind was not on the job with the ladies around. He is now focusing and winning races which is all you can ask. He has won two of his last three, showing great tactical speed in all three starts. There is not a heap of speed inside of him and with Jamie Kah on a Freedman horse, this looks a solid get out bet.
4. Vongole should have won last start at the track when heavily held up in running, finishing second behind the flying Open Minded. The wide gate forces his hand to go back again and if there is too much rain it might make it tough for him.
5. Cordilla is one the name of plenty of punter's nightmares. She has so much ability and is always well backed, but finds trouble more often than she doesn't. If she gets room she can win.
3. Cielo D'oro loves Moonee Valley and gets a cosy barrier to settle midfield. This is a harder race than what he has faced of late, but you can't knock horses who enjoy the circuit.
Moonee Valley FAQs
What time is the first race at Moonee Valley?
Moonee Valley races kick off at 12.15pm with the last to be run at 5.20pm.
Who is the best bet at Moonee Valley?
We are siding with Scorched Earth as the best bet at Moonee Valley.
How can I live stream the Moonee Valley races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Moonee Valley races.
Scorched Earth and Too Close The Sun will run as our two best bets of the day.
Fiorente Lass will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Scorched Earth To Win @200.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Too Close The Sun To Win @270.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 7 Units
Value Bet: Fiorente Lass Each-Way @700.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 3 Units