Gold Coast hosts their rich Magic Millions program on January 16 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Gold Coast best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Gold Coast Tips for January 16
Race 1 - 12.15pm MAGIC MILLIONS MAIDEN PLATE Tips
With a lot of early speed to kick off the Magic Millions card, we want to be on something that can get the sit right behind them and ping around the bend, which could be 16. NEWSREADER.
This filly has trialled up super in prep for this race, where she is a $5 equal favourite. Forget her on a heavy deck, but anything on top of the ground and she will show a great turn of speed. The main tick is that she has drawn gate eight and will get the perch on the front-runners about three of four pairs back.
14. Defiant Diva was solid first-up at Yarra Valley behind a smart one named Jenni Express. It looks as if she may have been targeted towards this race.
9. Hey Big Splenda was second at his first outing at Ipswich with Robbie Fradd in the saddle. Barrier seven is a great draw.
8. For Valour has drawn barrier one and will need a stack of luck with the likely tempo we are going to get, as front runners may fall back into him.
Race 2 - 12.50pm MAGIC MILLIONS OPEN Handicap Tips
3. PARADEE was dominant last week when winning at this track and trip last week, beating 5. Frosty Rocks who again looks the main danger. Paradee has the stakes class form in Victoria that is being franked just about every weekend looking the clear top pick based on her dominance last week.
Frosty Rocks put up a good fight and will be once again making her own luck up on the speed, proving the one that Paradee needs to run past once again.
2. Skate To Paris goes well at this track and looks as if she will appreciate the 1800m journey. She is the best at double figures.
11. Wapiti was third to Paradee and Frosty Rocks last week so will have a good base of fitness. Of course he is not expected to test the top two once again but that race does stand out on paper.
SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Race-By-Race Rosehill Preview
Race 3 - 1.25pm $1M FRIZELLE SUNSHINE MAGIC MILLIONS SUBZERO Tips
2. BLACK ON GOLD was the runner-up in this event last year and looks set to go one better, now fourth-up after a strong third placing last start to Spirit Ridge and Best Of Days. We know he gets around the track and Chris Waller is the master of getting horses to peak on this day.
1. Ballistic Boy comes out of the Paradee race last week over 1800m, so the seven-day back-up and up to 2400m looks suitable for this fit horse.
6. Skiddaw brings up the Melbourne form lines, where he was beaten last start by Long Arm who is favourite for a 2000m contest at Flemington. He was a strong winner two back at Ballarat.
5. Elaborate would love the heavens to open, but gets in light at the weights and ran well behind Barade at Eagle Farm last start.
Race 4 - 2.00pm $1M IT'S LIVE! IN QUEENSLAND MAGIC MILLIONS SNIPPETS Tips
4. BELLA VELLA is a Group One mare who is fresh off a spring preparation ending at Moonee Valley in the Manikato Stakes. She is a brilliant fresh horse, having won three of her seven attempts and placing in two, winning at Group Two level at Moonee Valley last start. She enjoys the tighter bends, so Gold Coast will suit. Is over the odds.
7. Jonker bolted in at Doomben first-up by almost five lengths where he broke a track record. He was well-backed off of a poor prep. He was beaten by 2. Hard Empire last start, but expecting him to turn the tables on that galloper on D-day.
9. Exhilarates won the 2YO Magic Millions a couple of years ago and placed in the Guineas as a three-year-old. She loves the Gold Coast circuit so she should be competitive once again.
13. King Of Hastings was brilliant last week at Randwick. At his best he can turn up and win this.
Race 5 - 2.35pm $1M TAB MAGIC MILLIONS FILLIES & MARES (3YO&UP) Tips
A competitive little race but going with 9. SNAPDANCER who blitzed the smart Tailleur last start at Rosehill. This is a Mare who has improved as she has gotten older, taking a spot on the speed and making her own luck which has seen her win both starts this prep. She now deserves a crack at this grade and is the horse to beat.
2. Athiri has been fantastic all prep long, winning four of her last five, including her last start at Eagle Farm that she won comfortably by almost 2.5 lengths. She is clearly the main danger.
3. Outback Barbie shows up at the carnival every year and loves the Gold Coast circuit, so again she is not without a chance.
11. Stolen Jade is a winner, proving too good at this track last week. This is the next level though which she needs to prove herself at.
MELBOURNE TIPS: Race-By-Race Flemington Preview
Race 6 - 3.15pm $2M THE STAR GOLD COAST MAGIC MILLIONS 2YO CLASSIC Tips
12. SWIFT WITNESS was dominant last week with the blinkers on for the first time, sitting behind the speed with Glen Boss aboard. There was a bit of bumping entering the straight, but the figure she posted was better than anything in this race and she is expected to prove the one to beat in the feature of the day.
11. She's All Class has been favourite for this race up until Wednesday where she drew sticky in 18. She massacred Swift Witness that day(Swift Witness did not have blinkers on), but did have it all go her way from gate four. This wide gate will show how good she really is.
1. Alpine Edge won marginally first-up with a bit of a spruik on him, but showed up in terrific order at Eagle Farm on Boxing Day, where he darted through the inside to grab the choccy's in impressive style.
9. Fake Love did it tough but still looked home and hosed at Eagle Farm a month ago. She was beaten late in the piece and will again have to do it tough from gate 20. He trial was very good.
Race 7 - 4.00pm $2M GOLD COAST MAGIC MILLIONS 3YO GUINEAS Tips
Arguably the most anticipated race of the day between the two star Fillies 3. AWAY GAME and 13. Isoptope.
It is near impossible to split the pair but going with Away Game purely because she was first-up going into their last start at Doomben, only to be run down late by Isotope. As a proven horse, she is the one to beat, winning the 2YO Magic Millions last year, fourth in the Blue Diamond and second in the Golden Slipper, she is an owners dream.
Isotope missed the kick first-up but subsequently bolted in at Doomben, before nailing Away Game right on the line last start. That was a phenomenal win last start and the deserved favourite, but she is just starting to get a little short in betting.
12. Forbidden Love is certainly no slouch, finishing third in the Empire Rose Stakes two runs back before winning the Gosford Guineas on a wet track. She is on the third line but it would not shock to see her challenge the top two.
15. Gotta Kiss has been in super form, but she always gets back and needs luck, so expect her to hit the line hard.
SA RACING: Murray Bridge Best Bets
Race 8 - 4.45pm $1M PACIFIC FAIR MAGIC MILLIONS CUP Tips
3. ELEVEN ELEVEN has done nothing wrong this prep, where he beat 12. Yao Dash two starts ago and beat 9. Discharged last start. He was elevated to first in the Magic Millions Guineas last year due to the Alligator Blood issue, but this shows he handles the track and shows up when it counts.
11. The Astrologist has been good all campaign, running a few seconds in Melbourne before winning at Pakenham and placing fourth here last week. He did not get the right run on the inside, but has drawn out for this so he just needs luck again.
Yao Dash is clearly one to beat with some great form around him. He was a dominant winner last week but does need luck from gate one which could prove sticky.
1. Soxagon is ever so consistent and keeps turning up. He was a mile too good a fortnight ago but now reaches the next echelon of horses.
Race 9 - 5.20pm $1M RACING QUEENSLAND MAGIC MILLIONS QTIS OPEN HANDICAP Tips
10. YAMAZAKI was favourite in this race last year after a big win the week prior, but a change of tactics this time around, keeping her reasonably fresh. She loves the Gold Coast circuit with her big finish, so expecting that second-up with Glen Boss in the saddle shows the intent to be winning.
1. The Odyssey is very consistent, last start narrowly beaten by Roheryn at Eagle Farm. He is another galloper who loves the Gold Coast.
4. Macewen is unbeaten here, coming to this race in good form with a win a fortnight ago at Eagle Farm. He is another galloper who does need to lift to this level.
8. Tokoriki Lad loves the Gold Coast circuit but was very poor last start. Back to the 1300m could be the trick.