Race 1 - 11.50am VRC Member Damian Cubela Plate Tips
4. BERKELEY SQUARE was an impressive first-up winner and backed that up with a big finishing second placing behind Boogie Dancer at Caulfield. He may be in need of further, but I like him getting to Flemington where he will have plenty of striding room. With even luck, he'll be hard to beat.
7. Palaggio was dominant on debut on the Ballarat Synthetic track, leading from start to finish. He is clearly better than provincial level and from an inside gate here, he can roll forward.
9. Proscenium Arch was too good when leading all the way at Sandown on a heavy track first-up. She now has to back that up on firmer ground.
1. Michelotti probably lacks the x-factor of some of these and gives them some weight, but has won hi last two.
Race 2 - 12.45pm Villa Paradiso Tips
3. QUINTELLO is the best horse in this race, but just draws a little sticky in nine and if anything like last time we saw, then you could put a pen through her. The key is getting cover to then use that acceleration which is what has won her four races thus far. Not a betting prospect, but a classy mare.
10. Star Of Eden has trialled up beautifully leading into this prep and is a fresh winner so she is expected to put her best foot forward.
6. Defiant Diva is in-form, winning last start and has previously won third-up before. Still on the way up.
2. Night Passage ended last prep with three straight wins and has returned with two trials wins.
Race 3 - 1.20pm VRC Season Premiere Sprint Tips
Barrier three is not ideal for 13. VERANSKOVA as he loves to have plenty of room with his big action, but nonetheless a repeat of last start's performance with his added fitness wins this race. He has since had a trial in between runs to keep him ticking over, while the step up to 1100m looks perfect.
1. Sixbysixtythree has recorded four wins from seven starts, including last start at Mildura when winning with 60.5kg. He carries the same weight here, but the weights are compressed.
10. Sunrise Ruby makes her way down from Sydney after a second placing first-up in a fillies and mares 58. Her heavy track form is outstanding, but the soft track record could read a little better.
6. Field Of Roses just lasted at Sale last start, first-up since joining the Bedggood stable. He will be better for the run.
Race 4 - 1.55pm The Riverside Tips
2. BLUE CUP was great two back at his Australian debut then worked hard last start in a strong race at Flemington. He will be even better from those two outings and now with Jamie Kah in the saddle, along with facing inferior opposition, he gets every chance to breakthrough this Saturday.
10. Coolth has been consistent without winning lately, but does look most explosive at Flemington. Could be dangerous with 57kg.
3. Maximum Prime was beaten by two stakes horses two back and was only just bobbed out last start at Caulfield. Four-weeks between runs and staying at 2000m looks a tick.
15. The Awesome Son came home with a wet sail last start at Sandown to just miss and does look still somewhat on the up.
Race 5 - 2.35pm Aurie's Star Handicap Tips
2. STAGEMAN is the class of the race having run second in the Winterbottom two starts back (although against WA opposition). He did beat home Elite Street, who is a star. so that shows he is all class when right. This isn't the race that he will be set to peak for, but the best horse often win this feature.
3. King of Sparta was given an immaculate ride by Jye McNeil in the Bletchingly last start to win. Faces the straight for the first time. but hard to knock that win.
4. Sirius Suspect stayed on the fence and was back to his best in the Victorian Sprint last start. Flemington specialist who will fight out the finish.
7. Kalkarni Royale does not look overly suited at the weights, but is another who runs her best races at this track and does have a barnstorming finish.
Race 6 - 3.15pm The Parade Lounge Tips
4. HE'S OUR BONNEVAL looked great at his Australian debut before finding himself a mile from the speed in a leader dominated race at Caulfield. He comes into this four-week between runs coming up to the mile, but he looks as if he will eat this trip up and maybe even further. The best horse in the race.
6. Here To Shock gets Damien Oliver on board after Tatum Bull rode a peach last start to dominate at Caulfield. He has an electric turn-of-foot and is on the way up, just think he has found his price.
9. Somerset Maugham is a Flemington horse and now fourth-up to his favourite track, expect a peak.
2. Designer Chef, although beaten a big margin last start, closed off with some very solid splits, so it eas a better run than it looked.
Race 7 - 3.55pm The Rose Room Tips
4. TEEWATERS showed that tactical speed last start at Caulfield when bolting in. The extra trip looks no issue and with what we can expect as a rolling tempo from Horrifying given the walkathon he had last start, this race sets up similar to his last outing. If it does, expect he prevails as the superior animal.
5. Horrifying was gifted the race at Flemington last start, walking the majority of the race before picking up the speed at the 800m. This played into his hands perfectly and given his dominance, don't expect the riders to let him have it that way again.
6. Through Irish Eyes loves to run a place, but has had a few things against in his recent starts. His SPs suggest that he is a better horse than Horrifying, but just needs to put a win on the board.
1. Dawn Patrol did his best work through the line at Caulfield last start, and now looks much better suited up to the 2530m.
Race 8 - 4.30pm The Skyline Lounge Tips
6. WILLIAM THOMAS is an old mate of mine, but thinking now up to 1410m he can win after a very long run of outs. Both of his last two starts have been enormous, and the form out of last start is much better than what he faces here over the trip. The longer trip as an older horse should also suit.
4. Nicolini Vito deserves favouritism based off his straight track win last start and is the horse that they need to beat. Just very short and feel there are others who can improve.
1. Makram needs further but expect him to be great through the line as he targets the Caulfield Cup in the spring.
7. Shandy is two from four first-up and now with Clayton Douglas, he has gotten him hard fit with four trials under the belt.
Race 9 - 5.05pm Jockeys Celebration Day Sprint Tips
10. FIRE looks a stakes class horse in the making. He comes up 100m in trip from Sandown, which looks ideal and straight track racing looks something he could own in the near future. Think we might have a star on our hands and if so, he puts pay to this field. The clear best bet of the day.
2. Sacred Palace was a blackbooker from his flashing last start third placing behind Nicolini Vito. Back 100m in trip is not ideal but still is a ridiculous price in an even event outside of the favourite.
3. Pioneer River is a straight track specialist and after a great first-up run at Caulfield, he will be in the numbers at a silly price.
7. Squid Game held off Veranskova last start, but I am still convinced that he needs a bend to show his absolute best.