Flemington hosts a nine race program on May 14 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Flemington Tips for May 14
- Race 1 - 11.55am Next Generation Sprinters Series Heat 1 Tips
- Race 2 - 12.30pm Flemington Fillies Sprint Tips
- Race 3 - 1.05pm Mahogany Challenge Series Heat 2 Tips
- Race 4 - 1.40pm Leilani Series Heat 1 Tips
- Race 5 - 2.15pm 2022 Lexus Melbourne Cup Tour Handicap Tips
- Race 6 - 2.50pm Silver Bowl Series Heat 1 Tips
- Race 7 - 3.30pm Lexus Andrew Ramsden Tips
- Race 8 - 4.10pm VRC-CRV Winter Championship Series Heat 1 Tips
- Race 9 - 4.45pm Santa Ana Lane Sprint Series Heat 2 Tips
- Flemington FAQs
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for May 14
Race 1 - 11.55am Next Generation Sprinters Series Heat 1 Tips
6. DOULL was a $1.2 million purchase and has the pedigree to match, by a champion sire out of a stakes winning two-year-old. He comes from the right camp for two-year-old racing and has trialed up very well in preparation for debut. The one to beat.
1. Don't Change has had two starts to date for two solid fifth placings. Blinkers go on first-time and this is a slight step back in grade to what he was facing.
3. Gold Bucket did enough behind a smart one first-up then gave nothing else a chance at Cranbourne. Tries hard and that will take him a long way.
10. Royal Signal was a strong debut winner, but this does look slightly stronger on paper.
Race 2 - 12.30pm Flemington Fillies Sprint Tips
5. NO WAY EVER brings the strongest form reference, closing off well behind Najmaty who is a classy filly on her day. She was wide and had zero cover in the run, yet still stuck to her guns. There are a few progressive ones in this, but her performances to date have been the best of these.
3. Commands The Field looks suited to straight track racing, but does draw nearer to the inside. Maybe, if they miss the kick a half-length, she wcan make her own path towards the outside.
7. Miss Melbourne looked classy in her first-up win this prep, but now comes up in grade and is quite short in a very even race.
6. Arranmore did not handle the heavy 10 in Sydney last start and comes to Melbourne now to find firmer ground.
Race 3 - 1.05pm Mahogany Challenge Series Heat 2 Tips
4. GENERAL FIREPOWER comes from the firing Moroney stable and closed off hard last start against similar opposition, while the 1700m at Flemington looks ideal. The blinkers go on for the first time to try and help him settle a little closer in the run as it will be his racing pattern that costs his going forward.
2. Carlisle had the measure of our top selection last start and showed plenty of fight to win. 1700m is the next query, but he is as tough as they come and settles on the speed.
5. Sonora hit the line with General Firepower last time and looks another that will appreciate the rise in trip. Harry Coffey back aboard is a big tick.
1. Umgawa has to carry the weight but is the proven city performer in the race so has to be respected.
Race 4 - 1.40pm Leilani Series Heat 1 Tips
Grahame Begg holds the key to this race and I am one of his horses number one fan in 2. BUTTER CHICKEN. Not only is the food delicious, but her turn-of-foot is just as mouth-watering. Happy to forget last spring where nothing went right in stakes class, so BM78 grade looks ideal for her to begin building again.
1. Vespertine is a get back and run on type, so she just needs a cart to follow into the race and she will be very hard to beat given her sprint.
10. Adele Amour draws barrier one and could well be cluttered up with nowhere to go as they enter the straight, but did run well in a stronger grade last time.
16. Starring Role is a model of consitency, although will likely find a couple too good on the day.
Race 5 - 2.15pm 2022 Lexus Melbourne Cup Tour Handicap Tips
Ludicrous is how I describe the price of 10. BEAUFORT PARK after finishing three lengths from Regardsmaree and Buffalo River when in the worst ground last start. His late work at his two prior starts was strong and now stepping up to 1600m, this will be in his hitting zone. Arguably brings the strongest form into this race.
15. Barretta looked very good when winning first-up and was a touch flat last time, but that was due to him getting the tongue over the bit. Tongue-tie goes on.
20. Vitruvius is hard to beat but has a negative race pattern so will be a long way from them, especially from the wide barrier.
8. Beltoro has won just one of his last 10 but has been around the mark most starts. Too short, however.
Race 6 - 2.50pm Silver Bowl Series Heat 1 Tips
9. ARRAN BAY should have won last start. but hung-in when put under pressure, going down a head on the line. Plummets 7kg for this race including in-form apprentice Alana Kelly's claim. Recorded some superb wins in SA when last in work and was very close up in a strong Flemington race to finish off the campaign.
8. Jimmy The Bear is a better horse than what the market suggests. 1100m was way too short fresh and he has since had a trial in between. 1400m is ideal now and he has form around Cardinal Gem.
13. Cardinal Gem was well beaten first-up, but has plenty of potential. Hard to get a measuring stick as to how he will go in this, but respecting.
2. Tonneofgrit put away a good field last start and it would be no shock to see him run another big race in this.
Arran Bay - $3.70Flemington Race SixBET HERE
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Race 7 - 3.30pm Lexus Andrew Ramsden Tips
5. SOUND OF CANNONS is another at a price who is going to run a big race after a great pipe opener on Wednesday at Sandown when charging home to score. Terry Henderson said post-race that the plan was to back-up and I can't see that changing. 2800m is perfect, with the only query being barrier one and where he settles.
8. Through Irish Eyes is set to peak and comes from the right stable to be doing so (Maher & Eustace). He should have beaten Point Nepean last start, but confident he can turn the tables getting to Flemington.
10. Point Nepean makes his own luck and is quite tough. Think he is will be better horse over 2000m to 2400m, but there is not a heap of class in this.
1. Warning is a Group One VRC Derby winner, but would love some good sting out of the ground to run to his peak.
Race 8 - 4.10pm VRC-CRV Winter Championship Series Heat 1 Tips
10. MYSTERY SHOT was one that promised plenty early but has had some issues and just failed to go with the job. He has not shown heaps first-up in his last couple of campaigns, so definitely not knocking his fresh run in the Wangoom. Back to firmer ground is a positive for him and his second-up form reads super.
17. Triple Missile was the eye-catcher in the Wangoom and is a second-up winner so he profiles well. Just gets a long way from them, but is smart
5. Lightning Jack is an intriguing runner with some high quality international form. His debut run in Australia was a forget, but he did win a trial impressively a fortnight ago.
3. Morvada is another tough on-pacer who is going to have to work early to cross, but has the fight to stay in it for a long way.
Race 9 - 4.45pm Santa Ana Lane Sprint Series Heat 2 Tips
13. WINSUM is three from four first-up, and the market has often told the story as to how he will go. Craig Williams will be legged aboard who knows this gelding well having sat on him four times for a two wins and a second placing. His trial was solid leading into this and at the price, he looks a great each-way play.
10. Twist Of Fury is very fast and very good fresh. Two jumpout wins are no shock given she can run early in the prep, but it shows that her level has not dropped.
1. Dosh boasts a second placing in the Schillaci Stakes last prep, but that was with 51kg. 60.5kg is a big ask but she is quality.
2. How Womantic is an honest first-up performer, winning twice and placing third last prep from four attempts.