Flemington hosts a nine race program on December 18 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Flemington Tips for December 18
- Race 1 - 12.40pm TAB TROPHY Tips
- Race 2 - 1.20pm LEXUS HOLIDAY PLATE Tips
- Race 3 - 1.55pm SCHWEPPERVESCENCE HANDICAP Tips
- Race 4 - 2.30pm RUBAROC HANDICAP Tips
- Race 5 - 3.05pm MYER GIFTORIUM HANDICAP Tips
- Race 6 - 3.40pm KENNEDY HANDICAP Tips
- Race 7 - 4.20pm FURPHY FESTIVE SEASON SPRINT Tips
- Race 8 - 5.00pm #LOVETHEHORSE TROPHY Tips
- Race 9 - 5.40pm G.H. MUMM CHRISTMAS PLATE Tips
- Flemington FAQs
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for December 18
Race 1 - 12.40pm TAB TROPHY Tips
2. LAVISH GIRL comes out of black type company in what may just prove a strong fillies race going forward. She was third behind Lady Of Honour, who is half a chance in a 3YO Magic Millions Guineas, so facing a far less quality of horse sits well in her favour. I thought the bookies would have marked her as a clear favourite and while you can get more than $4, she is a bet.
4. Honeycreeper is definitely looking for the 1400m and will be one suited getting to Flemington as long as she handles this way of going.
8. Seonee was a nice winner last start which will give her some good confidence coming here. The runner-up has subsequently bolted in.
1. Luna Cat had won two in a row but now faces tougher opposition here and has come up too short for mine.
Race 2 - 1.20pm LEXUS HOLIDAY PLATE Tips
2. SQUID GAME looks a really nice horse, beating Treporti last start who subsequently won at Moonee Valley and now he gets to Flemington which is going to suit his action ideally. He's a massive strider and a big unit with early speed, so he is going to plonk himself outside the lead or take it up himself and just use this big flat track to his advantage which should see him go back-to-back.
8. Media Empire has always had some sort of spruil around him and now that the maiden is out of the way, things may start to fall into place. He represents value for exotic players.
7. Capo Strada comes down from Sydney with some good form lines behind him.
4. Crystal Vain was not far away from Joltin' Joe who ran an absolute bottler in a much stronger race at Flemington last week.
Race 3 - 1.55pm SCHWEPPERVESCENCE HANDICAP Tips
8. SKELM is as honest, finishing less than a length and a half from them in the Group 2 Zipping Classic last start. No doubt he has been kept up to the mark over his freshen-up to be able to run a strong 2600m, and Flemington is a track that he has run some big races at previously so in the small field, I see no reason why he cannot win.
2. In A Twinkling was a little flat for mine in the Pakenham Cup after I gave him a good chance to win. He needs to improve but he will relish a step back in trip and right down in class.
9. Wyclif has a tur-of-foot and is building into his prep really nicely, but is he one run short before he wins another?
6. High Emocean has to be a chance, but is a point short in the market for mine.
Race 4 - 2.30pm RUBAROC HANDICAP Tips
5. ENIGMA has won her last two starts quite impressively and is making that nice progression into city grade. She has early pace and can sprint, two things that can be find together in a horse coming through her grades. Jamie Kah now takes the reins and if she has come on from that last start win, then I feel she has as bright of a future as any in the event.
7. Rose Quartz is one that will be giving our top selection a start which ultimately swung my tip that way. She will be suited to Flemington, but just how much of a start will she give them?
3. Dee Keepa was great two starts back at Sandown and was just average last start at Warrnambool. Not sure this race is overly strong.
1. Dunbrody Power did enough at Pakenham last start behind Winsum who has a bright future.
Race 5 - 3.05pm MYER GIFTORIUM HANDICAP Tips
14. WAY TO GO PAULA flashed home with an eye-catching run second-up before proving a tad unlucky when wide the trip last start, so there is no reason to jump off of her from that effort. She draws better this time and Ben Allen just knows how to ride the Stokes horses which gives me some confidence. D-Day is looming though.
5. Savannah Cloud got the job done last start at Moonee Valley, as he should have win the form lines that he holds. He has always shown immense ability and that could be the kick starter that he needs.
12. Gentleman Roy was a strong winner first-up at Geelong after a peach of a ride from Jamie Mott. Was the win enhanced by the ride? We will find out here.
6. Visinari has has his first start for the Price & Kent Jr yard after leaving the Sam Kavanagh stable, trialling up nicely for this.
Race 6 - 3.40pm KENNEDY HANDICAP Tips
1. BLAZEJOWSKI is peaking to win third-up as his form has suggested in the past, coming off a great first-up run and a super fourth placing last start at Pakenham. This looks a target race stepping up to the 1400m third-up and to Flemington where he has won three races. The Richards claim gets him very well in at the weights.
6. Open Minded did enough last start at Morphettville but is always a big improver with more racing. The wide gate is the negative.
4. Tavidance is a funny horse who has a powerful turn of foot when on his game. If the right horse turns up he could very easily win this.
5. Second Slip has come up favourite but expecting a drift with some beter credentialed horses longer in the market.
Race 7 - 4.20pm FURPHY FESTIVE SEASON SPRINT Tips
5. IT"SOURTIME is hard to go past based off the arrogance from the first-up win donw the straight. Not sure why he was scratched from a race on Pakenham Cup Day, but this freshen-up will ensure that devaststating sprint stays in his legs, up against what I believe is a field who do not posess the class that he does.
9. Sig Positano is a heart in your mouth horse as he always needs luck in running. He probably should have won at Moonee Valley last start, but the question is now how he handles straight track racing.
11. Sixbysixtythree is unbeaten in three starts, scratched from a handy race last week to race here. He looks like an ideal straight track horse, but this is a little harder than that.
3. Ranting we know has a lot of ability, but he just struggles to get the job done.
Race 8 - 5.00pm #LOVETHEHORSE TROPHY Tips
8. TATUNKA is well over the odds after a great run two back at Pakenham and a very unlucky run last week at Flemington. He comes up in class, so drops heavily in weight but I think it is fair to say that these horses are not out and out 84 class every day of the week, so he looks well in at the weights. At the price, he is the way I want to play.
9. High 'N' Dry ran well at Pakenham last start but just does not win out of turn. Expect a positive performance as always.
1. Akecheeta is a gutsy galloper who makes his own luck out in front. Fought like a tiger to win the Wodonga Cup last start.
11. Real Sensation knows how to hit the line, but is always just a low percentage play due to his race pattern.
Race 9 - 5.40pm G.H. MUMM CHRISTMAS PLATE Tips
I have always had a good opinion of 7. SCORCHED EARTH who is very quick early and does run well fresh. Straight track racing I feel is going to suit her and having a jumpout win under the belt has her ready to fire fresh. She was not far from some quality fillies during the spring, but this is her time of the year to shine.
2. Yulong Command has come back in terrific order this time around, but not sure that drawing the pole is the ideal spot. He is very fast though and has the pace to offset the gate.
5. Winsum I feel needs a bend, although could be the most progressive horse in the race. He never looked like getting beat at Pakenham.
8. Sweetzou knows how to hit the line and she did that sweetly last start. I do like her better fresh but she has come back well.