- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for October 2
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently in the Soft 6 range
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for October 2
Ingratiating & Ranch Hand will once again go head-to-head at Flemington. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on October 2 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Flemington Tips for October 2
- Race 1 - 12.10pm Darley Maribyrnong Trial Stakes Tips
- Race 2 - 12.40pm Kirkland Lake Gold Super Impose Stakes Tips
- Race 3 - 1.15pm TAB Edward Manifold Stakes Tips
- Race 4 - 1.50pm Gilgai Stakes Tips
- Race 5 - 2.25pm VRC Members Danehill Stakes Tips
- Race 6 - 3.05pm Furphy Rose of Kingston Stakes Tips
- Race 7 - 3.45pm TAB Turnbull Stakes Tips
- Race 8 - 4.25pm The Lexus Bart Cummings Tips
- Race 9 - 5.05pm McGregor Portables Paris Lane Stakes Tips
- Flemington FAQs
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for October 2
Race 1 - 12.10pm Darley Maribyrnong Trial Stakes Tips
This is a raffle, so going with what we know and that is the Ciaron Maher and Dave Eustace two-year-olds fly. 9. CAVALLO RAMPANTE is one of the few sighted progeny from Menari, but looks to have ability after a solid jumpout. She draws nearer to the inside which is always a positive down the Flemington straight and gets leading rider John Allen aboard who hopefully can steer her home.
1. Black Tahitian will no doubt be fast coming from the Waterhouse and Bott stable, so expect the colt from Deep Impact to lead for a long way.
6. Rampant Lion will likely come in for support on race day as these Peter Moody first starters do. He has won two trials very nicely.
10. Get In The Spirit gets Damian Lane aboard and has shown some good early speed at the jumpouts.
Race 2 - 12.40pm Kirkland Lake Gold Super Impose Stakes Tips
7. HITOTSU is one that I have always had a lot of time for after always looking a three-year-old since his two-year-old days. He got the maiden out of the way at Donald in fine style after looking in trouble when strung up in traffic, but he looks ready for this 1800m journey and clearly a Derby tilt this preparation.
8. Gunstock was a strong winner at Cranbourne last start when beating Roebling who is looking to break his maiden on Thursday at Moe. It as a determined effort to win, and there was clearly scope to improve after laying in.
5. Euro Dandy showed a really nice turn of foot last start when winning at Geelong and is again drawn for a similar passage. He looks every bit of a stayer so the 1800m is not a worry.
1. Tutukaka need the longer journey now and I think will improve again over a touch further.
Race 3 - 1.15pm TAB Edward Manifold Stakes Tips
2. ELUSIVE EXPRESS was a real eye-catcher in the Thousand Guineas Prelude, and although it is not overly strong form, there is no standout filly this season. being by Jakkalberry, she is going to eat up the mile journey and will only need some luck from an inside gate to beat these fillies as she looks to progress towards the Thousand Guineas and likely VRC Oaks.
7. Mokulua brings down the Sydney form lines which look a little stronger than what we have in Melbourne. Two starts back she was placed to Spring Champion Stakes favourite Profondo, while she was just four lengths behind Four Moves Ahead in the Tea Rose last start.
10. Nana Jenn rises in grade but I loved her win at Moe last start, looking as if she is going to thrive over this journey plus further. She is the blowout.
12. Glint Of Hope ran well at Cranbourne last start in what looks a handy race, but is quite short in the market.
Race 4 - 1.50pm Gilgai Stakes Tips
6. AWAY GAME deserves a win in a race like this, and it may just come today with 56.5kg on her back and Jye McNeil in the saddle. She was gallant in defeat behind Splintex last start and now in a smaller field, this will play to her advantage with the turn of foot that she holds. She looks incredibly hard to beat in an ideal race for her.
3. Kemalpasa is a big danger with some superb straight track form. He was good first-up in a weaker race in Adelaide but we know he is a different horse down the straight.
1. Zoutori won this last year and returned in excellent order with a nice fourth behind Splintex and Away Game.
2. Splintex rises in weight and may have found the right race at the right time last start, but is of course a must for exotics.
Race 5 - 2.25pm VRC Members Danehill Stakes Tips
1. INGRATIATING was defeated by Ranch Hand last start, but now gets the blinkers applied which we saw in his two-year-old season saw him turn into one of the best of his generation. He draws wide so he will have a clear passage for the entirety of the straight and we are now getting nearly $4 based off one defeat. Expect a big bounce back with the blinkers on, so he will go around as our best bet of the day.
4. Ranch Hand defeated Ingratiating last start when looking hopelessly held-up, but did find a gap and he certainly exploded. It was an immaculate turn of foot from this boy and he could well raise the bar again.
12. Gimmie Par is the filly of the race who won well in the Quezette with no trials under the belt. She ran well behind Ingratiating down the straight as a two-year-old so the form ties in.
10. Mornington Glory won like a future star at Bendigo last start and although this is a major jump in class, he looks up to it.
Race 6 - 3.05pm Furphy Rose of Kingston Stakes Tips
3. MYSTIC JOURNEY was enormous first-up nehind the fit and in-form Turaath. Betty was three and four wide with no cover for the trip, yet toughed it out to finish just a length from the winner. Her second-up record is immaculate with three wins and two second placings from six second-up attempts. She looks to have come back at her best, which is a scary sign for her opposition.
7. Still A Star ran third in the same race as our top selection last start, but just lacked the killer punch to beat them. She will be greatly improved second-up and should run well as she always does.
2. Instant Celebrity flopped in the Let's Elope, but did pull up with excuses and we know she is better than that, so improvement is expected.
1. Odeum trialled up nicely at Cranbourne leading into this run after contesting two Queensland races over their carnival.
Race 7 - 3.45pm TAB Turnbull Stakes Tips
4. VERRY ELLEEGANT is currently Australia's premier WFA Group One star and deserves favouritism in this event. She was the winner of this race last year on an unfavourable Good 3 surface, but she pulled out all stops to show why she is the best in the business. Is mapped to be just two of three pairs from the speed, which should give her every chance to claim Group One win number 10.
3. Incentivise is the new kid on the block after claiming the Makybe Diva Stakes last start. Although this is a similar contest, he bumps into a champion and will need to be every bit as good as his times suggest to beat her. No doubt he will give her something to chase and we saw him dig in last start and fight.
9. Mount Popa ran well in the Makybe Diva and will be better suited up in trip, so he does look some exotic value.
1. Sir Dragonet rocketed home to finish third in the Makybe Diva Stakes and is now suited up in trip to 2000m. Cox Plate is where he will peak.
Race 8 - 4.25pm The Lexus Bart Cummings Tips
Going with the import 10. SHERAZ who looked a good horse on the way up in France. His best form is on wet ground, but we know Flemington can often drain well, but holds moisture for horses to get their toe in. There was some vision of him having a gallop around Moonee Valley and he looks ready to rumble first-up to win his way into the Melbourne Cup.
5. Amade gets up to his ideal distance now, after winning on Anzac Day and putting himself in contention for a Melbourne Cup. No doubt that this is a difficult race, but he is on the way up.
2. Dawn Patrol was backed heavily in the Feehan Stakes but was never suited at the mile. Up in trip sharply and to Flemington are both ticks. Where there is smoke there is fire?
11. Grand Promenade deserves his crack to get into the Cup and could just be a Persan from last year and show the fitness counts for everything.
Race 9 - 5.05pm McGregor Portables Paris Lane Stakes Tips
Everyone knows 1. AYSAR is my favourite horse and after a fantastic run in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes, I just have to go again because I am a sucker for pain. He just looked to peak about 150m from the line in the Rupert Clarke, and could be ready to find his best now. Expecting Jye McNeil to have his confidence up by this time of the day, so hopefully he can get the big boy back in the winner's stall.
13. Mr Tipla flies first-up and draws soft to get the job done. He sits on the minimum and gets in-form hoop Daniel Moor to steer.
10. Justacanta attacked the line well last week in the Testa Rossa and will suited up in trip an extra 100m.
9. Tavidance won a trial nicely leading into this effort and has produced some bottlers when first-up previously.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 12.10pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Ingratiating as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Ingratiating & Elusive Express will run as our best bets.
Sheraz will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Ingratiating To Win $3.80 at Boombet - 8 Units
Next Best Bet: Elusive Express To Win $3.00 at bet365 Australia - 8 Units
Value Bet: Sheraz Each-Way $5.50 at TAB - 4 Units