- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for September 11
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track will race as a Good 4
- The Group One Makybe Diva Stakes headlines the September 11 program
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview
Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on September 11 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Flemington Tips for September 11
- Race 1 - 12.30pm TAB Long May We Play Plate Tips
- Race 2 - 1.05pm Exford Plate Tips
- Race 3 - 1.40pm Winning Edge Poseidon Stakes Tips
- Race 5 - 2.55pm The Sofitel Tips
- Race 6 - 3.35pm Furphy Let's Elope Stakes Tips
- Race 8 - 4.50pm PFD Food Services Makybe Diva Stakes Tips
- Race 9 - 5.25pm Very Special Kids Pin and Win Plate Tips
- Flemington FAQs
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Get $5.50 for Incentivise to finish 1st or 2nd in the Makybe Diva Stakes
Flemington Tips for September 11
Race 1 - 12.30pm TAB Long May We Play Plate Tips
6. COOLTH arrives on a seven-day back-up after running well last week at The Valley over 2040m. He raced without a lot of luck, but is one who will greatly appreciate the flatter track of Flemington, and I love him up in trip on this back-up. Brett Prebble takes the reins who is a man in-form and they draw well in four.
1. Pondus is the interesting runner and I do believe we need to watch the market. If he drifts, he is not fit, but if he firms, they will not see him in the run. Is aiming to gain entry into the Melbourne Cup and this could well be a stepping stone towards that, which leaves me not wanting to play in this event.
3. Tooradin is as tough as they come and was just too good off a walking tempo last start at Caulfield. That did not exactly prove that he runs out a trip, and I expect we will find out more about him today.
2. One More Try is an honest mare and is building into her prep nicely. A win is just around the corner.
Race 2 - 1.05pm Exford Plate Tips
1. ARTORIUS looks very hard to beat now out to 1400m after producing a big finish at Caulfield last start. The rating produced was a lot worse than what met the eye, but he is a Blue Diamond winner and was simply outstanding in terms of the way that he dug in late to almost pip Bruckner. He is under the odds, but is impossible not to have on top.
If 7. Hilal is back to his Autumn form, he can give the favourite a run for his money. He was dreadful at Moonee Valley, but he will have come on greatly from that outing and now up to seven furlongs suits.
2. Lightsaber was an eye-catcher behind Artorius but will need to lift to beat him home in this. Looks a nice place bet at better than even money.
8. Mr Mozart was just too keen last start, but if he can return to his first-up form, he will be somewhere in the finish.
Race 3 - 1.40pm Winning Edge Poseidon Stakes Tips
2. INGRATIATING is obviously the one to beat after his outstanding Vain Stakes win where he was off the bit with 400m to run, yet stormed down the outside to comfortably beat General Beau and Generation. That was in second gear without the blinkers, which are yet to be added which is a scary thought considering last start's win. Once the blinkers are applied, you may have an Everest contender.
3. Finance Tycoon is a definite danger as he is very classy as we saw in The Showdown last start. He does boast a win over Ingratiating as two-year-old, but the favourite does lead the head-to-head battle.
1. Shaquero loves a dry track which and will find these conditions here, so he has to be given a place hope. The inside gate is the concern.
4. Jigsaw went like a cut cat last start in the McKenzie and just missed, but this is harder.
Race 4 - 2.15pm Cap D'Antibes Stakes Tips
5. CRYSTAL BOUND set the racing scene alight after her dominant first-up win at Moonee Valley last prep. She has a very high cruising speed which takes many other horses out of their comfort zones. This filly was then seen running second in the Percy Sykes Stakes to none other than Group Two Furious winner Jamaea, so the form is well and truly franked. Looks the best of the day to me.
3. Tycoon Humma has trialled up brilliantly after her two below part runs this prep. Trainer John McCardle openly stated that she was not fit, so expecting great improvement from her.
1. Dosh is the class runner who is unbeaten in two starts. Both wins have been great, but the times have been a touch below par which has me concerned, now running into some smart fillies.
4. Seradess is unbeaten in two starts, but this is another level of race compared to what she has been competitng in.
Race 5 - 2.55pm The Sofitel Tips
2. AYRTON would be the best winning chance of the day, but the market has not missed him. I was against him first-up where he has factors against him, yet he was still too tough and got the job done. This is a touch stronger, but this gelding is also fitter and now has more race experience under the belt which rings alarm bells for his opposition.
7. Regardsmaree is getting fitter after two runs back and is improving. Once he strikes form, he generally holds it which he did last start when finishing third to Ayrton.
1. Crosshaven will have improved from his first-up run behind Masked Crusader over 1100m where he was not suited. Second-up to 1400m is ideal.
5. Cherry Tortoni looks a proper miler to my eyes and expecting him to run well here without winning against some fitter horses.
Race 6 - 3.35pm Furphy Let's Elope Stakes Tips
I could not get Instant Celebrity at the short quote so going with some value in the selections, kicking off with 5. STILL A STAR who is bombproof. She was beaten a lip by multiple Group One winner Mr Quickie last prep before going on to win with a leg in the air , beating Missile Mantra. Her two Tasmanian trials have been solid and she draws well in two.
8. Zou Dancer was very close to being my on-topper now getting to the 1400m at Flemington, but the wide barrier just turns me off a little. Ready to peak?
2. Mystic Journey is the obvious class, but we have not seen the best of her in a little while. She has been trialling well and goes best fresh, so it would be no shock to see the champ bounce back.
17. Butter Chicken has X factor, but she may be better suited with some more race experience and up in trip. I am convinced that she will win a Group One during her career.
Race 7 - 4.15pm Lexus Bobbie Lewis Quality Tips
2. JONKER is a two-time Group One place getter, coming off a second in the Kingsford-Smith Cup back in May. He has finished second in a recent trial and is sure to of held a lot of residual fitness from his last campaign. That form just wins this, but his question is over how he handles the straight track of Flemington.
6. The Astrologist has proven himself time and time again, but does face one of the toughest assignments of his career. He has been in the money in six of his seven Flemington starts .
1. Zoutori is the Newmarket winner of last season, but is giving a fellow Group One horse 3.5kg which is not in his favour.
9. Away Game was enormous last start at Caulfield and although the form has not quite held-up, it would be no shock to see her win given the class.
Race 8 - 4.50pm PFD Food Services Makybe Diva Stakes Tips
9. AEGON is the one I want to be with second-up now getting to the Flemington mile which looks right up his alley. He draws well in gate four and with a lack of speed in the event, can utilise this and sit in a more forward position without taking away from his turn of foot. At the each-way quote, he is worth a good bet in what is a very open Makybe Diva Stakes.
10. Mo'unga won the Winx Stakes last start and was impressive in doing so, just outlasting Verry Elleegant which most horses cannot do. The wide gate is the reason that he is not favourite, but he will hopefully find a three-wide spot midfield with cover which will allow him to finish off.
6. Incentivise is the spruik horse coming into the race with six wins in a row with an aggregate margin of more than 41 lengths. The early market support says he is going to go forward and be the one to catch, but $4.40 at this level for the first time, you can leave me out.
3. Keiai Nautique is the value of the race to my eye after a great run first-up in the Winx Stakes. Getting to a big track like Flemington and to the mile and both ticks.
Race 9 - 5.25pm Very Special Kids Pin and Win Plate Tips
14. SKYMAN was a blackbooker from last start and now looks to have found a suitable race second-up. He draws very well in gate one and his second-up form is very good with two wins and a second from four goes. Will just need to see some clear air at the top of the straight, after likely taking the box seat position and looking for a split.
10. Secret Blaze has been going super this prep in stronger races, but now drops back to a more ideal class of race. Barrier 17 does him no favours, but the horse is flying.
4. Defibrillate will be greatly improved second-up and although he did not have a flashing light first-up like he did last prep, he was still good at Moonee Valley.
8. Ziegfeld is fit and overdue for a win off the back of some consistent form this preparation.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 12.30pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Crystal Bound as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Crystal Bound and Jonker will run as our best bets.
Still A Star will run as our best value.
Best Bet: Crystal Bound To Win $3.40 at TAB - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Jonker To Win $4.60 at Palmerbet - 7 Units
Value Bet: Still A Star Each-Way $8.00 at Topsport - 3 Units