- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
- Thursday 12
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for July 17
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently rated a Soft 6, but more rain is forecast
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for July 17
Degraves will run as our best bet of the day. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on July 16 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for July 17
Race 1 - 11.55am Byerley Handicap Tips
1. AKTOLGALI was a blackbooker from last start at Flemington where he was just pipped for third behind Royalzel. He went into that off the back of an impressive win at Flemington, looking as if he wants every step of 2000 plus, so now up to 1800m looks a big positive. With a negative racing pattern, he is one that is going to need some luck in running.
4. Mamool is having his second race start after running well first-up over 1330m at Geelong. He looks the type that is going to really improve up in trip and in a race that lacks heaps of depth, is a good chance.
7. Honeycreeper comes down from Sydney and looks every bit of a staying type. Damien Oliver gets the ride for Godolphin.
8. Turn It Up Tommy's stablemate Johnny Get Angry ran well in this race last year and he could well do the same being a horse who is going to appreciate the more ground he gets over.
Race 2 - 12.30pm K.A. Morrison Handicap Tips
8. I'M THUNDERSTRUCK was a blackbooker from last start after not finding the best ground at Caulfield, and copping a big bump on the turn, still hit the line nicely. Third-up, he should be peaking and now to Flemington where he has the big straight to wind up on, this is a positive. The class is there, but oday we find out if he is mature enough to be tackling this level.
5. Sir Davy is another blackbooker from last start, after not seeing the light of day in the Creswick, he now comes up to 1400m with a trial win under the belt. He will be fit for this and looks the main danger to our top selection.
9. Tuvalu adds a lot of interest to the race being unbeaten, bolting in his first start by seven lengths before winning comfortably at Sandown in a strong race. Horses who go to the paddock in winning form generally show up fresh.
7. Divine Diosa beat I'm Thunderstruck two starts back and almost pinched the Rivette Final last start. In with a chance.
Race 3 - 1.05pm RMBL Investments Rising Stars Final Tips
7. LINDHOUT finally got the job done for us last start with a booming finish at Flemington when heavily supported in the market. Carleen Hefel jumps back aboard, taking 3kg off of her back which sees her very well weighted in this field. She is getting short, but you cannot deny her chances in this event.
9. Galgani has finished behind Lindhout at her last two starts, making the running last time out only to be overrun in the final 100m.
6. Aidensfield has been honest this prep but does need to find that extra couple of lengths to be in with a winning chance.
2. Don'ttelltheboss is as honest as the day is long and should find herself inside the top five as usual.
Race 4 - 1.40pm ATA Celebrates Women Trainers Handicap Tips
3. FURRION looked back to somewhere near his best in the Winter Championship Final, only just going down to Mongolian Marshall after sitting three-wide the trip. This race is much weaker on paper and if he were to turn up here in that type of form, they will not get near him.
11. Vegas Knight has been incredibly honest this prep with a win two starts ago and back-to-back second placings. He is currently favourite which I feel is the wrong price, but he is too consistent to knock heavily.
6. One More Try has only missed a placing once from six second-up attempts. She did enough first-up in a strong race so I am expecting great improvement here.
5. Pancho is building into some much better form, but the query over his head is that it has been a long time between wins.
Race 5 - 2.20pm L.V. Lachal Handicap Tips
Seeing this as a two-horse race, but going with 10. ZORRO’S DREAM on the back-up after being a touch unlucky last week recording another second placing. His time was brilliant and he showed that he can handle both fast and slowly run races, a great asset to hold. Back down the Flemington straight, he looks hard to beat.
13. Lowanna Magic was a blackbooker last start in much stronger company, and has to be given a chance based off such a game effort, now dropping right back in class to a much more suitable level.
2. Can’t Be Done found winning form at Sandown last start, but the key to that horse could be soft tracks. With the track likely to race soft, he is one for the exotics.
7. Hasseltoff is a Flemington specialist and although first-up, I am expecting him to be a chance for the exotics here.
Race 6 - 3.00pm Sir Eugene Gorman Handicap Tips
8. DEGRAVES was so impressive last start when winning here, but was as green as grass. That just showed he has so much improvement left in him as he looks to tick off his next box en-route to possibly much bigger things over the Spring Carnival. He looks the best bet of the day.
2. Dice Roll failed last start as an odds on favourite, but did not have the race run to suit. He is a different horse when he gets cover in the run, so if we can see that it could be a match race between this bloke and the favourite.
1. Django Freeman is a talent on his day, finishing a game placing at Flemington first-up last prep before holding his ground in a Turnbull Stakes. That type of form is very good.
4. Adelaide Ace was not far off them in the Winter Championship Final and has to be given a place chance in this off of that run.
Race 7 - 3.35pm Trevor Clarke Handicap Tips
2. EXPRESS PASS was a winner last start down the Flemington straight off the back of a game placing two back at Sandown. He gets in here with 59kg thanks to the claim of Matt Cartwright who knows the horse well after riding him at his last two. Trainer Nick Ryan is in some great form at present.
6. Zakat is one at a price that I can entertain with a very good first up record, only missing the placings once in five goes, but also has that class factor. He was costly last pre, but at $10, that looks a fair quote.
10. Dirty Thoughts is the best horse in this race, but is first-up off a long spell. I think she will find this trip a little short, although at this time of the year we can often see class shine through.
4. Spaceboy is a gun first-up but will be wanting the heavens to open on raceday to find himself on a very wet track.
Race 8 - 4.15pm Flemington Cup 1849 Tips
3.SOUTH PACIFIC looks to have his name written on the trophy after an impressive win last start, facing similar opposition here. Up to 2800m is not a worry and Jamie Kah sticks which is who you want on board. Now with the Australian win under the belt, this could be the launch pad on to much bigger staying races over the Spring Carnival, with the aim currently to get his rating up.
15. Lofty Heights hit the line with gusto last start, looking as if the 2800m will be right up his alley. He will settle back and in a race with a lot of jumpers outside of the favourite, he looks value.
5. Saunter Boy is a star hurdler, yet has the flat ability to be competitive on the flat over this trip. Just a little short for me.
4. Sweet Thomas won over 3200m last start and I am just not convinced that back to 2800m is ideal for him against some nice types here.
Race 9 - 4.47pm Ken Cox Handicap Tips
2. SEB SONG needs that city win this time in or he is going to be one that struggled to find a grade that suits. He was brave last start but again just found one better on the day. The rain around helps his cause and they may be making ground out wide by this time of the day.
1. Foxy Frida gets the 3kg claim from Alana Kelly after winning three of her last four. Unbeaten at Flemington, she is clearly one of the two main chances in this race.
7. Always In Moment I feel is well short of her true price, but has scope to reach this level. She impressed last start at Sandown but this is a big step-up in class.
15. The Awesome Son is the half to The Autumn Sun, so there should be enough ability in his pedigree to see him competitive.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 11.55am with the last race to be run at 4.47pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Degraves as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Degraves and Aktolgali will run as our best bets of the day.
Furrion will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Degraves To Win @170.00 at TAB - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Aktolgali To Win @360.00 at Sportsbet - 6 Units
Value Bet: Furrion Each-Way @400.00 at Ladbrokes Australia - 4 Units