- Monday 26
- Tuesday 27
- Wednesday 28
- Thursday 29
- Friday 30
- Saturday 31
- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for July 3
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently in the Soft 5 range
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for July 3
Flemington hosts finals day on Saturday. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on July 3 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
READ: Will Jamie Kah bring up the ton this Saturday?
Flemington Tips for July 3
Race 1 - 11.50am Sofitel Next Generation Sprinters Series Final Tips
1. MENNEA could not have been more impressive on debut at Donald when backed as if unbeatable and never looking in doubt as they approached the home straight. Going on to win by nearly three lengths, this lead could have been extended had he been really pushed out to the line. The class is there, is it now just a matter of raising the bar which makes him the one to beat.
3. Cardinal Gem comes off a synthetic win at Ballarat, looking a type that is going to keep improving with more racing under the belt. I do feel he is well behind Monnea in the pecking order, but could be one we want to be following as a three-year-old.
2. The Art Of Flying made up a lot of ground at Sale behind Sharp Response who has subsequently franked the form by placing behind Jigsaw. That's a good indication that he has the class to give the favourite a scare.
4. I Am War was great behind Mimosas last start at Flemington when giving a great sight at odds. He has won a trial subsequently, but bar plates go on which is a concern.
Race 2 - 12.25pm TAB Silver Bowl Series Final Tips
3. SEB SONG has had no luck since his awesome win first-up when beating two-time subsequent winner Scantoon at Cranbourne. Although he likes the sting out, I am not expecting this to be a firm track which he will enjoy, and the big straight of Flemington along with a wide gate where he will have room to move is beneficial. Jamie Kah goes on which is always a plus.
2. Reliable Dude beat Seb Song at Cranbourne last start albeit with the run of the race. He also beat him home at Sandown when he had a better position in running when straightening, so I feel both horses should be a touch closer in the market.
7. Merle The Pearl put together an impressive win last start at Sandown at a big price after a dominant Synthetic win. This is a step up in grade, but she could keep improving.
4. Vibrant Glider was great first-up when just missing at Flemington before being well beaten by Scantoon which ties us in with our top selection.
Race 3 - 1.00pm Lexus Banjo Paterson Series Final Tips
Expecting a market order finish here with 2. GRAND PROMENADE looking the short but sweet selection of the day. He bolted in with a leg in the air last start, beating a similar group of horses, with Jamie Kah in the saddle. From an inside gate, expect him to bowl along out in front as he likes and continue to progress through his grades.
4. Not Usual Glorious looks the only possible danger bringing over the SA formlines over a shorter trip, but has won three races in succession this time in, in good style. This is a leap in grade, but there is so much improvement left in him and will carry 5kg less than the favourite.
5. Master Chum was great last start at Flemington when finishing a narrow third to Lunar Flare and Vegas Knight. Both of those gallopers have run well subsequent to this effort, and we know this horse is better over a trip so this is going to suit him.
7. Royal Crown was a winner on Sunday in what was a slow race, so the back-up is likely going to suit. He needs to improve, but he has the cope to do so.
Race 4 - 1.35pm Kennedy Taj Rossi Series Final Tips
4. AKTOLGALI could potentially be the best horse in this race off the back of his last start win at Bendigo where he was near last on the bend, before exploding through the packs and hitting the line with gusto. Although the times were not great, I am hoping that getting to Flemington can see him sky rocket in a race without a standout selection.
11. Forbidden City looks every bit a mler after a nice run when just peaking late here last start. She was a big betting drifter that day, but now with Jamie Kah aboard, I am expecting her to stay firm in the market.
10. Whatafox run well at Sandown last start without winning and looks another who is going to produce a better rating out to the mile. She is going to get a good run from the inside.
2. Celestial Fury won the Forbidden City race last start and cannot be left out with that form.
Race 5 - 2.15pm MSS Security Rivette Series Final Tips
5. FOXY FRIDA enjoyed a great ride last start when darting through the field to win here. Although she now comes up in weight, it was the type of win that you feel can give a horse great confidence to take the next to step and cement herself as a proper city grade galloper.
8. So Far Away was impressive when coming from the back of the field last start at Bendigo to make it two wins on end. She just needs some pace up front to feature so that she can find her big stride.
2. Star Of Uma had let the punters down at her first two start for the prep before destroying them a month ago at the Parks track at Morphettville. She will likely be making the running.
1. Aidensfield did enough first-up down the straight and we know is a stakes performer when she is at her best.
Race 6 - 2.55pm Seppelt Wines VRC-CRV Winter Championship Series Tips
2. DICE ROLL is unbeaten in Australia from three outings and looks likely to make it four in a strong field, but a field of horses who do not have share the same upside. He has been simply a class above in all three starts to date and now coming up to the mile for the first time in Australia, is going to be the clear horse to beat and the best bet of the day.
1. Buckhurst has superior international formlines but over a longer trip. He contested both the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate in the spring and this looks a tick over run, but he has the credentials on the board.
8. Adelaide Ace is back to his best after putting together two great runs at his first two starts back before winning the Swan Hill Cup. This is now a step-up in grade but expect him to run well.
3. Odeon is consistent as always and will likely finish somewhere inside the four as he has done all this prep.
Race 7 - 3.30pm G.H. Mumm Mahogany Challenge Final Tips
7. MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER is a synthetic winner last start at his first try over 1500m and now steps up straight to the 2500m which is a very big ask, but he is by Melbourne Cup winner Fiorente, so whether it is now or in time, he is going to lap up the trip. We know the formula of synthetic winners to the city works wonders, so I am happy to roll the dice again with the progressive staying type.
3. Token Spirit won with ease last start at Sandown with the perfect ride from Jamie Kah. That was over 2400m and he looks as if he can go even further, so the trip is no worries for him.
4. Unique Artist saluted last start at $34 for us but is now favourite in an open race. Clearly cannot be discounted off that win, but is getting short now.
5. Don Arcangelo comes down from Sydney with a 2320m win at Newcastle under the belt. This is stronger but he is a stayer.
Race 8 - 4.05pm Furphy All Victorian Sprint Series Final Tips
4. BANQUO looks a good be in this race second-up after running super a fortnight ago behind The Astrologist who he meets again here. Up to the 1200m and with fitness under the belt, this is the one I would rather be taking at the price, especially from a wide gate where the better lanes may open up.
5. The Astrologist won well a fortnight ago and has a clear love for the Flemington straight. He is capable on all ground and draws well in seven where he could lead them all the way again.
8. Hi Stranger flashed home to just miss The Astrologist last start and looks better suited now with an extra 100m in this event.
1. Isaurian is very quick and was stakes placed in his only start last prep at Eagle Farm, so the class is not a worry.
Race 9 - 4.35pm TCL Leilani Series Final Tips
Surprise, Surprise, Justin has tipped 13. LINDHOUT again, but this time, it's actually her last chance to get the chocolates and show that she wants to win and not just chase. She hit the front last time out and had the race shot to pieces, but stargazed and chased once again when Don'ttelltheboss got through on the inside. Maybe ridden to have the last crack could be the key for her.
6. Barbie's Fox has ability, flashing home from last to finish one length third at Sandown last start. She will be making her run with the favourite.
10. Galgani was tough on the pace last start in the Lindhout race, sitting wide the trip and hanging tough for third spot. With a more economical run, she could be the mare they need to run down.
3. Don'ttelltheboss got an elusive win on the board last start, but what are the chances that she can make it two in a row?
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 11.50am with the last race to be run at 4.35pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Dice Roll as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Outside of Grand Promenade, will be will going with Dice Roll and Banquo as the best bets of the day.
Our value bet will be Aktolgali.
Best Bet: Dice Roll To Win @105.00 at PlayUP - 15 Units
Next Best Bet: Banquo To Win @500.00 at Unibet Australia - 4 Units
Value Bet: Aktolgali Each-Way @3300.0 at bet365 Australia - 1 Unit