- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for June 5
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently rated a Good 4
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview
Flemington hosts metro races on Saturday. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on June 4 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a full preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for June 5
Race 1 - 11.40am VRC Member Emma Sargeant Plate Tips
Expecting a market order finish to the opener with 2. GRAND PROMENADE the dominant favourite after a last start second placing in the Andrew Ramsden behind Realm Of Flowers. He is a horse who puts himself on the pace and is very hard to run down when he gets it his own way. Looks better than the other two main chances in the market and if he performs up to his last run, he will be winning this race.
3. South Pacific was great in the Warrnambool Cup when picking himself back up for fourth after being bowled over by Heart Of Puissance. He has let punters down before so I am not game enough to have him on top no matter the price.
1. Haky returned to some good form last start when second over 2000m at this track. That form reads a level below the top two, but he will appreciate the 2500m.
7. Vividredsky is at a big price but off the back of a third placing here behind Heart Of Puissance last start (seven lengths), he goes in for fourth.
Race 2 - 12.15pm VRC Member Ben Edney Trophy Tips
Hoping Jamie Kah can make it an early double as she rides the favourite 3. SNICKERDOODLEDANDY who ran a game second behind Standoff last start over 1400m. Third-up and looking ready to peak, she is the filly that they need to beat, although I am not keen on the price available.
5. Don'ttelltheboss struggles to win but is always around the mark, finishing second in a rich Vobis race three back before finishing midfield in a stakes race two back and another second placings last start. Expect her to be somewhere in the finish as per usual.
2. La Vina was dropped back to 1100m last start where she was okay in 78 grade. Her first-up win was very impressive in lower grade and she should enjoy the 1400m third-up.
4. Witchfulthinking run them ragged last start at Warrnambool where she looked to appreciate the soft conditions and a track that favoured those on the pace.
Race 3 - 12.50pm VRC Member Lesley Millson Trophy Tips
12. CHIEF ALTONY looks the best bet of the day to me, with a great record of three wins and seven minors from 11 starts, along with a dominant last start win against weaker horses. He is a horse going through the grades, first-up finishing second to Corner Pocket who subsequently won again before putting away a 70 field by four lengths. Look for another peak run getting to Flemington.
9. Beehunter has form through Corner Pocket as well, finishing second to that galloper last start when first-up. He would be my on-topper if he knew how to win, but it has been a long time between drinks and he may just bump into a smart one here.
6. Mr Tipla has put together three great runs this prep, with two third placings in nice races at his first two before a luckless eighth here last start, where I am convinced that he nearly wins if he could build his revs.
5. Left Hand Man is always around the mark and will be fit coming into this event.
Race 4 - 1.25pm VRC Member Philip Jacobsen Sprint Tips
7. INVINCIBLE CAVIAR is the daughter of Australian Icon Black Caviar, and although her progeny have been average to date, she looks to have clear ability. She bolted in a recent jumpout and looks exactly like her mum, along with Peter Moody having a good wrap on her. Let's hope she can kick off her career with a win and put the haters to bed.
12. Viviane is one that intrigues me as I loved her impressive Werribee trial before her first start last prep where she was trapped wide and given none in a Blue Diamond Preview. She has been given a nice spell and her recent Flemington jumpout was sharp.
1. Commands The Field has the race experience and most importantly, a win on the board. He put away a handy horse in good fashion, with the next challenge being the Flemington straight.
10. Seonee was huge on debut at Geelong when very strong to the line. If she has developed a few race smarts over the last fortnight, she is a chance.
Race 5 - 2.05pm VRC Member Thorold Gunnersen AM Tips
3. YULONG JANUARY was heavily backed and saluted in style last start at this track and trip. He is yet to miss the top two with Mark Zahra aboard and his love affiliation with Flemington has continued, now three wins from six starts at the track. This looks an ideal race for him now and even though he would appreciate some rain around, he is adaptable on all surfaces.
4. Aramayo nearly found a place for our followers last start at $101, now a tenth of that price today after a fourth placing in listed company. Be wary that he could be a touch flat second-up, but we know that if he is on song, he will appreciate every bit of this 1400m journey.
12. Ocular was well backed but did nothing after pulling up with a slow recovery last start. Maybe he is over the odds now off the back of one bad run?
8. Rubisaki was great in the Sangster two races back, but was as flat as a tack last start in the Proud Miss when only managing fifth position. I can't touch her price based off of that effort.
Race 6 - 2.45pm VRC Member Brian Lindsay Trophy Tips
8. WAY TO GO PAULA looks to have found her right race after a great run two back over this trip in a strong race in Adelaide before having excuses in her last start when flopping behind Cherry Tortoni. Back to the 1400m is ideal and the Stokes stable are low-flying at the moment, so she is in the right barn to have her best chance. Jamie Kah hops aboard, that speaks for itself and I she appeals as one of the better bets of the day.
2. Summaroca rated well in his win two starts back and was so brave last start here at this track and trip. He is a horse on the up but could now be looking for a touch further.
6. Volatore looks a big price considering he was a good thing beaten at her latest when well supported. Yes, this is a stronger race, but he would not be this price had he won last start.
7. Standoff was due to fly to Queensland for the Oaks this weekend by instead will stay over 1400m at her favourite track. Not sure about her aiming at the longer trip and now running 800m short of that.
Race 7 - 3.25pm VRC Member Maureen Salter Plate Tips
17. ALMSGIVER has let the punters down at his first two starts when backed as if unbeatable, looking the winner yet going down by small margins. There is no doubt that this horse has talent, but he still might be a prep away from the penny dropping, but I can't let a horse who could be the best horse in the race go around at double figures. 2000m is a huge tick in favour of him and he could be more effective on top of the ground.
3. Reuber is the one that they need to beat off the back of two second placings, last start behind Horrifying who was very good in a Queensland Derby. A win is just around the corner for this horse.
4. Namakwa is a horse who won on the synthetic last start over 2100m. A pattern I have found is that horses coming from the synthetic tracks to city meetings generally run well (Riot And Rose/Running Cloud in recent weeks).
2. Our Lone Star beat Horrifying two back but rose in weight last start, still running well behind the latter and Reuber.
Race 8 - 4.05pm VRC Member William Capell Sprint Tips
3. YULONG COMMAND gets Jamie Kah back on board who has won and placed on him before. He is a natural front-running type who was swallowed up last start off a fortnight back-up where he set a fast tempo. Four-weeks between runs and back to 1100m is a formula I like for this fast horse.
5. Curran has beaten our top selection at their last two clashes, but this time the favour is with Yulong Command with a little weight swing. In saying that, this galloper went well against Ayrton last time and can show up again if he handles the straight.
2. All Of Brighton blitzed them down the straight last time and sees a similar scenario here. This is a much tougher race and he draws the inside.
1. Muntaseera should have won last week had she not missed the kick. She handles the straight and again will go well.
Race 9 - 4.35pm VRC Member Otto Kohn Trophy Tips
10. FIFTH POSITION is the best horse in this race, well-backed at Warrnambool last start only to look the winner a furlong from home before peaking late with two horses on a better part of the track beating him. Second-up, up to 2000m and to Flemington, this looks the recipe for win number three.
5. Approach Discreet is trekking towards a win nicely after running well at Sandown two starts back and arguably stiff not to win at Rosehill two weeks ago. Back to Victoria and up to the 2000m trip could be what he needs.
13. Excelman won like he should have last start when heavily supported. I feel he is a little short in the market but I am not knocking his winning chances.
16. Lunar Flare is gradually building to a win with two solid third placings under the belt. She will relish the 2000m trip but again, she is going to find herself a long way back with a lot of work to do.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 11.40am.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Chief Altony as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Chief Altony and Way To Go Paula are the two best bets of the day.
Almsgiver will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Chief Altony To Win @150.00 at BetMGM - 12 Units
Next Best Bet: Way To Go Paula To Win @320.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 6 Units
Value Bet: Almsgiver Each-Way @1200.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units