- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for May 22
- Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently rated a good four
- Justin Darcy provides his best bets
Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on May 22 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for May 22
Race 1 - 11.45am The BlueAnt X5 Party Speaker Plate Tips
3. PRIDE OF JENNI was a forget run last start when pulling up with post-race issued behind Brookspire, where she was well fancied in the market. Her first-up effort was brilliant when sustaining a hot tempo and pushing Agreeable all the way to the line. Now off four weeks and back to the mile, she gets the tick of approval from me.
2. Snickerdoodledandy is unbeaten second-up and is two from three over 1400m. Her first-up effort was a seven length fourth behind Ayrton, so that reads well enough coming into this race where she is expected to improve greatly.
4. Electric Belle put together three wins in a row last start when producing a phenomenal final 200m at Sandown. That was in a handy race and the flat track of Flemington will only suit her race pattern.
6. Sweet Sixteen was only beaten by a smart one of Gemma Rielly's last start, so she has been running well to feature in a race of this nature.
Race 2 - 12.20pm TAB Supports National Jockeys Trust Tips
1. RIDDLE ME THAT will look to get the perfect drop on the favourite here from gate five, likley to box seat in a race where I can see a little but of tempo. His form reads well with a third placing last start to Still A Star and a narrow fourth to Mr Quickie at his start prior. I like him coming to Flemington where he recorded a great win in the Paris Lane Stakes during the spring, so back to the scene of his last win could be the solution to him bouncing back.
2. Holbein recorded a well deserved win last start at Caulfield with Laura Lafferty in the saddle. He has it his own way in front, but now may be bothered by 7. Surreal Image who is also a renowned leader. If these two are fighting at each other for the majority of the race, Riddle Me That can get the last crack off their backs.
Surreal Image is as tough as old nails, but of course is competing for the lead against another tough conveyance while the class of the race gets the drop.
10. Ocean Miss did not have the best of journeys last time but was very good at her prior start when placing second here.
Race 3 - 12.55pm Racing.com Plate Tips
2. LINAS LEGEND did a good job behind Generation on debut who is a very professional two-year-old. Jamie Kah now takes the ride which is a positive indication towards his chances. The colt will benefit from the race experience and should improve out to 1400m on a big flat track where he can wind up into his race. The one they need to beat.
1. Blushing Tycoon looked the winner in the Sires Produce at Morphettville before just being caught out late by Biscayne Bay on the inside. A great performance overall but I do feel needs to find another length to beat the favourite.
5. Bring The Stars beat home Blushing Tycoon two starts back so that reads well for this race. He was very green at his next outing but should improve to a wide track here at Flemington.
9. Mangani has his first start for the Price and Kent Jr stable, bred to get out over a lot further being from Tarzino. The 1400m first-up looks ideal.
Race 4 - 1.30pm PFD Food Services Plate Tips
2. HEART OF PUISSANCE looks the best bet of the day after his awesome Warrnambool Cup run when probably proving the stiffest horse over the carnival (as he usually is). Jamie Kah now hops aboard which we know is the ultimate gear change for horses who struggle to win as often as they should, so confident that she will get the best out of him. He is stacked with ability and over this trip, has the versatility to settle a pair closer forward than usual. He is on the Persan track from last year, looking onwards to the Melbourne Cup.
5. Moonlight Maid ran on well for third in the Warrnambool Cup last start and is the one who really will appreciate the 2500m. Although she probably lacks a little on Heart Of Puissance, she is the next best in the race.
3. Wyclif did enough to win a messy race in Adelaide last start over this trip, so we know he is fit enough to run out the trip.
6. Converging was second behind Wyclif last start after an excellent mounting yard parade. If he holds his looks and form, he can fill the exotics.
Race 5 - 2.10pm donate@NJT.org.au Tips
4. WHIPCRACKER WAY and Alexandra Bryan are a match made in heaven, combining for four wins from five starts with the only miss coming on a leader's track and proving the only horse to make up any ground. They combined last start at Sandown when a big drifter in the market, beating Lady Solly in what was a fast run race. She draws outside which is where we want to be down the straight and she gets every chance to win again.
10. La Vina was dynamic at Warrnambool last start, keeping her strong first-up record in-tact. Expect a positive performance again, but will just need some luck drawing towards the inside.
2. Express Pass has a great first-up record but draws awkwardly in two. He packs a powerful turn of foot and has an excellent record over 1100m (four starts for three wins).
5. Deep Dive has the addition of Jamie Kah for the first time and comes into the race in ripping form off the back of two wins. He is nearly unbeaten over 1100m.
Race 6 - 2.50pm Ecycle Solutions Trophy Tips
5. JAPERY has form around one of the well fancied chances in this race after finishing sixth in the Inglis Dash at Flemington. His first-up run at Sandown was enough first-up for a horse who will improve with more racing. Talia Hope jumps aboard who bolted in when aboard back in January at this track and trip.
8. Dickin' Medal has trialled up okay in preparation for this race. He opened up as favourite in the Manfred in January, ahead of Aysar (Group One place getter), Tagaloa (Group One winner and place getter) and Portland Sky (subsequent Group One winner and place getter). That is hot form for a race of this nature, with the only negative being barrier one.
3. River Twain is in a good vein of form after winning three of his last five races. He was fifth in the Inglis Dash at Flemington, less than a length ahead of Japery, yet is $4 in this race?
2. Ocean Beyond was great winning the McKenzie back in November of last year, but looked as if he may have needed the run first-up at Morphettville in a nice race.
Race 7 - 3.30pm Off The Track Community Trophy Tips
3. OUR LONE STAR was terrific when winning here on Anzac Day, coming from well off midfield to score over our third selection in this event. He had some support at a price that day an although comes right up in weight, he is on an upwards trajectory to offset that negative. Top pick in this at the price.
9. French Moon was very good in that same race when on the inside and baulked for clear galloping room when needing to build momentum. Convinced he nearly wins with more room and momentum built. This is the other bet in the race we want to be with at a price.
4. Horrifying has to be thrown in multiples and exotics based off the run two back here in the Anzac Day race. He did not have the best of luck last start, but can bounce back here on the big track.
7. Redwood Shadow also comes through the Anzac Day race but last start finished third at Caulfield in what was a good performance. A win is not too far away.
Race 8 - 4.10pm Hilton Nicholas Straight Six Tips
10. RIDING THE WAVE gets his chance to win a stakes race, having zero luck in the Wangoom when backed heavily and hopelessly held up. We know when right that he has the class, and if he had won the Wangoom, he arguably starts favourite in this. He draws wide, Yendall sticks and has not missed the top two down the straight six at Flemington. Fantastic bet at the price.
6. Pandemic is a horse that makes punters want to cry as he is always well supported at every outing, but strikes trouble. He was smashed in the betting in the McKay three weeks ago, only to be held up as the subsequent Goodwood winner was off and gone. No doubt he has talent, but I have given up trying to find him again at a short quote.
3. Halvorsen is improving nicely, placing second last start behind Sartorial Splendor who was too quick for him over 1000m. 1200m is better for this horse and this is his right grade.
2. Aramayo is in for a nice prep based off of his sharp Flemington jumpout. He comes back from Singapore when he campaigned for two years competing in some of their best mile and 2000m events. A little nibble at $61 won't hurt.
Race 9 - 4.40pm Victorian Jockeys Association Plate Tips
Pretty keen on 12. ZACHAZ here after a great first-up run at Caulfield where he rocketed home from the back to finish third to Blue Ocean and subsequent winner Excelman. Jamie Kah takes the mount and second-up is when we see the best from this horse with two wins from three starts next to his name. I like him staying at the 1800m off a four-week break, and the good ground will only increase his chances.
6. My Pendant is a crazy price considering her good first-up run behind Cordilla. She was a little flat second-up which she can tend to be, but her third-up form reads well with two wins from five starts. She likes Flemington and now that she is a little dourer, the first time out to 1800m could suit.
5. Spring Choice was too good at Sandown last start in what I believe was a nice enough race. The car park is not ideal for this horse but Lachie King sticks who rides him well.
8. Don't Doubt Dory packs a nice turn of foot at his best, but is now due for a win after two positive runs this time in. Carleen Hefel rides him well and he is the one that could out-sprint them if they are all a little dour.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 11.45am while the last race jumps at 4.40pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Heart Of Puissance as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Heart Of Puissance and Riddle Me That will run as our two best bets of the day.
Japery will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Heart Of Puissance To Win @135.00 at BetMGM - 13 Units
Next Best Bet: Riddle Me That To Win @350.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 6 Units
Value Bet: Japery Each-Way @2000.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit